Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How many Americans have died from covid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Americans have died from covid?

The official numbers as of today are 520,000+ dead, but most health professionals seem to consider that an underestimate.

There are many, many more who have contracted covid and either recovered, or who have suffered long term debilitating symptoms.

Those numbers suggest this is quite a dangerous disease, but some people think these numbers are wrong.

I know of two people who died of this disease, and many others who had it and recovered.

While many of the people who died are old or had comorbidities, that is not true for all deaths.

How accurate are the numbers from CDC? Do you know people who had covid? How dangerous is this disease?

Originally posted by kccd View Post
    The official numbers...
    Are a complete mess and don't distinguish between those who died as a direct result of the China flu, and those who had the China flu but died from other causes. In some cases, deaths from falls and gunshot wounds have been cataloged as China deaths! For that matter, doctors aren't even required to confirm China flu as the direct cause before putting it on a death certificate, and in one case, doctors who had ruled out the China flu as the cause of death were overruled by a local government agency and the death certificate altered. And then there's the fact that the CDC found that in 94% of China flu cases, the decedent had multiple preexisting conditions.

So, yeah, take those official numbers with reasonable skepticism.
    Last edited by Mountain Man; 03-07-2021, 02:23 PM.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I suspect that 15,000 to 20,000 were actually "regular" flu deaths, as opposed to the Wu-WHO Flu, meaning that the apparent near-total disappearance of flu in 2020 was actually its being misidentified as Covid.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Are a complete mess and don't distinguish between those who died as a direct result of the China flu, and those who had the China flu but died from other causes. In some cases, deaths from falls and gunshot wounds have been cataloged as China deaths! For that matter, doctors aren't even required to confirm China flu as the direct cause before putting it on a death certificate, and in one case, doctors who had ruled out the China flu as the cause of death were overruled by a local government agency and the death certificate altered. And then there's the fact that the CDC found that in 94% of China flu cases, the decedent had multiple preexisting conditions.

So, yeah, take those official numbers with reasonable skepticism.
        There are also examples of people who clearly died of coronavirus but this is not on the death certificate.

It is also clear that there has been an excess of deaths during this pandemic, and this excess is less than deaths attributed to covid suggesting an undercount.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...eath-toll.html
        https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

People with comorbidities would likely have lived for years if not decades if not for covid, so it is certainly legitimate to blame this disease. But you certainly cannot blame covid for a gunshot death, but I think that has to be a complete outlier.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
          I suspect that 15,000 to 20,000 were actually "regular" flu deaths, as opposed to the Wu-WHO Flu, meaning that the apparent near-total disappearance of flu in 2020 was actually its being misidentified as Covid.
          Maybe. But it is also likely that mask wearing has limited the transmission of flu.

Comment

There are also examples of people who clearly died of coronavirus but this is not on the death certificate....
            So the numbers can't possibly be accurate.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The adjustment to the numbers was reported -- i think it was by the CDC. The report was that only 6% were actually covid-19 alone. Somewhere I heard it could be 20% attributed significantly to covid-19. So it may be a number 42,000 to 100,000 based on that. We see that there were many cases where the doctors just avoided patient rooms who were suspected of having covid-19. We also see the avoidance of successful treatments like Hydroxycholoroquine and Ivermectin. Use of these would have reduced deaths by 60% (https://hcqlost.com). There also was financial incentive to mark deaths as being covid-19. Maybe we could say 50,000 have died of covid-19 (or maybe the reduction applied to a larger number) and most other lives could have been prolonged and been decent. There is a whole mess of politics involved plus the failure of the medical system to support the use of life saving treatments.

I don't know anyone who had sickness beyond cold or flu levels of sickness. It seems the novel coronavirus is an opportunistic virus that can act severely on those with other diseases that weaken them.
              Last edited by mikewhitney; 03-07-2021, 05:32 PM.

Comment

There are also examples of people who clearly died of coronavirus but this is not on the death certificate.
                Are you suggesting that the undercounting exactly offsets the overcounting, and therefore the numbers are perfectly accurate? That's a stretch.

As for "excess deaths", doctors have reported an increase in people dying at home from treatable maladies because they are afraid of going to the hospital due to China flu fearmongering.

People with comorbidities would likely have lived for years if not decades if not for covid...
                How do you know?
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Are you suggesting that the undercounting exactly offsets the overcounting, and therefore the numbers are perfectly accurate? That's a stretch.

As for "excess deaths", doctors have reported an increase in people dying at home from treatable maladies because they are afraid of going to the hospital due to China flu fearmongering.

How do you know?
                  Because... Covid!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I don't have any way to measure if the covid fatality numbers are accurate or not. But I would suspect they are not, and probably woefully overestimated. That would be based on deaths reported due to other causes have dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

So the numbers can't possibly be accurate.
                      I think that, in the next year or so, when the experts have had a chance to sort out the data, that the number of dead will be higher than what is currently being reported.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                        I don't have any way to measure if the covid fatality numbers are accurate or not. But I would suspect they are not, and probably woefully overestimated. That would be based on deaths reported due to other causes have dropped.
                        Can you provide some links to support that?
                        There is no reason to think that deaths due to other causes like cancer have dropped, but the number of deaths has increased, coincidental with the pandemic spread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                          I know of too many cases locally that were reported as Covid deaths that were not - and I hear reports from people all across the Country with the same suspicions, or actual examples.

Unfortunately, you are correct - I know of no way to find the actual truth. It seems that Covid deaths will be grossly over-reported in some cases, but like the case of NYC - they can be purposely UNDER-reported for political expedience.

Liberals have everything to gain by making Covid as absolutely horrible as they can. We even have one poster who described it as a "raging pandemic" when all the numbers show that it's slowing down.

Comment

Can you provide some links to support that?
                            There is no reason to think that deaths due to other causes like cancer have dropped, but the number of deaths has increased, coincidental with the pandemic spread.
                            I read that somewhere and I don't recall where. And I'm not able to find any graphs to show yearly trends.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I know of too many cases locally that were reported as Covid deaths that were not - and I hear reports from people all across the Country with the same suspicions, or actual examples.

Unfortunately, you are correct - I know of no way to find the actual truth. It seems that Covid deaths will be grossly over-reported in some cases, but like the case of NYC - they can be purposely UNDER-reported for political expedience.

Liberals have everything to gain by making Covid as absolutely horrible as they can. We even have one poster who described it as a "raging pandemic" when all the numbers show that it's slowing down.
                              I used to be able to Google mortality trends, on a year-by-year basis, but I can't find any that reach 2020. The CDC is not supplying the information.

Comment