Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texans are Now Free to Move About the Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

That doesn't answer my objection. It may give a reason why there are MORE in right leaning counties, but not the existence of positive cases in left leaning ones if mask wearing was so prominent there.

Maybe it's because the masks don't work!

But, wait........we've eradicated the seasonal flu! So maybe the masks work!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post
      1. It is concerning that they have access to the geotracking data of that many Americans. How did they get that? It's supposed to be private.
      2. The GPS in your phone isn't that accurate to determine your location within inches. When I check my location on my phone (latest iphone, it is off by several yards.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

No one says anything to me, at least outside, and I live in LA. But I don't know if folks here don't say anything to me because I'm 6'4/physically fit and thus scared to, or they really just don't care.
        I'm 5'11", chest-warmer beard, reasonably fit, and have a resting expression that apparently makes me appear intimidating to people who don't realize I'm actually a big softy (so said my late wife).

Or maybe people just don't want to see me cover-up my stunning good looks. That must be it.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          The Governor has lifted the mask order and allowed all businesses to fully reopen.

Let the liberal wailing begin.
          For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

What a Neanderthal.

Edit: The worst part of Biden's comment is that the "h" is supposed to be silent.
          Last edited by Diogenes; 03-03-2021, 04:45 PM.
          P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

What a Neanderthal.

Edit: The worst part of Biden's comment is that the "h" is supposed to be silent.
            Most English-language dictionaries allow for both although in German the end of the word is pronounced "tall" not "thall." For me it only matters if you're the sort who says "Moscova" instead of "Moscow"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Most English-language dictionaries allow for both although in German the end of the word is pronounced "tall" not "thall." For me it only matters if you're the sort who says "Moscova" instead of "Moscow"
              TRU™ comrades say "Moscova". It's a shibboleth.
              P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

1. It is concerning that they have access to the geotracking data of that many Americans. How did they get that? It's supposed to be private.
                2. The GPS in your phone isn't that accurate to determine your location within inches. When I check my location on my phone (latest iphone, it is off by several yards.
                A few weeks ago the NYT published a graphic tracking cells phones of people at Trump's Jan6 rally who then moved up Pennsylvania Avenue to the Capitol, and then into the Capitol building. It was quite impressive, and they explained how they were able to get the data:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/05/o...?smid=em-share

Comment

What a Neanderthal.

I thought the worst part was that Neanderthal brains were, on average, about 5% larger than those of Anatomically Modern Humans.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

TRU™ comrades say "Moscova". It's a shibboleth.
                    TRU™ comrades say "tovarish," not "comrade." (At least that's the impression I got from Colossus of the X-Men around 40 years ago.)
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

TRU™ comrades say "tovarish," not "comrade." (At least that's the impression I got from Colossus of the X-Men around 40 years ago.)
                      TRU™ comrades know that the Soviet Union was not TRU™ communism. It is bourgeoisie slander to associate TRU™ communism with such failed states. TRU™ communists just rail against bourgeoisie while sponging off the profits of the bourgeoisie.
                      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

TRU™ comrades know that the Soviet Union was not TRU™ communism. It is bourgeoisie slander to associate TRU™ communism with such failed states. TRU™ communists just rail against bourgeoisie while sponging off the profits of the bourgeoisie.
                        Nyet. TRU™ comrades say Stalin was right winger because no TRU™ communist can be dictator.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

A few weeks ago the NYT published a graphic tracking cells phones of people at Trump's Jan6 rally who then moved up Pennsylvania Avenue to the Capitol, and then into the Capitol building. It was quite impressive, and they explained how they were able to get the data:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/05/o...?smid=em-share

That's terrifying. But the only way the times got the data was from an anonymous source (read hacker). Also as it even says in the article, the location accuracy isn't good enough to determine social distancing compliance for that study.

Comment

The first line in an editorial published two days ago in the Fort Worth Business Press succinctly summarizes Greg Abbott's decision:

"It's official: Greg Abbot is a moron."

https://fortworthbusiness.com/opinio...-incompetence/

Editorial: Abbott's Decision to Reopen Texas Unmasks His Incompetence
                            "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                            "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
                              The first line in an editorial published two days ago in the Fort Worth Business Press succinctly summarizes Greg Abbott's decision:

"It's official: Greg Abbot is a moron."

https://fortworthbusiness.com/opinio...-incompetence/

Editorial: Abbott's Decision to Reopen Texas Unmasks His Incompetence
                              Yeah, I've studied the order quite a bit, and it's not what the lefties are claiming. They just want us to go back in our caves and hide some more because of their Neanderthal thinking.

mask mandate.jpg
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

...It's a shibboleth.
                                I'm gonna look up that word before reporting you fort talking naughty!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment