Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texans are Now Free to Move About the Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Five foot sixteen inches rules
    My son-in-law has 4 inches on that, and bright red hair to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

Speaking of avatars...what is the significance of a giant rolling pin destroying a bridge?
      It is a warning to all that The PIN™ is a mighty and fearsome weapon and that one should beware its wielder.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        So, flipping through channels this morning before leaving the house, there they were --- liberals wailing and lamenting how "strong and wrong" Texas is.
        We will see in about a month if covid cases and hospitalizations go up in Texas.

OTOH I would predict that many people, especially liberals, will continue mask wearing and avoiding crowded businesses.

Comment

We will see in about a month if covid cases and hospitalizations go up in Texas.
          Thought that up all by yourself, did ya?

OTOH I would predict that many people, especially liberals, will continue mask wearing and avoiding crowded businesses.
          It's called FREEDOM!!!! Imagine that --
          nobody will be forced to go maskless in public!
          And nobody will be forced to go into crowded businesses.
          In fact, nobody will be forced to go out in public AT ALL!

And it's not liberals only - some of my conservative friends are very concerned about this.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The Governor has lifted the mask order and allowed all businesses to fully reopen.

Let the liberal wailing begin.
            I think you misspelt "rising death toll".

How is the vaccine roll-out going in Texas? I see the case and fatality numbers are rising this week.

Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
              I think you misspelt "rising death toll".
              Always good to see you, Roy.

How is the vaccine roll-out going in Texas?
              As I have stated numerous times, our faith-based help center operates a sub-hub for the State of Texas.
              The very first day, we did 2,500 vaccinations in 3 (maybe 4) days.
              Now we're doing 3-4000 a day, approaching 5,000 a day.
              People are coming from all over the state and beyond because it's such an efficient system.

I see the case and fatality numbers are rising this week.
              To correct kccd's incorrect assumption that I'm thrilled about this - I do have concerns, and am anxious to see how this goes.
              In the OP, I simply stated a fact.
              Then observed that liberals would be wailing.
              I was correct on both counts (albeit that the ending of the mask mandate doesn't end til a week from today.).

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Speaking of avatars...what is the significance of a giant rolling pin destroying a bridge?

When I became a moderator here, I was given a smiley to represent me, as all staff have, except that rogue person, who refuses to own one. This one was chosen for me, and it's become a sort of running joke through the years.

Sparky, I think, made that avatar for me, and although I have others, that one is my favourit. You will notice that I also have a pin in my banner.

I have received, in the mail, 2 rolling pins since being on Tweb, one of them carved with my username. It's all in great fun.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

When I became a moderator here, I was given a smiley to represent me, as all staff have, except that rogue person, who refuses to own one. This one was chosen for me, and it's become a sort of running joke through the years.

Sparky, I think, made that avatar for me, and although I have others, that one is my favourit. You will notice that I also have a pin in my banner.

I have received, in the mail, 2 rolling pins since being on Tweb, one of them carved with my username. It's all in great fun.
                  Raphael (another owner) doesn't have one and expressed interest.

CV also doesn't have one.

I'm the only one who has expressed no interest in having one

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Raphael (another owner) doesn't have one and expressed interest.

CV also doesn't have one.

I'm the only one who has expressed no interest in having one
                    We should see about those two getting a smiley. You are the only rebel in the bunch.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

But nobody notices my hat?
                      A Texan wearing a cowboy hat? That's a racist stereotype!! I am calling the liberals!

Comment

mossypin.jpg

mossosaurus.jpg

mosszilla.jpg

Comment

Comment

We should see about those two getting a smiley. You are the only rebel in the bunch.
                            Synonyms for rogue: imp, mischievous fellow, miscreant, picaro, puckish, rapscallion, rascal, renegade, scamp, scalawag/scallywag, scoundrel, varlet...

And you act surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              Baba Mossy rides again.

Mossy rides.jpg

Comment

Synonyms for rogue: imp, mischievous fellow, miscreant, picaro, puckish, rapscallion, rascal, renegade, scamp, scalawag/scallywag, scoundrel, varlet...

And you act surprised.
                                Nope.

Comment