Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texans are Now Free to Move About the Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kccd View Post
    Is that you or someone else in your avatar wearing that nice mask? Odd you would choose a masked image if you are so opposed to mask wearing.
    Who said I was opposed to wearing a mask? I work with a lot of older people, and I wore it in consideration of them.

As I told you before - I exercise the freedom to wear it or not, depending on the circumstances.

Odd that you should jump to such conclusions.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Is that you or someone else in your avatar wearing that nice mask? Odd you would choose a masked image if you are so opposed to mask wearing.
      Perhaps he's wearing a mask to prevent internet nuts from seeing what he really looks like.

Sort of like you not having an avatar at all.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Perhaps he's wearing a mask to prevent internet nuts from seeing what he really looks like.

But nobody notices my hat?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Who said I was opposed to wearing a mask? I work with a lot of older people, and I wore it in consideration of them.

As I told you before - I exercise the freedom to wear it or not, depending on the circumstances.

Odd that you should jump to such conclusions.
          My conclusions were based on your OP in which you celebrated the lifting of the mask mandate.

Comment

My conclusions were based on your OP in which you celebrated the lifting of the mask mandate.
            Try reading the OP again -- there was no celebrating - but there was certainly an observation that the liberals would be wailing.

Here's the OP in its entirety....

The Governor has lifted the mask order and allowed all businesses to fully reopen.

Let the liberal wailing begin.

Comment

Try reading the OP again -- there was no celebrating - but there was certainly an observation that the liberals would be wailing.

Here's the OP in its entirety....

There is a clear implication that conservatives, like you, would NOT be wailing over this order, or that you even have any concerns or reservations.

Comment

There is a clear implication that conservatives, like you, would NOT be wailing over this order, or that you even have any concerns or reservations.
                You just make being wrong an artform.

Comment

But nobody notices my hat?
                  I am so used to seeing you in a hat I didn't even notice it?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I am so used to seeing you in a hat I didn't even notice it?

Comment

The Governor has lifted the mask order and allowed all businesses to fully reopen.

Let the liberal wailing begin.

Comment

I can understand the desire to fully open businesses and schools ASAP for many, many reasons, although it may not be the safe thing to do in all places and for all types of businesses.

But I cannot understand lifting the mask order. This is a trivial inconvenience along with social distancing, but the data clearly shows it has a major impact on slowing the spread of this disease. I hope that Texans continue to wear masks, mandate or not.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/...mm6947e2-H.pdf

We have already lost a half million people to this disease. Does pointing that out constitute wailing? We do not want this to get worse, and if taking small precautions will slow the spread, why not do those things? Am I wailing yet?
                        EvgGEHiXcAAbdXv.jpg
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

No one says anything to me, at least outside, and I live in LA. But I don't know if folks here don't say anything to me because I'm 6'4/physically fit and thus scared to, or they really just don't care.
                          Five foot sixteen inches rules

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So, flipping through channels this morning before leaving the house, there they were --- liberals wailing and lamenting how "strong and wrong" Texas is.

Comment

So, flipping through channels this morning before leaving the house, there they were --- liberals wailing and lamenting how "strong and wrong" Texas is.
                              Look at how Florida was singled out for castigation and vicious mockery from the left during the entire Covid crisis, and yet, in spite of having a larger population and a higher percentage of "at risk" residents than New York (which was continuously offered as the representative model of how to properly respond), it is Florida that is, by virtually every measurement, emerging in far better shape.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Speaking of avatars...what is the significance of a giant rolling pin destroying a bridge?

Comment