Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texans are Now Free to Move About the Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post

That doesn't really make sense, but okay.
    I am saying it's news to report when someone says the Governor is evil/nuts/wrong to lift the mask mandate, so you see it everywhere. TV, social media, radio, print, etc. It makes it look like everyone is against the Governor. But the case could be that it is a small vocal minority and most of the people and businesses in Texas are glad it is being lifted. That's not newsworthy though. Squeaky wheels get the grease.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I am saying it's news to report when someone says the Governor is evil/nuts/wrong to lift the mask mandate, so you see it everywhere. TV, social media, radio, print, etc. It makes it look like everyone is against the Governor. But the case could be that it is a small vocal minority and most of the people and businesses in Texas are glad it is being lifted. That's not newsworthy though. Squeaky wheels get the grease.
      And they haven't read the provisions of his release.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Maybe you missed my point. I wasn't speaking on a local level. It's obvious that the leftists, including Biden, are against opening up, are all for lockdowns and government imposed mandates and keeping that extended as long as possible, and unfortunately that narrative is king right now driving our politics. I was saying we ain't going back to normal anytime soon, and the fact he's getting pushback from Biden himself is pretty evident of that.

Comment

Maybe you missed my point. I wasn't speaking on a local level. It's obvious that the leftists, including Biden, are against opening up, are all for lockdowns and government imposed mandates and keeping that extended as long as possible, and unfortunately that narrative is king right now driving our politics.
          that
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Maybe you missed my point. I wasn't speaking on a local level. It's obvious that the leftists, including Biden, are against opening up, are all for lockdowns and government imposed mandates and keeping that extended as long as possible, and unfortunately that narrative is king right now driving our politics. I was saying we ain't going back to normal anytime soon, and the fact he's getting pushback from Biden himself is pretty evident of that.
            We are not going back to anything close to normal, despite what the Texas Gov does, because people like me, and the people I know, are not about to leave our houses and go to movies, gyms, restaurants, churches etc. until it is clearly safe, which is not the case right now.

If reckless people chose to mass together without masks, there will be consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post
              We are not going back to anything close to normal, despite what the Texas Gov does, because people like me, and the people I know, are not about to leave our houses and go to movies, gyms, restaurants, churches etc. until it is clearly safe, which is not the case right now.

If reckless people chose to mass together without masks, there will be consequences.
              It's working!

Comment

Yes, you live in fear, you need not even express that here, as this is perfectly understood by us all. Folks like you are the elites' perfect little tools that enables them to impose their will on the populace.

Comment

once-covid-over-sounding-like-when-i-win-the-lottery.jpg
                  Remember how it was only going to be "two weeks" just to flatten the curve?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I think what the Loony Left is missing is that there is not a "don't wear a mask" mandate -- individual businesses and entities are still allowed to require masks.
                    Businesses can still restrict occupancy, and require their own employees to wear masks - they're free to do that.

Everybody else in Texas is to be treated like adults - we can decide to wear masks or not.
                    And we can decide to enter stores that are wide open or not.
                    And we can decide to enter stores to that require masks or not!

In fact, we have hybrids...
                    Some businesses in town have made it clear they are "wide open".
                    Some have announced (H-E-B) that they will encourage masks, but not attempt to make people wear them.
                    Some have announced that they're staying with the mask mandate.

The are free to do was they wish, and we are free to respond accordingly.

Sounds like free enterprise at work!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      I think what the Loony Left is missing is that there is not a "don't wear a mask" mandate -- individual businesses and entities are still allowed to require masks.
                      Businesses can still restrict occupancy, and require their own employees to wear masks - they're free to do that.

Everybody else in Texas is to be treated like adults - we can decide to wear masks or not.
                      And we can decide to enter stores that are wide open or not.
                      And we can decide to enter stores to that require masks or not!

In fact, we have hybrids...
                      Some businesses in town have made it clear they are "wide open".
                      Some have announced (H-E-B) that they will encourage masks, but not attempt to make people wear them.
                      Some have announced that they're staying with the mask mandate.

The are free to do was they wish, and we are free to respond accordingly.

Sounds like free enterprise at work!
                      A number of businesses have said that they will continue to require employees to wear masks until further notice regardless what the state says.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        A number of businesses have said that they will continue to require employees to wear masks until further notice regardless what the state says.
                        Absolutely -- and there was one woman business owner in Houston on the news last night fuming about the Governor's "edict" and insisting that her restaurant will absolutely not allow anybody to enter without a mask, blah blah blah.... She was badmouthing him as a dictator, rant rant rant...

Maybe she doesn't know that she's actually free to do that under the new directive.

Comment

Absolutely -- and there was one woman business owner in Houston on the news last night fuming about the Governor's "edict" and insisting that her restaurant will absolutely not allow anybody to enter without a mask, blah blah blah.... She was badmouthing him as a dictator, rant rant rant...

Maybe she doesn't know that she's actually free to do that under the new directive.
                          Liberty. Who'da thunk it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Liberty. Who'da thunk it?
                            And let those who choose to live their lives in fear stay home! They are FREE to do that!

Comment

And let those who choose to live their lives in fear stay home! They are FREE to do that!
                              Such radical independent thinking must be stamped out!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                Such radical independent thinking must be stamped out!
                                Isn't that a hoot --- that the LIBERALS are about fear and control --- and the conservatives are all about free choice and FREEDOM?

Comment