Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texans are Now Free to Move About the Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The narrative is "It's not for your benefit, it's for mine!" as if we're all a bunch of China Flu Mary's running around infecting everybody we come within 10-feet of.
    Yup.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• My cousin is a nurse at the University of Michigan hospital in Detroit. She was actually laid off last spring and summer because people were avoiding coming to the hospital for procedures and there weren't actually that many COVID patients there that they needed her. The whole overwhelming of hospitals and morgues was an exaggeration. It happened in a few places and for a short time. New York being the worst. And now we know most of that was Cuomo's fault. They had a hospital ship there that went mostly unused, while he shoved patients into nursing homes.

And yes, I wear a mask when I go out because I am at high risk because I have a compromised immune system. But I could care less if other people wear them. I treat them all as if they are infected and avoid them and wash my hands after touching anything. If they want to risk their lives, that's their problem. Just get your shot and sit back while all those nutty conservatives eliminate themselves, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

So now you are screaming "whataboutism"?

And yet it was you who brought up seatbelts and red lights, and shoes and shirts. etc.
        I never wear a seatbelt while not wearing a shirt and shoes while running red lights. NEVER. Not once.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I never wear a seatbelt while not wearing a shirt and shoes while running red lights. NEVER. Not once.
          Me too, neither!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Chicken!!!

hillbillytornado11.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              That does it! Hold my beer, bubba, and watch THIS....
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                My cousin is a nurse at the University of Michigan hospital in Detroit. She was actually laid off last spring and summer because people were avoiding coming to the hospital for procedures and there weren't actually that many COVID patients there that they needed her. The whole overwhelming of hospitals and morgues was an exaggeration. It happened in a few places and for a short time. New York being the worst. And now we know most of that was Cuomo's fault. They had a hospital ship there that went mostly unused, while he shoved patients into nursing homes.

And yes, I wear a mask when I go out because I am at high risk because I have a compromised immune system. But I could care less if other people wear them. I treat them all as if they are infected and avoid them and wash my hands after touching anything. If they want to risk their lives, that's their problem. Just get your shot and sit back while all those nutty conservatives eliminate themselves, right?
                I don't want anyone to die unnecessarily. I would like people to understand that there are behaviors that can prevent them from getting this disease. But it seems that a substantial number of conservatives are rejecting medical advice for political reasons. I don't know how to deal with that except to keep pushing for people to follow medical guidance.

If people want to risk their lives, it is not just their problem. If their behavior results in infection, not only can they infect others, but their behavior can result in prolonged and more widely spread infection resulting in the appearance of more dangerous mutated variants. The current variants are bad enough.

Yes I got my shot, but I am also concerned about the people who reject the shot and refuse to follow medical advice.

We may be headed for another wave of infections, but I hope not.

I don't get why posters here think my concerns are so amusing, given that we have already seen 1/2 million people die unnecessarily.

Comment

Ha ha ha.
                  I am sure the families of those 500,000 people dead of covid think this is really funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by kccd View Post
                    Ha ha ha.
                    I am sure the families of those 500,000 people dead of covid think this is really funny.
                    And I'm sure it makes you feel good to keep using their deaths as fodder for your debate.

I just wish you were an honest debater instead of a shill for the loony left.

Comment

If you are not intelligent enough to distinguish between asking people to wear a mask and an actual law controlling traffic, you're really not capable of critical thinking.

You really do appear to be quite hysterical over this --- I have already said that I wear a mask. My current avatar shows me wearing a mask.

Take a deep breath.

Yup - you're gulping the koolaid.
                      While you are wearing a mask, you have been mocking any mandates to do so. It does not work if only some people stop for red lights.

Traffic laws are meant to be permanent, whereas mandates during a pandemic will last only as long as the pandemic. These mandates are based on medical advice and I still don't get why people don't want to follow these recommendations and insult those of us who do.

Yes I am concerned over this, but hardly hysterical. I live in an area where people always mask up. I work remotely and my church does everything remotely and my social groups are all through Zoom. But I do have concerns about those who might be surrounded by mask averse people. It is shocking to see crowds of people in bars or political events like CPAC not wearing masks.

In this scenario, why is it me and not the mask-averse conservatives who are thought to be gulping the koolaid? It is not me putting myself and others at risk.

I have yet to get anything but a jokey response to my questions about why "freedom" justifies going against medical advice and putting others as well as yourself at risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Yet tens of thousands still die WITH a vaccine. And asymptomatic transmission is just as effective at passing influenza off as symptomatic. So why are you reluctant to wear a mask for influenza? Do tens of thousands of deaths not rise to the proper level of selective outrage?

And the evidence is pretty clear thus far that proven reinfections are exceedingly rare, so those that have already had it are already well-protected against it.
                        Only about half of Americans get the flu vaccine. I don't know how of the tens of thousands who die have gotten the vaccine and how many are unvaccinated. Do you?

Yes, the evidence we have so far is that reinfection is rare. That does not mean that people who have had covid should throw caution to the wind. After all, Trump and his wife quietly got the vaccine before leaving the WH, although both of them had covid. I guess their doctors convinced them this was the smart thing to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

So now you are screaming "whataboutism"?

And yet it was you who brought up seatbelts and red lights, and shoes and shirts. etc.
                          The issue is about public safety mandates by the govt, and mask wearing falls into this category as does wearing seatbelts and stopping at red lights.
                          And if no one is complaining when businesses demand shoes and shirts, why complain when they demand masks.

Why is wearing a mask so onerous? I do not get this.

Comment

While you are wearing a mask, you have been mocking any mandates to do so.
                            Yes, because I'm an adult, and I can decide this for myself.

It does not work if only some people stop for red lights.

Traffic laws are meant to be permanent, whereas mandates during a pandemic will last only as long as the pandemic. These mandates are based on medical advice and I still don't get why people don't want to follow these recommendations and insult those of us who do.
                            So, I know you're not stupid - I honestly don't believe you are -- but you sure can be dense.
                            Traffic lights are a part of the codified ordinances, to which we agree when we get a drivers license.

Yes I am concerned over this, but hardly hysterical. I live in an area where people always mask up. I work remotely and my church does everything remotely and my social groups are all through Zoom. But I do have concerns about those who might be surrounded by mask averse people. It is shocking to see crowds of people in bars or political events like CPAC not wearing masks.
                            And you seem fine living like a little lemming hermit.

In this scenario, why is it me and not the mask-averse conservatives who are thought to be gulping the koolaid? It is not me putting myself and others at risk.
                            And, ONCE AGAIN, I wear a mask when I feel there are others who may be in jeopardy from me - I have no problem with that at all - it's a personal choice.

I have yet to get anything but a jokey response to my questions about why "freedom" justifies going against medical advice and putting others as well as yourself at risk.
                            Partly because the loony left has weaponized this into a control tactic to restrict the freedoms of citizens. They have made it quite political -- and many of the high ranking Democrats are absolute hypocrites, mandating others to wear masks, but they can have birthday parties and social gatherings without masks. They're like the Pharisees of the Bible - mandating rules for others to follow, but they don't follow them themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

The narrative is "It's not for your benefit, it's for mine!" as if we're all a bunch of China Flu Mary's running around infecting everybody we come within 10-feet of.
                              No. The narrative is that we are all in this together, and we will not lick it unless we all follow medical advice and do the simple things they recommend. Everyone suffers if a substantial segment of the population thinks this is a joke.

Comment

No. The narrative is that we are all in this together, and we will not lick it unless we all follow medical advice and do the simple things they recommend.
                                I followed the medical advice EGGzackly -- mask up for 2 weeks so we can flatten the curve. Done. Or do you mean the constantly changing and conflicting medical advice? From whom? and which time?

Everyone suffers if a substantial segment of the population thinks this is a joke.
                                Then maybe your hypocrite overlords should take this seriously and subject themselves to the same rules they try to foist on others.

Comment