Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texans are Now Free to Move About the Republic

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Texans are Now Free to Move About the Republic

    The Governor has lifted the mask order and allowed all businesses to fully reopen.

    Let the liberal wailing begin.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  • #2
    I would compromise with mask mandate over lockdown. I find masks annoying, and don't wear them when I'm outside, but if it means appeasing those living in fear, it's not the end of the world.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by seanD View Post
      I would compromise with mask mandate over lockdown. I find masks annoying, and don't wear them when I'm outside, but if it means appeasing those living in fear, it's not the end of the world.
      This order becomes effective next Wednesday - can't seem to find a source online other than my email from the State Capitol.
      "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

      Comment


      • #4
        Texas becomes biggest US state to lift COVID-19 mask mandate


        AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Texas is lifting its mask mandate, Gov. Greg Abbott said Tuesday, making it the largest state to end an order intended to prevent the spread of the coronavirus that has killed more than 42,000 Texans.

        The Republican governor has faced sharp criticism from his party over the mandate, which was imposed eight months ago, as well as other COVID-19 restrictions on businesses that Texas will also scuttle starting next week. The mask order was only ever lightly enforced, even during the worst outbreaks of the pandemic.

        The repealed rules include doing away with limits on the number of diners or customers allowed indoors, said Abbott, who made the announcement at a restaurant in Lubbock. He said the new rules would take effect March 10, although leaders in Houston and other big Texas cities were already reacting with alarm.

        “Removing statewide mandates does not end personal responsibility,” said Abbott, speaking from the crowded dining room where many of those surrounding him were not wearing masks.

        “It’s just that now state mandates are no longer needed,” he said.

        ....
        "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by seanD View Post
          I would compromise with mask mandate over lockdown. I find masks annoying, and don't wear them when I'm outside, but if it means appeasing those living in fear, it's not the end of the world.
          In my experience, I've found that the overwhelming majority of people don't seem to care if you wear a mask or not.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God


          From "Fools Gold" by Petra

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

            In my experience, I've found that the overwhelming majority of people don't seem to care if you wear a mask or not.
            No one says anything to me, at least outside, and I live in LA. But I don't know if folks here don't say anything to me because I'm 6'4/physically fit and thus scared to, or they really just don't care.
            "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by seanD View Post

              No one says anything to me, at least outside, and I live in LA. But I don't know if folks here don't say anything to me because I'm 6'4/physically fit and thus scared to, or they really just don't care.
              remind me to be extra nice to you.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sparko View Post

                remind me to be extra nice to you.
                I'm actually a sweetheart in person.
                "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                  In my experience, I've found that the overwhelming majority of people don't seem to care if you wear a mask or not.
                  Except for Karens and control-freak liberals.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by seanD View Post

                    No one says anything to me, at least outside, and I live in LA. But I don't know if folks here don't say anything to me because I'm 6'4/physically fit and thus scared to, or they really just don't care.
                    My brother lives in L.A. and he says he's had people gesture at him to wear a mask when he's sitting in his car with the windows rolled up. Sounds nightmarish to me.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ronson View Post

                      Except for Karens and control-freak liberals.
                      I had a woman pull her cart up short in a grocery store and stare at me with a mixture of fear and annoyance. I moved my cart aside so she could pass, smiled politely and said, "You can go ahead." She shot daggers at me with her eyes. "I'll wait!" I shrugged and went back to what I was doing. She tapped her foot angrily at me for several seconds before yanking her cart around and marching the other way.

                      That's about the extent of it. Nobody else has commented or even given me a second look.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God


                      From "Fools Gold" by Petra

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                        I had a woman pull her cart up short in a grocery store and stare at me with a mixture of fear and annoyance. I moved my cart aside so she could pass, smiled politely and said, "You can go ahead." She shot daggers at me with her eyes. "I'll wait!" I shrugged and went back to what I was doing. She tapped her foot angrily at me for several seconds before yanking her cart around and marching the other way.

                        That's about the extent of it. Nobody else has commented or even given me a second look.
                        It's always nice when somebody is willing to provide you free entertainment like that.
                        "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

                          In my experience, I've found that the overwhelming majority of people don't seem to care if you wear a mask or not.
                          That is completely different from my experience.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            The Governor has lifted the mask order and allowed all businesses to fully reopen.

                            Let the liberal wailing begin.
                            I can understand the desire to fully open businesses and schools ASAP for many, many reasons, although it may not be the safe thing to do in all places and for all types of businesses.

                            But I cannot understand lifting the mask order. This is a trivial inconvenience along with social distancing, but the data clearly shows it has a major impact on slowing the spread of this disease. I hope that Texans continue to wear masks, mandate or not.

                            https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/...mm6947e2-H.pdf

                            We have already lost a half million people to this disease. Does pointing that out constitute wailing? We do not want this to get worse, and if taking small precautions will slow the spread, why not do those things? Am I wailing yet?
                            Last edited by kccd; 03-02-2021, 07:33 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                              It's always nice when somebody is willing to provide you free entertainment like that.
                              Is that you or someone else in your avatar wearing that nice mask? Odd you would choose a masked image if you are so opposed to mask wearing.

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Hypatia_Alexandria, Yesterday, 06:51 AM
                              33 responses
                              172 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by Cow Poke, Yesterday, 06:22 AM
                              84 responses
                              460 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Sparko
                              by Sparko
                               
                              Started by Cow Poke, 04-19-2021, 05:51 PM
                              23 responses
                              133 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post One Bad Pig  
                              Started by Cow Poke, 04-19-2021, 05:32 PM
                              16 responses
                              138 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Sparko
                              by Sparko
                               
                              Started by Cow Poke, 04-19-2021, 05:28 PM
                              20 responses
                              119 views
                              1 like
                              Last Post seanD
                              by seanD
                               
                              Working...
                              X