Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is Michigan Governor Whitmer next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Michigan Governor Whitmer next?

Oopsie. Looks like Michigan's Governor Whitmer is next.

Michigan GOP Calls for Investigation into Whitmer’s COVID Nursing Home Policy

Michigan Republicans are calling for an investigation into Governor Gretchen Whitmer’s policy that forced long-term care facilities to accept coronavirus-positive patients.
    In letters to Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel and acting U.S. Attorney General Monty Wilkinson last week, state Senator Jim Runestad claims that there is “no accurate data on how many residents may have been harmed by this policy” due to “reporting failures.”

“Gov. Whitmer’s administration has been questioned repeatedly about unintended consequences of her policies and discrepancies in the reported numbers of cases and deaths in our state’s long-term care facilities,” Runestad writes in the letters obtained by National Review. “It has now come to our attention that these reporting errors have likely not been resolved.”

He adds that “questions remain regarding the accuracy of data, compliance with CDC guidelines and compliance with our state’s Freedom of Information Act. There is a critical need for a full investigation into these matters.”

Runestad writes that there has been no clear reporting path to document nursing home patient cases by facility after a transfer takes place.

“Moving residents around the state between facilities and hospitals may have significantly increased exposure of nursing home residents to the virus, while simultaneously shielding the toll.”

When Runestad and seven other GOP state senators contacted nursing homes in their districts they found discrepancies in how cases were being reported, according to the letter.

While some nursing homes are reporting a positive test in their numbers when a patient is transferred to a hospital and receives a positive test result there, others are not.

“The executive orders have only required long-term care facilities to report when they have a resident who had a positive test at their facility, but not when a patient who was transferred tests positive,” the letter says. “Additionally, there may be similar discrepancies in how these deaths are reported after transfer.”

When Michigan House Oversight Committee chairman Steven Johnson held a hearing to investigate, the state health and human services director sent a letter in lieu of in-person testimony.

“Basically what it said was, ‘We are doing everything we have to, we have the greatest data out there, we’re collecting everything like we are supposed to,” Johnson said, according to FOX2 Detroit. “But they didn’t actually share the data with us.”

Ted Goodman, communications director for the Michigan Republican Party, called the Whitmer administration’s “lack of transparency unacceptable,” and said the lockdown orders and nursing home policies “have led to additional suffering that could have been avoided.”
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cy/ar-BB1e7NQY

Also:

Michigan Gov. Whitmer's health director received payout amid abrupt resignation: report

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's health department director is set to receive a $155,506 payout after his sudden resignation in January, and his departure still has not been explained, The Detroit News first reported on Monday.

Former Michigan state health department director Robert Gordon also signed a confidentiality agreement "in the interest of protecting deliberations among government officials," according to the deal obtained via an open-records request by The Detroit News.

"In response to any inquiries from prospective employers, employer will state that employee voluntarily resigned," the agreement read, according to The Detroit News' reporting.

"We're still investigating the things the Whitmer Administration has done during COVID in plain sight, when we find out about a secret payoff behind closed doors," state Rep. Steve Johnson, chair of the Michigan House Oversight Committee, told Fox News in a statement. "While it doesn't surprise me, the deception is shocking and shows how badly this Administration needs oversight so they can be held to account."

"Mr. Robert Gordon was the state's health director and played an instrumental role in the state's COVID-19 response," Ted Goodman, spokesman for the Michigan GOP, told Fox News in a statement. "Michigan taxpayers deserve to know the circumstances surrounding the resignation of Mr. Gordon in the middle of a public health crisis. Why is Gov. Whitmer refusing to explain this secret deal?"
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mic...ut-resignation

I hope someone comes along to give a proper Vidar treatment to PA Governor Fenris.

I feel sick that our freak Levine is in the process of failing upwards into a national post.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Isn't it ironic that all the darling leftist governors that imposed the harshest totalitarian lockdowns, were praised by the MSM even though they still had their states ravaged by covid, are all getting investigated or ousted for their ineptness and corruption. You really can't make this stuff up.

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

How long before someone brings up the irrelevant plot to kidnap her as a way of discrediting an investigation?

Comment

I don't see anything happening to any of these Democrat governors. They will be protected by the liberal machine and voted back in by their idiot constituents.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              I don't see anything happening to any of these Democrat governors. They will be protected by the liberal machine and voted back in by their idiot constituents.
              I think it's curtains for Cuomo. You know you're days are numbered when you even have the DNC establishment queen herself, Hillary, on the attack. Someone high in the power pyramid must have really gotten ticked off by that dude. He must have tried to hit on one of the elite's nieces or something.
              Last edited by seanD; 03-03-2021, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Like the GOP machine has protected Trump, and the rest of the Trumpettes?

The sexual assault allegations against Trump are much more significant.
                The incompetence dealing with covid much worse.
                The corruption on a level not possible at the state level.

Comment

I wonder if we can start calling Biden worshippers "Bidets".

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    I wonder if we can start calling Biden worshippers "Bidets".
                    With a French pronunciation?
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

That was my thinking.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Or maybe Bidiots or Joerons.

Comment

Oui-oui.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Oui-oui.
                            I see what you did there.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I see what you did there.
                              I washed my hands right afterwards.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment