Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Islamic Violence vs Right-Wing Extremism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

You do realise that some here will never concede that domestic US RW violence can ever be quite as heinous as domestic US LW violence.

Excuses and defensive comments will continue to be made to contend that the Left is always far worse.
    But the left has taken "it's a mostly peaceful protest" to an artform!

Once again - I'm consistent - you do the crime, you should do the time.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You do realise that some here will never concede that domestic US RW violence can ever be quite as heinous as domestic US LW violence.

Excuses and defensive comments will continue to be made to contend that the Left is always far worse.
      Only when it actually is worse. We have consistently condemned violence by anyone. It's the left that uses language like "mostly peaceful" to disguise and excuse their use of violence.

Comment

it was Shuny who wanted to deflect from Islamic violence to right-wring violence. I never mentioned left-wing violence. 2020 showed violence is mainstream for the modern US left. I don't see Republicans setting up bail funds for the Capitol rioters or any other right wing extremist. If we're going to pile up the bodies in general throughout history, Stalin and Mao are a 1-2 punch for victory for the left of the ideological spectrum. If we're going to look at religion and death toll, Islam is the victory.

The only constant is the human capacity for violence. No one here is defending right-wing violence or extremism.
        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

it was Shuny who wanted to deflect from Islamic violence to right-wring violence. I never mentioned left-wing violence. 2020 showed violence is mainstream for the modern US left. I don't see Republicans setting up bail funds for the Capitol rioters or any other right wing extremist. If we're going to pile up the bodies in general throughout history, Stalin and Mao are a 1-2 punch for victory for the left of the ideological spectrum. If we're going to look at religion and death toll, Islam is the victory.

The only constant is the human capacity for violence. No one here is defending right-wing violence or extremism.
          In people like HA's mind, correcting the lies that the left made up about the Capitol riot, is "defending right-wing volence"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Only when it actually is worse. We have consistently condemned violence by anyone. It's the left that uses language like "mostly peaceful" to disguise and excuse their use of violence.
            Actually the right has consistently tried to blame right wing violence on lefties. Republican Congressmen did it today when the FBI Director testified about Jan 6. Although he kept insisting there was no evidence of involvement by antifa or BLM or other left wing instigators, these Congressmen kept asking about left wing involvement.

Our intel agencies have tried to warn about right wing terrorism in the USA since before McVeigh, but Republicans will have none of it, even as example after example occurs and the body count goes up.

Comment

In people like HA's mind, correcting the lies that the left made up about the Capitol riot, is "defending right-wing volence"
              What "lies" did "the left" make up about the events of 6 January?
              "It ain't necessarily so
              The things that you're liable
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life
              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Me too neither!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What "lies" did "the left" make up about the events of 6 January?
                  One of the most egregious ones - that a Capitol Police Officer was bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher. Never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

One of the most egregious ones - that a Capitol Police Officer was bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher. Never happened.
                    He died from injuries he sustained. I have not read anywhere that he was "bludgeoned to death" with the fire extinguisher.

"It ain't necessarily so
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

He died from injuries he sustained. I have not read anywhere that he was "bludgeoned to death" with the fire extinguisher.
                      Take this to Cow Poke's thread please.
                      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

I'm shocked! (not even in the least - but, yes - there's a whole thread on that)

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Their definition of terrorism: "the deliberate use—or threat—of violence by non-state actors in order to achieve political goals and create a broad psychological impact." The fact they don't view any of the violence in 2020 as leftwing terrorism is laughable and pretty much renders their analysis a joke (and obviously partisan driven).
                          Right Wing terrorist are overwhelmingly Christian, and not atheists nor Muslims..
                          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Shuny you still have not supported your claim that "Right Wing violence in the US exceeds all other causes of violence"

Your link says nothing of the sort. Not to mention it is 20 years old.
                            Your reference supported this.
                            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Take this to Cow Poke's thread please.
                              I do hope you posted the same request to Cow Poke who introduced the topic [see post # 38]. I have no particular interest in discussing the man's death.
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

But the left has taken "it's a mostly peaceful protest" to an artform!
                                Or is that more evidence of the Lügenpresse? I honestly don't know. However, scenes of burning buildings. looted shops, and people hitting one another makes for far more "exciting" television than images of peaceful protesters with placards shouting slogans.

"It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment