Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Islamic Violence vs Right-Wing Extremism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islamic Violence vs Right-Wing Extremism

As per Cow Poke's suggestion

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Handmaid's tale is not remotely relevant.

Not in the US. Right Wing violence in the US exceeds all other causes of violence including Islamic violence. It includes violence against Muslims and those that look like Muslims.

https://archives.fbi.gov/archives/ne...-united-states
    Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Please do not look at the behind the curtain:

https://thereligionofpeace.com/attac...e-attacks.aspx

So, for the link I gave, 2,355 people were killed [~130.8334 per year] and 8,482 were injured [~471.222 per year] were injured spanning from 2002 to 2020. If you would be so kind as to continue your thread derailment and post similar stats for the right-wing extremism that so much more a threat.
    So, I'll wait here for Shuny to post actual right-wing extremism stats so we can compare the violence of the two.

Edit

https://thereligionofpeace.com/attac...n-attacks.aspx

For the US during the same time period, 163 deaths, 514 injuries.
    Last edited by Diogenes; 03-01-2021, 09:38 PM. Reason: Added US stats
    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Thank you, sir!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No derailment. My email was in response to the questionable assertions in your post. If anyone derailed it was you.
      Shuny is referring to this:

Christians have more legitimate worry about being socially and politically ostracised than you do about The Handmaid's Tale becoming a reality.

Edit: Muslims pose a much more credible threat than Christians.

If that is the case, Shuny needs to show the stats of Christian-related violence and not merely right wing extremism.
      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

As per Cow Poke's suggestion

So, I'll wait here for Shuny to post actual right-wing extremism stats so we can compare the violence of the two.

Edit

https://thereligionofpeace.com/attac...n-attacks.aspx

For the US during the same time period, 163 deaths, 514 injuries.
        Your reference is highly biased and actually incorrect concerning the number Muslims, and those that look like Muslims have been attacked and killed. I cited a reference by the FBI concerning the present threat of violence in the USA, and violence by extreme Right groups are the dominant threat today, they are Christians and you have failed to respond, but appeal to a greater scope of recent history. OK I can appeal to a greater reference to history.

Yes extremist Muslims have committed acts of violence, and yes extremist Christians have committed acts of violence. Christian violence against Blacks dominates the 20th century and continues. Violence against Blacks in the 20th Century has been extreme beyond any other cause and the account of Muslim violence in the the 20th century is minimal in comparison.

Remember the violent assault on the Capital received wide spread support from Christian Conservatives in the Republican Party. See: https://www.newsweek.com/45-percent-...apitol-1559662

Different polls indicate 25-45% of the Republicans support the violent takeover the Capital. They are Christians, though many others believe it was Antifa conspiracy.

https://www.newamerica.org/in-depth/...slim-activity/

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ss-2001-level/
        Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
        Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Shuny, let me explain.

Far right groups that call themselves "Christians" and do violent things are not.

Got it? Good.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            Shuny, let me explain.

Far right groups that call themselves "Christians" and do violent things are not.

Got it? Good.
            Extremist Muslims call themselves Muslim, but they are not.

You have not responded to the fact that a large percentage of Christian Republicans approve of the violent takeover of the Capital, and they are Christians.
            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Shuny you still have not supported your claim that "Right Wing violence in the US exceeds all other causes of violence"

Your link says nothing of the sort. Not to mention it is 20 years old.

Comment

You have not responded to the fact that a large percentage of Christian Republicans approve of the violent takeover of the Capital, and they are Christians.
                1> They don't and

2> it was not a takeover.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  Shuny you still have not supported your claim that "Right Wing violence in the US exceeds all other causes of violence"

Your link says nothing of the sort. Not to mention it is 20 years old.
                  How "right-wing violence" as compared to "left-wing violence" gets defined is one of the biggest issues in trying to get accurate numbers.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So the mullahs of Iran aren't actually Muslims. And here I got it all wrong for all of these years.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      So the mullahs of Iran aren't actually Muslims. And here I got it all wrong for all of these years.
                      Actually I think in the case of Islam, it's the "peaceful, let's all get along" muslims who are not really muslim. The history of Islam started with violent and forced conversions and destroying anyone who did not submit, and the Koran is filled with such commands. So it's the opposite of Christianity which teaches violence is only allowed in self defense and we should be peaceful and spread the gospel to those who are willing, and never force them.

Comment

But shuny, you are only afraid of Christians, so you need to give us all the statistics that have been asked for several times now in this thread and elsewhere.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Actually I think in the case of Islam, it's the "peaceful, let's all get along" muslims who are not really muslim. The history of Islam started with violent and forced conversions and destroying anyone who did not submit, and the Koran is filled with such commands. So it's the opposite of Christianity which teaches violence is only allowed in self defense and we should be peaceful and spread the gospel to those who are willing, and never force them.
                          They are actually far closer to what could be called "secular Muslims" or "cultural Muslims" (like you have "secular Jews") than religious Jews.

And instead of finding just some small backwoods, isolated church promoting violence (and getting roundly condemned for it when discovered) you have leaders of government, notable imams and mullahs, major mosques and centers of Islamic studies, all either promoting or rationalizing violence.

As I've repeatedly said, in order for a Christian to do things like forcible conversions you have to expressly ignore the teachings of Christ. OTHOH, in order for a Muslim NOT to do things like forcible conversions you have to expressly ignore the teachings of Muhammad.

Comment

From this report, the breakdown of US domestic terrorism sources is:
                            TNT_Graphics_Web-01.jpg

"Between 1994 and 2020, there were 893 terrorist attacks and plots in the United States. Overall, right-wing terrorists perpetrated the majority—57 percent—of all attacks and plots during this period, compared to 25 percent committed by left-wing terrorists, 15 percent by religious terrorists, 3 percent by ethnonationalists, and 0.7 percent by terrorists with other motives."
                            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Your reference is highly biased and actually incorrect concerning the number Muslims, and those that look like Muslims have been attacked and killed. I cited a reference by the FBI concerning the present threat of violence in the USA, and violence by extreme Right groups are the dominant threat today, they are Christians and you have failed to respond, but appeal to a greater scope of recent history. OK I can appeal to a greater reference to history.
                              If you're going to try to be a good dhimmi and say "Not all bad actors who identify as Muslims are TRU™ Muslims but all bad actors who identify as Christians are TRU™ Christians", I'm going to ask the thread be closed and I'll just put you on Ignore as that's acting in bad faith. I have no sympathies for people are critical of Christians and Christianity but refuse to call out Muslims and Islams.

Yes extremist Muslims have committed acts of violence, and yes extremist Christians have committed acts of violence.
                              Going down the rabbit hole ins't going to save the narrative Christians are just as extreme as Muslims as those that are outliers in Islamic theology are the non-violent ones. Violence is mainstream in Islam and the Qur'an. The New Testament isn't supportive of violence. Even the OT violence is highly contextualised.

Christian violence against Blacks dominates the 20th century and continues. Violence against Blacks in the 20th Century has been extreme beyond any other cause and the account of Muslim violence in the the 20th century is minimal in comparison.
                              Going down the rabbit hole of past violence isn't going to save the narrative that Christians are more violent or oppressive than Islam. The KKK hated Catholics as well. Notably, Father James Coyle was assassinated and the murderer was shielded by the KKK.

Remember the violent assault on the Capital received wide spread support from Christian Conservatives in the Republican Party. See: https://www.newsweek.com/45-percent-...apitol-1559662
                              The Capitol riot had nothing to with Christianity. I have outlined what will happen if you continue acting in bad faith.

The spike are all around Islamic violence. Anti-sharia legislation is the part of not having religion as a basis of government. If you want to include that, anti-Christian activities would increase as well.

Oh, look at that, 0 deaths, how about that. Thank you for proving Muslims are more of threat.
                              Last edited by Diogenes; 03-02-2021, 11:44 AM. Reason: quote problem
                              P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment