Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Islamic Violence vs Right-Wing Extremism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Your reference supported this.
    What reference????? Are you delusional now?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
      If you had looked at the report you might have noticed it was released in June 2020, based on "a data set of 893 incidents that occurred in the United States between January 1994 and May 8, 2020". It could not possibly have included the incidents you refer to.
      How convenient. They also seemed to ignore the violence of the left for the last 4 years too, starting with the riots in 2016 when Trump was elected, all of the campus violence by the cancel culture trying to stop conservative speakers, the BLM protests in Dallas and elsewhere. The police being shot at. and so on. But it's hard to tell since they don't actually list the events they are counting.
      Last edited by Sparko; 03-03-2021, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I'm shocked! (not even in the least - but, yes - there's a whole thread on that)
        Must resist.

Not. Not... going...

Not gonna do it. Must. Resist. Must. Resist. Must. Resist. Must... Resist...

Aw, poop.

​​​​​​​

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

I do hope you posted the same request to Cow Poke who introduced the topic [see post # 38]. I have no particular interest in discussing the man's death.
          In Cow Poke's defence, Sparko "started" it with a mere mentioned it here:

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

In people like HA's mind, correcting the lies that the left made up about the Capitol riot, is "defending right-wing volence"
          He though was responding to my response to you

You furthered that with here:

What "lies" did "the left" make up about the events of 6 January?
          Cow Poke then responded to you.

I never actually alleged anybody was defending violence RW or otherwise. I pointed out that for some the violence of the Left will always be deemed more heinous than violence of the Right.
          What's being pointed out with the Left in the US is the Left's normalisation of violence as political speech. Right wing violence is a minority of the right, whereas the BLM riots were mainstream for the US left.

It's nice though that neither you, Roy, or Shuny (I'm not tagging as I don't want to be harassing) have addressed the original claim cited here and here that Muslims are more of a threat than Christians. Also, the Islamic violence cited has yet been addressed. The diversion is being made to focus on US violence. Europe, right now, is the battleground between Islam vs the West. While 9/11 would be a tempting citation, I believe that was primarily political in its motivation rather than primarily religious in motivation, so I refrain from citing it. I have no problem conceding that right-wing extremism is an ever-present threat in the US, but, as Europe is showing the world, Islam is a greater threat. I also have no problem in standing behind my statement that Muslims are more of a threat than Christians when religion is taken as the primary motivation.

Roy has yet to detail the specific instances along with deaths and injury statistics from his CSIS citation.
          P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

In people like HA's mind, correcting the lies that the left made up about the Capitol riot, is "defending right-wing volence"
            "We choose truth over facts!"
            -Joe Biden
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Your fixation on certain events is noted.
              It was just some people who did something, right?
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

It was just some people who did something, right?
                And all of the supposed Somepeopleophobia that resulted.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                  Please explain (1) how they could have included events that occurred after the report was written, and (2) why your comment isn't even more of a joke (and obviously partisan driven).
                  Who does an analysis of a whole year only half way through the actual year? They're being deceptive since they didn't indicate that anywhere on the graph itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
                    The diversion is being made to focus on US violence. Europe, right now, is the battleground between Islam vs the West.
                    That is a rather histrionic statement. How long have you lived in Europe and where?

"It ain't necessarily so
                    The things that you're liable
                    To read in the Bible
                    It ain't necessarily so
                    ."

Sportin' Life
                    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      "Certain events" that took place for several months on end and largely make what happened on January 6th of this year look like amateur hour.
                      That is your opinion. I do not recall groups of the left appearing armed in a state capitol, nor planning the kidnapping of a Republican governor, nor indeed rioting in the Capitol and calling for the VP to be hanged.

The violence during BLM protests existed no one denies that.

However, the level of violence and its occurrence is perceived by reading/watching news outlets.

The fact is that neither you nor anyone else on this board was present at every single BLM protest across the USA conducting a dispassionate survey of each incident of violence as it occurred at each event..

The fact also remains that an individual's choice of media will affect the individual's perceptions.
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      The things that you're liable
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life
                      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

That is a rather histrionic statement. How long have you lived in Europe and where?
                        Europe is the area having an influx of migrants, Islam, and Islamic violence (as originally cited). I'm waiting for a right-wing death/injury toll comparable to Islam's.

I don't need to live in Europe to understand this:

The AfD has made claims about a link between the influx of migrants and a rise in crime.

Since 2014, the proportion of non-German suspects in the crime statistics has increased from 24% to just over 30% (when we take out crimes related to immigration and asylum irregularities).

Breaking that down even further, in 2017 those classified as "asylum applicants or civil war refugees or illegal immigrants" represented a total of 8.5% of all suspects.

This is despite their population representing just 2% of Germany as a whole.

Source: BBC
                        Or to understand the infamous 2015-15 New Year's Eve sexual assault wave in Germany

Or to understand:

Of the 12 trends identified in the latest TE-SAT, most related to jihadist terrorism. While there was a large number of terrorist attacks not connected with jihadism, the latter accounts for the most serious forms of terrorist activity as nearly all reported fatalities [68 in 2017] and most of the casualties [844 in 20117] were the result of jihadist terrorist attacks.

Source: Euoropol
                        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Just going by 2020 I can tell that chart is completely wrong.
                          If you had looked at the report you might have noticed it was released in June 2020, based on "a data set of 893 incidents that occurred in the United States between January 1994 and May 8, 2020". It could not possibly have included the incidents you refer to.
                          How convenient. They also seemed to ignore the violence of the left for the last 4 years too, starting with the riots in 2016 when Trump was elected, all of the campus violence by the cancel culture trying to stop conservative speakers, the BLM protests in Dallas and elsewhere. The police being shot at. and so on. But it's hard to tell since they don't actually list the events they are counting.
                          So you're not going to admit that you screwed up, you're just going to find a different 'reason' to justify ignoring the data presented.
                          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

That is your opinion. I do not recall groups of the left appearing armed in a state capitol
                            And already at this early point you fail. Not just armed but shooting and killing people.

When the antifa/BLM thugs seized six city blocks in the capitol of Washington (Seattle) they patrolled their "turf" armed with AR-15s. A few wags noted how this was the only time that those on the left seemed fine with people walking around with loaded AR-15s. And they were loaded. Four different people were shot at various times, with two fatally, when they had the temerity to approach their self-declared autonomous zone.

4e2b6a17-745a-4aab-8f41-991ca7671f15.jpg
                            This is the self-declared "warlord" Raz Simone of Seattle's CHAZ/CHOP who
                            posted a video of himself handing out AR-15s, including to minors, on
                            his Facebook page in order to "protect" their territory

Similarly in Atlanta (the capitol of Georgia), after another autonomous zone was created near the Wendy's where Rayshard Brooks was shot by police after he took a taser from one, ran off and then turned around pointing it at them, those patrolling the area shot someone. In this case a woman tried to turn around in a parking lot when she discovered that the road had been blocked at which point three different occupiers opened fire on the SUV killing the woman's 8 year old daughter.

These autonomous zones were declared to be sovereign entities, no longer apart of the United States, and were patrolled by people armed with rifles. That is the very definition of an armed insurrection. Nothing even remotely close to that happened in D.C. on January 6th.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Who does an analysis of a whole year only half way through the actual year? They're being deceptive since they didn't indicate that anywhere on the graph itself.
                              They indicated in in the text, and anyway it's obvious from the date of the report. You messed up, and don't have the guts to admit it.
                              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                And already at this early point you fail. Not just armed but shooting and killing people.

When the antifa/BLM thugs seized six city blocks in the capitol of Washington (Seattle) they patrolled their "turf" armed with AR-15s. A few wags noted how this was the only time that those on the left seemed fine with people walking around with loaded AR-15s. And they were loaded. Four different people were shot at various times, with two fatally, when they had the temerity to approach their self-declared autonomous zone.

4e2b6a17-745a-4aab-8f41-991ca7671f15.jpg
                                This is the self-declared "warlord" Raz Simone of Seattle's CHAZ/CHOP who
                                posted a video of himself handing out AR-15s, including to minors, on
                                his Facebook page in order to "protect" their territory

Similarly in Atlanta (the capitol of Georgia), after another autonomous zone was created near the Wendy's where Rayshard Brooks was shot by police after he took a taser from one, ran off and then turned around pointing it at them, those patrolling the area shot someone. In this case a woman tried to turn around in a parking lot when she discovered that the road had been blocked at which point three different occupiers opened fire on the SUV killing the woman's 8 year old daughter.

These autonomous zones were declared to be sovereign entities, no longer apart of the United States, and were patrolled by people armed with rifles. That is the very definition of an armed insurrection. Nothing even remotely close to that happened in D.C. on January 6th.

And there were attacks on the Federal building in Portland. They even set fire to it. And were attacking federal agents there and at the immigration center

Comment