Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Have any of you gotten a vaccine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
    Oh, look, I'm being called ignorant by someone who thinks citing data is speculative and citing unknowns isn't.
    That makes no sense. There is no long term data to cite. That would be an impossible and magical feat, even for science.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Good for you! Please share any adverse reactions and how long they continue.
      Wicked headache, lasting until now - sore arm and some chills last night. Not bad though. I hear the second shot is worse. Better than dying from COVID which I almost did in November...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

That would be why they had to be given emergency use authorization.
        Exactly. So why is it being widely distributed for countless non-emergency cases? I got an email from my local school district saying that students as young as 12 could receive the China flu vaccine!
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Exactly. So why is it being widely distributed for countless non-emergency cases? I got an email from my local school district saying that students as young as 12 could receive the [covid 19] vaccine!
          The emergency is the pandemic itself, which is only stopped through by reducing the spread ratio (the R value) to less that 1. Prior to the availability of the vaccines, the only mechanism we had for that - short of letting millions of people die first - was to mask and reduce social contact. With the vaccines we can induce the required immunity artificially at less that 1 death for every 10,000 the virus would have killed - literally less than 1 in a million. Likely the numbers are better than that (better for pfizer/moderna assuming AZ potential clotting problem does not account for all the clotting events), which is why certain testing and requirements had to be met before the emergency use authorization would even be issued.

The facts are the virus is mutating its way around the vaccines. In some cases it is more contagious and more virulent. In the b.1.1.7 case, it appears to be more capable of infecting the (unvaccinated) young. Considering that the virus reaches over 10% mortality in older individuals, we can't afford to sit around on our hands and let it find a way to do that to all age groups. Young children, if left unvaccinated, will provide the necessary hosts for it do to that. And the vaccine is - even with children - still less likely to do harm than the virus itself.

We have the vaccine, It is safe and effective - even at it's worst. And if we don't get ahead of the virus, it will find a way to survive even with the vaccine. That is what life does if it possibly can.
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 04-08-2021, 09:24 AM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post

Wicked headache, lasting until now - sore arm and some chills last night. Not bad though. I hear the second shot is worse. Better than dying from COVID which I almost did in November...
            Perhaps you can take some hope in the fact that my first dose was actually worse in terms of direct symptoms than my second. My arm was barely sore the second dose. And even though I had a brief bought with feeling feverish on the first dose, I had only the fatigue as the impact of my second dose - although it lasted a good bit longer than with the first dose.

And from what I hear that is not all that unusual if you've had the virus before (though if I had it before, I did not know I did)

I can tell you though, being able to go see my dad and mom and my grandkids and not worrying about spreading it or catching it in any serious form is well worth it.
            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

That makes no sense. There is no long term data to cite. That would be an impossible and magical feat, even for science.
              MM was responding to current data on COVID-19 fatalities.
              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

The emergency is the [China flu] pandemic itself...
                A virus with a better than 99% survival rate does not constitute a widespread emergency, certainly not one that would necessitate vaccinating people who are the least at risk.

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                I can tell you though, being able to go see my dad and mom and my grandkids and not worrying about spreading [the China flu] or catching [the China flu] in any serious form is well worth it.
                You could have done that without the China flu vaccine. My kids and I visited my family for Thanksgiving, and we had a great time. My 75-year old mom even joked about giving me a "non-social distancing hug".

You need to stop living in fear, ox, it's not healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignorant Roy View Post
                  No, I was referring to the fact that we have no data about the long-term side effects associated with the China flu vaccines simply because they haven't been around long enough to undergo any long-term study and testing.

Comment

A virus with a better than 99% survival rate does not constitute a widespread emergency, certainly not one that would necessitate vaccinating people who are the least at risk.
                    Actually - it does. 1% of the US population is 3,300,000 people dead. And that 99% survivability (not 'better than') is only achieved with state of the art medical care. It is a lot worse where such care is not available. And left on it's own with exponential growth, our hospitals would have complelely failed by last June and we would have seen 3% or more mortality like is seen in countries lacking sufficient medical care.

You could have done that without the [covid 19] vaccine. My kids and I visited my family for Thanksgiving, and we had a great time. My 75-year old mom even joked about giving me a "non-social distancing hug".

You need to stop living in fear, ox, it's not healthy.
                    You got 'lucky' MM. But your actions were those of a fool. And if everyone did what you did then over the course of the pandemic, we would have millions if not multiple millions dead right now instead of 600,000 or so.

And I don't live by fear MM, I live by knowledge and wisdom.

Comment

No, I was referring to the fact that we have no data about the long-term side effects associated with the China flu vaccines simply because they haven't been around long enough to undergo any long-term study and testing.
                      Oh, look, I'm being called ignorant by someone who doesn't know what he posted two days ago.
                      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Actually - it does. 1% of the US population is 3,300,000 people dead.
                        Jim, why are you bothering? You're trying to reason with some-one who doesn't think half a million dead constitutes a widespread emergency.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignorant Roy View Post
                          Oh, look, I'm being called ignorant by someone who doesn't know what he posted two days ago.
                          My post that you dismissed as "speculative fearmongering" was related to the fact that we do not yet know what long-term side effects could be associated with the China flu vaccine. It had nothing to do with the post you linked to here.

And you wonder why I call you "Ignorant Roy".

Comment

Actually - it does. 1% of the US population is 3,300,000 people dead.
                            Better than a 99% survival rate, and it's not linear. In other words, 1% of the US population is not guaranteed to die from the China flu. People who are older with pre-existing conditions and more susceptible to diseases in general (like the elderly that Democrat governors were packing into nursing homes) are at a considerably greater risk than the young and the healthy.

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                            You got 'lucky' MM.
                            It wasn't "luck", ox. Common sense should tell you that someone who is not sick or symptomatic is at zero risk of infecting someone else. This is exactly what I'm talking about when I point out that you are living in fear. People who are in good health and showing no symptoms don't need to take all the extreme precautions being advocated by fearmongers like you. Certainly we should not be injecting the general population -- including children as young as 12! -- with an experimental vaccine that has only been approved for emergency use. That's insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              Jim, why are you bothering? You're trying to reason with some-one who doesn't think half a million dead constitutes a widespread emergency.
                              You make a good point. I don't have a good answer.

Comment

You make a good point. I don't have a good answer.
                                It is good to counter misinformation and wilful ignorance where ever one finds it.

Comment