Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Have any of you gotten a vaccine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Very few states are vaccinating people under 65.
    It's not a problem here.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
      One of my cousins and his wife live in a county that set the age at 75 (!). He got his...she was scheduled and then dropped for unknown reasons. She went someplace else to get it.

So far however the most common complaint I hear is getting on the website to schedule and then often winding up with an appt like two weeks off.
      I would be thrilled if I had an appointment in two weeks.

Comment

It seems to be getting better to get an appointment here. My wife got her first shot last week and since I have a comorbidity, I'm on a waiting list.

Interesting side note: FEMA set-up a mass vaccination site in our inner city with the initial slots reserved for people in those zip codes. Despite all the efforts to get them to sign up, they still have 10,000 or so open slots. Tomorrow at 8am, it opens up to anyone. I have a feelings its a combination of vaccine reluctance and too much dependency on the Internet.
        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Very few states are vaccinating people under 65.
          We have moved to "only 65 and above" to "65 and above PLUS those with high risk factors"
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

I heard that earlier this week Georgia opened several massive vaccination sites, but few people showed up. I have to think it is because of poor advertising as opposed to vaccine "hesitancy".

I am in a Blue State with a Republican Governor, and the "system" here is not working.

A friend happily told me last week that he had an appointment for a shot, so he showed up at the time and place with email in hand, but they told him the email was bogus. They also told him they had arranged for the public to be notified of this scam through Fox News!!
            Fox News isn't the national broadcast, it's the local Fox affiliate.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I caught it early on, and it was like death. Not kidding. It was awful for me for well over a month of not being able to breathe properly.

My dad is on the schedule as are my in-laws. My oldest sister, the nurse, already had hers, as did my youngest sister, the home daycare owner. Neither had any adverse reactions. I think I will pass.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                I caught it early on, and it was like death. Not kidding. It was awful for me for well over a month of not being able to breathe properly.

My dad is on the schedule as are my in-laws. My oldest sister, the nurse, already had hers, as did my youngest sister, the home daycare owner. Neither had any adverse reactions. I think I will pass.
                I don't remember if we knew you had it, Bill!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

In fairness, the vaccine rollout in the UK is about the only thing our murderously incompetent government seem to have gotten right during the course of the whole pandemic. All my relatives who were in the age bracket for the first dose of the vaccine have had their jabs and I've heard no reports of any major issues with people being contacted to come in, etc.

Covid vaccine: How many people in the UK have been vaccinated so far?

Unfortunately I'm not due for a jab any time soon as I'm (relatively) young and healthy, but it is good that they've managed to get something right.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    We have moved to "only 65 and above" to "65 and above PLUS those with high risk factors"
                    Yeah, upon further review, 21 states (plus D.C.) are vaccinating high risk individuals under 65, and 7 more states are doing that in at least some counties.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ine-doses.html

Comment

Here in South Africa the news showed the president receiving the J&J Janssen Covid-19 one shot vaccination. We have not heard from him since ha ha. About the vaccination that is. I am keen to hear feedback about this one as our country ordered the Astrazeneca one but never rolled it out due to it being ineffective against the SA strain apparently. I am thankfully healthy and have not been sick at all and I go to the supermarket and pharmacies etc and live a normal life with a facemask. I will not be in line for any vaccination yet.

Comment

btw I have learned that, "gotten" is a big English no no. It is always, "got". In every tense.

Comment

A couple of days just got a text from my state health board that I was eligible and gave me a link to register.

I registered, then they sent me to a place to pick the location I wanted to go to, and the date. They also listed which vaccines were located at each location. I picked next Saturday, 11 AM, Pfizer, and they registered me and sent me the forms to fill out so I won't have to do it when I arrive.

I thought they were very efficient. Took about 15 minutes (there was a wait time for my turn at the appointment system, only took about 5 minutes to actually register)

I will report back after I get the shot on how well or poorly the actual clinic is run.

Comment

Canada ranks 40th in the world as to number of vaccinations given. Disgraceful.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Esther View Post
                              btw I have learned that, "gotten" is a big English no no. It is always, "got". In every tense.
                              Except in the US and Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                                Plenty of vaccine in my region. My doctor and work both keep trying to schedule me for it, but I'm passing on it. I had covid last year, nothing more than a mild flu.
                                Declining the vaccine because you don't think the virus is dangerous to you shows total callousness and disregard for anyone who you might pass the virus onto (including some whom may be unable to be vaccinated) for whom it might not be "nothing more than a mild flu", but fatal or permanently disabling.

Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment