Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Have any of you gotten a vaccine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have any of you gotten a vaccine?

I am old enough to qualify but have not been able to get an appointment. I have registered at the state and county websites and... nothing, except a few times I got an acknowledgement that I registered.

I gather that some day I will get notifications that certain sites have vaccines, but I would have to log on quickly to get an appointment before they are all gone.

I think this is a poorly run system in my area, but at least I can stay safe by staying at home and working remotely.

What about the rest of you? Is it easier to get vaccines in your area?

Our area of Texas is running a Sub-Hub - about 4,000 vaccines a day, and people coming from all over Texas and beyond.

I didn't get a vaccine because I had Covid about 3 weeks ago with ZERO symptoms, except for a mild fever for a few hours. That's the only reason I even went and got tested.
    Did the quarantine thing, though, just erring on the side of caution.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Our area of Texas is running a Sub-Hub - about 4,000 vaccines a day, and people coming from all over Texas and beyond.

I didn't get a vaccine because I had Covid about 3 weeks ago with ZERO symptoms, except for a mild fever for a few hours. That's the only reason I even went and got tested.
      Did the quarantine thing, though, just erring on the side of caution.
      I know someone seriously ill who supposedly recovered from a mild bout of Covid but then developed immunological and neurological complications. She will be incapacitated for at least a month.
      You were lucky. Best to take precautions.

I think they are telling people who had covid to get one shot of the two shot regimen to boost their immunity.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

I know someone seriously ill who supposedly recovered from a mild bout of Covid but then developed immunological and neurological complications. She will be incapacitated for at least a month.
        You were lucky. Best to take precautions.

I think they are telling people who had covid to get one shot of the two shot regimen to boost their immunity.
        Some doctors -- IIRC, Paul Alexander is one -- advise against this. He's concerned vaxing a person with existing "natural" immunity could cause a hyper-immune response. And I'm pretty sure Marty Makary advises against it, more on the basis that people who have naturally-developed immunity should not be hogging a limited resource.
        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Plenty of vaccine in my region. My doctor and work both keep trying to schedule me for it, but I'm passing on it. I had covid last year, nothing more than a mild flu.

Comment

Less than 4% of Canadians of any age have been vaccinated due to the mismanagement of procurement. Now they've opened it up to over 75's, but it's nearly impossible to get an appointment because the site keeps crashing and the phone number keeps disconnecting.

My sister turns 80 this year and she's trying to get her appointment. She has no one to drive her if the site is located outside of her small town and she has to go to a larger centre. She can't get through AT all on the website because she moved in December to a brand new neighbourhood, and the website doesn't recognize her postal code. So she has to phone. And can't get through.

Now they've told us that the Astrozeneca vaccine is not recommended for those over age 65 because of lack of information about it. That means that there will be longer wait times for those who they tell us need the vaccine. They're also now telling us that they are going to wait for up to 42 days for the second dose because of the shortage.

So, it's basically a big mess.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

It seems like the bluer the state, or more liberal the country, the more messed up the vaccine distribution is.

My brother in Los Angeles County, California is 64 and tells me he can't get vaccinated "for love or money." I've told him he should move out here to conservative flyover country where things run smoothly. The liberals haven't infiltrated yet to mess everything up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                It seems like the bluer the state, or more liberal the country, the more messed up the vaccine distribution is.

My brother in Los Angeles County, California is 64 and tells me he can't get vaccinated "for love or money." I've told him he should move out here to conservative flyover country where things run smoothly. The liberals haven't infiltrated yet to mess everything up.
                I live in a "conservative" province. But covid has changed things drastically here.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I heard that earlier this week Georgia opened several massive vaccination sites, but few people showed up. I have to think it is because of poor advertising as opposed to vaccine "hesitancy".

I am in a Blue State with a Republican Governor, and the "system" here is not working.

A friend happily told me last week that he had an appointment for a shot, so he showed up at the time and place with email in hand, but they told him the email was bogus. They also told him they had arranged for the public to be notified of this scam through Fox News!!

Comment

Those people that DO manage to get appointments here are having to stand outside, with no social distancing, for hours after their appointment time comes and goes. These are people over 75 right now that are trying to get vaccines.

And it's still cold here. Can you imagine?

It's a fiasco.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                      Those people that DO manage to get appointments here are having to stand outside, with no social distancing, for hours after their appointment time comes and goes. These are people over 75 right now that are trying to get vaccines.

And it's still cold here. Can you imagine?

It's a fiasco.
                      A friend of mine over 75 had to do the same thing. 2 hours in a high school parking lot. But at least she got vaccinated.

If I get an appointment, I will bring my camp chair, just in case.

Another friend who is 82 showed up with her walker and they moved her to the front of the line.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

A friend of mine over 75 had to do the same thing. 2 hours in a high school parking lot. But at least she got vaccinated.

If I get an appointment, I will bring my camp chair, just in case.

Another friend who is 82 showed up with her walker and they moved her to the front of the line.
                        I just don't understand why it's so disorganized. They knew they were working on a vaccine a long time ago and governments had lots of time to get these things set up.

It's good they moved your older friend to the front. I hope it didn't cause too much frustration for those who were also waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I just don't understand why it's so disorganized. They knew they were working on a vaccine a long time ago and governments had lots of time to get these things set up.

It's good they moved your older friend to the front. I hope it didn't cause too much frustration for those who were also waiting.
                          Our area is a very conservative area, and it's our faith-based help center that's overseeing the sub-hub for Austin --- so successful that people are coming from all over the State, and beyond.
                          4-5,000 vaccinations per day on the days they're open.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

One of my cousins and his wife live in a county that set the age at 75 (!). He got his...she was scheduled and then dropped for unknown reasons. She went someplace else to get it.

So far however the most common complaint I hear is getting on the website to schedule and then often winding up with an appt like two weeks off.
                            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Very few states are vaccinating people under 65.

Comment