Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Have any of you gotten a vaccine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
    I'm a net Nanny trying to control threads that aren't mine.
    FIFY n/c

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

FIFY n/c
      Sounds and smells like your flatulence, which is the best you can do other than unethically altering some one's post.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Sounds and smells like your flatulence, which is the best you can do other than unethically altering some one's post.
        Why do you have your face in by brudder's butt?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Why do you have your face in by brudder's butt?
          Why are you ignoring the paint peeling from the walls?

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

You only have to reject science to hold to your view. I keep providing the links to the studies. It is the studies where the debate should be.

You have to reject the VAERS system and science to uphold your opinion. Why are you so dedicated to shots that are new technology and are in the experimental stages. We have women suffering miscarriages from the shots. We have people dying with weird blood clots but to you this is nothing. You are showing ignorant bias by calling people anti-vaxxers. Your labels allow you to reject stuff without research. I do realize you have done some research, but it all seems to work within your confirmation bias.
            No, I only have to reject pseudo-science and a known quack. You are the one ignoring science and looking for evidence that agrees with you, which you accept with question, while rejecting any data that disagrees with your as a "conspiracy"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Kafkatrapping: a form of argument where a denial is accepted as proof of guilt.
              I never said denying it proved you were doing it (confirmation bias) just that people who are engaged in confirmation bias will deny they are doing it. Why would they continue to do it if they realized they were doing it? Just simple logic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I never said denying it proved you were doing it (confirmation bias) just that people who are engaged in confirmation bias will deny they are doing it. Why would they continue to do it if they realized they were doing it? Just simple logic.
                Which just means that if you accuse someone of engaging in confirmation bias, there is literally nothing they can do or say that will convince you otherwise.
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Which just means that if you accuse someone of engaging in confirmation bias, there is literally nothing they can do or say that will convince you otherwise.
                  Again, wrong.

My comment was merely an observation, it had nothing to do with my thinking that he uses confirmation bias. I can see that just by what he posts as "evidence" and what he ignores as "evidence"
                  COVID isn't the first medical subject Mike has been a conspiracy nut on. Over and over I see him tossing out "scientific" studies by known pseudo-scientists and just handwaving away anything from mainstream science.

Comment

Again, wrong.

My comment was merely an observation, it had nothing to do with my thinking that he uses confirmation bias. I can see that just by what he posts as "evidence" and what he ignores as "evidence"
                    COVID isn't the first medical subject Mike has been a conspiracy nut on. Over and over I see him tossing out "scientific" studies by known pseudo-scientists and just handwaving away anything from mainstream science.
                    That's just your confirmation bias talking.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

That's just your confirmation bias talking.
                      I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Why are you ignoring the paint peeling from the walls?
                        We never had painted walls when we were kids!

Wait.... is that WHY?
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• So, my Covid was in January, and I figured I had about 90 days before I made a decision on the vaccine.
                          My Doctor suggested waiting a few more weeks, as she was looking into this very actively.

Comment

No, I only have to reject pseudo-science and a known quack. You are the one ignoring science and looking for evidence that agrees with you, which you accept with question, while rejecting any data that disagrees with your as a "conspiracy"
                            Maybe you can start by telling me what well-developed science I reject. That will help clarify what you are talking about. Which studies am I rejecting, in your estimation?

I could possibly be too quick on posting some things. However, no one has contested the Ivermetin studies that were done concerning covid-19 recoveries.
                            Last edited by mikewhitney; 04-20-2021, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

Maybe you can start by telling me what well-developed science I reject. That will help clarify what you are talking about. Which studies am I rejecting, in your estimation?

I could possibly be too quick on posting some things. However, no one has contested the Ivermetin studies that were done concerning covid-19 recoveries.
                              I should add that if someone brings up scientific studies (and what you or others find convincing about them), I would appreciate that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                                So, my Covid was in January, and I figured I had about 90 days before I made a decision on the vaccine.
                                My Doctor suggested waiting a few more weeks, as she was looking into this very actively.
                                Whew. It is good to hear your doctor is at least doing some research. The blood clotting seems to be a bigger concern for those who had covid-19 before getting the covid shots.

Comment