Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Have any of you gotten a vaccine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Reminds me of the classic Star Trek episode "The Cloud Minders", where a society was split between people doing all the hard work on the ground, and the "enlightened" people in the floating cities reaping all the benefits of that labor and living in leisure. Which worked out pretty well until the people on the ground said, "You know what? This kinda sucks. Let's revolt!"
    See also the movie Elysium. But if you ground dwellers try to invade our sky cities we will just release the COVID-30000!!!! Bwahahahahahahahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post

As I said: 'or a negative Covid test'

There's no valid reason not to take the jab (aside from the usual valid medical ones for people who can't take jabs for X reason), so if you don't want to take the jab then fine, you just need a recent all clear test.
      Meh - I had Covid, and they say I can test positive for up to 3 months.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
        Declining the vaccine because you don't think the virus is dangerous to you shows total callousness and disregard for anyone who you might pass the virus onto (including some whom may be unable to be vaccinated) for whom it might not be "nothing more than a mild flu", but fatal or permanently disabling.
        I am declining it because ...

1) The bug doesn't have a very bad effect on me - PLUS -
        2) I am not convinced the various vaccines have been studied long enough for long-term health effects,
        3) The vaccine causes a person to produce antibodies, which will happen anyway if I get covid again (assuming I don't still have antibodies from the first time), so it would be a waste,
        4) Not taking the vaccine myself will free up a dose for someone else who may need it more; elderly or otherwise at-risk,

So, IMO, taking the vaccine when you neither want or need it is being selfish and callous. Is that what you're doing?

Comment

As of the face diaper virtue signaling wasn't bad enough, now we have people trying to shame is into getting vaccines.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

You are not offering anything to explain why the Pfizer and others say that this is not tested against the spread of the virus. Or are you just talking about the spread of the virus within a person's body?
            I guess you are aware that the covid shots, being based on a new RNA technology, are not acting like technology used in older vaccines. In this experimental technology, the RNA is not the active virus nor an inactivated virus. The new technology is designed to inform the body how to build antibodies instead of triggering an immune response against something recognized as a foreign body. You are likely aware that the new technology may affect the Syncytin-1 in the placenta in pregnant women -- creating the concern that there would be miscarriages and infertility, the former which has been observed already.
            This is completely wrong on two counts.

1 - the RNA technology used here creates an mRNA, a messenger RNA, that serves as an instruction to the protein-making machinery of our cells. Those cells will then follow those instructions to make a coronavirus protein. It is that protein that is recognized by the body's immune system as foreign, resulting in the production of antibodies. The only difference relative to the old technology is that those very old vaccines introduced the protein itself instead of the instructions to make the protein. Except for the initiation point, the process is otherwise the same.

2 - Syncytin-1 is a protein produced in humans that helps create the placenta. It turns out that the gene for this protein was derived from an ancient virus that infected humans a long time ago and inserted itself into our DNA. The envelope gene of this virus remained intact in the human genome while the rest of the virus degenerated. This env gene was then domesticated to serve in the creation of the placenta. The viral progenitor of Syn-1 is a retrovirus, not a coronavirus, and although the retroviral env and the coronavirus spike protein both serve to bind to cells to enable virus entry, these proteins are unrelated and interact with different cell surface receptors (ASCT2 vs ACE2). There is no way that the coronavirus spike protein could interfere with Syn-1 in placentation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I am declining it because ...

1) The bug doesn't have a very bad effect on me - PLUS -
              2) I am not convinced the various vaccines have been studied long enough for long-term health effects,
              3) The vaccine causes a person to produce antibodies, which will happen anyway if I get covid again (assuming I don't still have antibodies from the first time), so it would be a waste,
              4) Not taking the vaccine myself will free up a dose for someone else who may need it more; elderly or otherwise at-risk,

So, IMO, taking the vaccine when you neither want or need it is being selfish and callous. Is that what you're doing?
              There's talk the COVID shot may become an annual thing like the flu shot. I agree with point 2. I'm sceptical of the rushed development and rushed approval. Also, a change in diagnostic criteria is going to change the number of daily cases, so I'm not convinced the drop in the reported cases is, necessarily, a drop in actual cases.
              P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

There's talk the COVID shot may become an annual thing like the flu shot. I agree with point 2. I'm sceptical of the rushed development and rushed approval. Also, a change in diagnostic criteria is going to change the number of daily cases, so I'm not convinced the drop in the reported cases is, necessarily, a drop in actual cases.
                The platform for this vaccine was in development for years if not decades.
                The money provided by the Warp Speed project allowed the companies to not have to wait to get results from Phase 1 testing before setting up Phase 2, and wait for Phase 2 results before setting up Phase 3. This saved a lot of time in the testing process.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

The money provided by the Warp Speed project allowed the companies to not have to wait to get results from Phase 1 testing before setting up Phase 2, and wait for Phase 2 results before setting up Phase 3. This saved a lot of time in the testing process.
                  Biden is responsible for Warp Speed -- you can tell by his press conferences (in which he takes no questions)
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Pfizer vaccine clinical study Estimated Primary Completion Date is 3 Aug 2021. It's Estimated Study Completion Date isn't slated until 31 Jan 2023.

For the Moderna study, the EPCD and ESCD are both 27 Oct 2022.

They both seem to still be under study, so the EUA isn't just about setting up phases. It's to allow use while it's being studied. Effectively, it makes everyone more guinea pigs.

P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

This is completely wrong on two counts.

1 - the RNA technology used here creates an mRNA, a messenger RNA, that serves as an instruction to the protein-making machinery of our cells. Those cells will then follow those instructions to make a coronavirus protein. It is that protein that is recognized by the body's immune system as foreign, resulting in the production of antibodies. The only difference relative to the old technology is that those very old vaccines introduced the protein itself instead of the instructions to make the protein. Except for the initiation point, the process is otherwise the same.

2 - Syncytin-1 is a protein produced in humans that helps create the placenta. It turns out that the gene for this protein was derived from an ancient virus that infected humans a long time ago and inserted itself into our DNA. The envelope gene of this virus remained intact in the human genome while the rest of the virus degenerated. This env gene was then domesticated to serve in the creation of the placenta. The viral progenitor of Syn-1 is a retrovirus, not a coronavirus, and although the retroviral env and the coronavirus spike protein both serve to bind to cells to enable virus entry, these proteins are unrelated and interact with different cell surface receptors (ASCT2 vs ACE2). There is no way that the coronavirus spike protein could interfere with Syn-1 in placentation.
                      The problem with number 1 is that the novel coronavirus has not been specifically identified and proven as a cause of sickness seen in covid-19 patients. The PCR test was developed with a theoretical model rather than with a sample of a virus proven to make people sick. The Pfizer study only had a vague definition of those who got mild symptoms of covid-19 under protection of the covid shots and the people in the control group.

The problem with number 2 is that this has not been proven to be immune to the covid shots.
                      we have this reported
                      Source: https://www.spectatornews.com/opinion/2021/02/controversies-surrounding-the-covid-19-vaccine/

However, the same WebMD article states the syncytin-1 protein, while similar in both the vaccine and the make-up of the human placenta, is not an identical match. The proteins found in each are different enough that the vaccine should not cause the body to attack the placenta.

An updated study on the Pfizer vaccine indicated animal studies “do not indicate direct or indirect harmful effects to reproductive toxicity.”

© Copyright Original Source

Some women have had miscarriages shortly after the shot. While we cannot prove individual cases are directly due to the shot, it is not worth risking one's pregnancy for the hope that it is safe. Plus, women who are of child-bearing age generally have a low risk for covid-19 anyhow.

Here is info from the so-called study. This is not really the study itself but is just a point that Pfizer says is from a study
                      Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/regulatory-approval-of-pfizer-biontech-vaccine-for-covid-19/information-for-healthcare-professionals-on-pfizerbiontech-covid-19-vaccine#ADR

Reproductive and developmental toxicity were investigated in rats in a combined fertility and developmental toxicity study where female rats were intramuscularly administered with the COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 prior to mating and during gestation (receiving 4 full human doses that generate relatively higher levels in rat due to body weight differences, spanning between pre-mating day 21 and gestational day 20). SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibody responses were present in maternal animals from prior to mating to the end of the study on postnatal day 21 as well as in foetuses and offspring. There were no vaccine-related effects on female fertility, pregnancy, or embryo-foetal or offspring development. No data on the COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 are available on vaccine placental transfer or excretion in milk.

© Copyright Original Source

If someone has the actual study by Pfizer, that would be helpful.

For now , the mass human trials are now going on.

This is the nice slogan that accompanies all sales pitches for the vaccines
                      While some hesitancy to get the COVID-19 vaccine is normal under the circumstances, studies show, as of now, the vaccine is completely safe despite the controversies surrounding its creation.
                      We presently are seeing about 500 deaths per month following the experimental covid shots. We are seeing 10s of thousands of adverse reactions. These can be reviewed on the govt VAERS system.

A website also gives sorted data from VAERS -- https://vaxpain.us. We can see 35 reports of miscarriages. There are 15557 records showing up there right now. And I doubt that all the deaths and adverse outcomes at care facilities have been reported to VAERS. However, as long as we remember the slogan, that should make us plenty happy.

Comment

As of the face diaper virtue signaling wasn't bad enough, now we have people trying to shame is into getting vaccines.
                        We also have people posting from their phones without proofreading.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Fox News isn't the national broadcast, it's the local Fox affiliate.
                          My point was that I could not imagine seeking or trusting information from Fox at any level.

Comment

I bet it saves a lot of time when you don't have to wait for the results from previous tests before pushing ahead to the next phase of development. Of course there's a reason that a substance that is intended to be injected into the human body is usually subjected to years and even decades of testing. Shortcutting that process doesn't give me much confidence in the results.

Comment

We also have people posting from their phones without proofreading.
                              Thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering what "face diaper" signified.

Oh, I get it now. Never mond.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering what "face diaper" signified.

Oh, I get it now. Never mond.
                                I was referring to my typos "of" instead of "if", and "is" instead of "us".

"Face diaper" wasn't a typo. It's a popular nickname for the worthless masks we're all being told to wear.

Comment