Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Have any of you gotten a vaccine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    I caught it early on, and it was like death. Not kidding. It was awful for me for well over a month of not being able to breathe properly.

My dad is on the schedule as are my in-laws. My oldest sister, the nurse, already had hers, as did my youngest sister, the home daycare owner. Neither had any adverse reactions. I think I will pass.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
      You gotten that right!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
        Declining the vaccine because you don't think the virus is dangerous to you shows total callousness and disregard for anyone who you might pass the virus onto (including some whom may be unable to be vaccinated) for whom it might not be "nothing more than a mild flu", but fatal or permanently disabling.
        What happened to "your body, your choice?"

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post
          I am old enough to qualify but have not been able to get an appointment. I have registered at the state and county websites and... nothing, except a few times I got an acknowledgement that I registered.

I gather that some day I will get notifications that certain sites have vaccines, but I would have to log on quickly to get an appointment before they are all gone.

I think this is a poorly run system in my area, but at least I can stay safe by staying at home and working remotely.

What about the rest of you? Is it easier to get vaccines in your area?
          My health insurance is through Kaiser Permanente, and it appears that (for now) it's easier to get vaccinations through them. My guess is that it's because they have their own supply of the vaccine for their members, and all the publicity about how hard it is to get vaccinated has caused their members to be slow to sign up.

Anyway, I got my first Moderna injection several weeks ago (second one is next week), and my wife is scheduled for today. Our son should be eligible in a couple of weeks.

Comment

No vaccine for me. I have hydroxychloroquine if it seems like I could be getting this sickness. It sounds too suspicious that they pushed for a vaccine back a year ago when this started -- without knowing anything about the novel coronavirus. My parents got the experimental shots and have been okay so far but we do not know how things will be in 6 months or in the years to come. Some people are not really interested in being guinea pigs for a technology that can alter DNA. Also, it is kind of an overkill giving this to people under 60.
            Last edited by mikewhitney; 03-02-2021, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
              No vaccine for me. I have hydroxychloroquine if it seems like I could be getting this sickness. It sounds too suspicious that they pushed for a vaccine back a year ago when this started -- without knowing anything about the novel coronavirus. My parents got the experimental shots and have been okay so far but we do not know how things will be in 6 months or in the years to come. Some people are not really interested in being guinea pigs for a technology that can alter DNA. Also, it is kind of an overkill giving this to people under 60.
              I've wondered over the last year or so about the wisdom in giving air to specious nonsense such as covid or vaccine denial like this.

On the one hand you get the opportunity to shut it down and tear it apart piece by piece. Clearly this won't change the minds of people such as Mike and others who go in for such claptrap (you can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into), but it may be useful for other readers, especially as this is the sort of thing you see regularly on Auntie Dorris's Facebook page and the like.

On the other hand, is even giving space for this crap dangerous as it gives it oxygen it wouldn't otherwise have to fester? It's a toughie.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                Declining the vaccine because you don't think the virus is dangerous to you shows total callousness and disregard for anyone who you might pass the virus onto (including some whom may be unable to be vaccinated) for whom it might not be "nothing more than a mild flu", but fatal or permanently disabling.
                That is a great and wonderful concern Roy. However, the trials for these shots did not study whether these shots would stop the spread of any virus. The shots were only tested for reduction of the covid symptoms. The best way to protect people is to let them know there are safe and early treatments available such as Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin. There are many other effective treatments. See https://c19study.com. Get the word out so that people's lives may be protected.

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post

I've wondered over the last year or so about the wisdom in giving air to specious nonsense such as covid or vaccine denial like this.

On the one hand you get the opportunity to shut it down and tear it apart piece by piece. Clearly this won't change the minds of people such as Mike and others who go in for such claptrap (you can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into), but it may be useful for other readers, especially as this is the sort of thing you see regularly on Auntie Dorris's Facebook page and the like.

On the other hand, is even giving space for this crap dangerous as it gives it oxygen it wouldn't otherwise have to fester? It's a toughie.
                  I have wondered about the willful ignorance of people who will not do the simple research into matters that are as far reaching as this covid fiasco. Without doing any research, people will claim that the information I provide is nonsense. To shut off debate is to shut off science and knowledge. Is that what you want? Where is your research on covid-19 and the vaccines? Please share it so that we may have confidence in what you say. If you have good research on this, share it with me so I may be convinced as well. Your sources must be really really good. (However, it seems when I ask for people to respond to the science, I never hear back from them.)
                  Last edited by mikewhitney; 03-02-2021, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Blah, blah, blah
                    Talking about you, not to you buddy.

You've already been corrected on this several times over the last year across many threads. As it is clearly a wasted effort I see no reason to bash my head against that particular brick wall.

The point I was self-indulgently musing is something potentially worth picking at in future, however. How much space do you give utter crap? This goes double if it is potentially dangerous crap. Not dealing with it fuels conspiracies that it is being shut down, but even a small amount of airtime can give it air when prior to social media and the like these nutters were shouting at clouds where they belonged.
                    Last edited by EvoUK; 03-02-2021, 01:37 PM.

Comment

No vaccine for me or my family. We have no idea what the long-term side effects will be, and I don't want to be one of those people in a few years who's calling the number on the screen in response to a commercial saying, "If you or loved one received the China flu vaccine and are currently suffering from the following side effects, then you may eligible for compensation..."
                      Last edited by Mountain Man; 03-02-2021, 01:43 PM.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by EvoUK View Post

Talking about you, not to you buddy.

You've already been corrected on this several times over the last year across many threads. As it is clearly a wasted effort I see no reason to bash my head against that particular brick wall.

The point I was self-indulgently musing is something potentially worth picking at in future, however. How much space do you give utter crap? This goes double if it is potentially dangerous crap. Not dealing with it fuels conspiracies that it is being shut down, but even a small amount of airtime can give it air when prior to social media and the like these nutters were shouting at clouds where they belonged.
                        If there was ever a decent response against the science I shared, I would not being sharing bad science (if it is bad). So, I have no idea which responses you have seen as adequate against the facts I have shared. It seems you already bashed your head on the wall too much -- it is affecting your memory. Are there specific responses you found adequate against the science I have shared? Or do you just wish to present the facade that the science has been responded to?

Comment

I bet I will hardly notice the third eye or the extra tentacles.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

probably a third nipple. You probably could use an extra one.

However, the specific genetic change is not likely noticeable than getting an extra nipple. But if you get those tentacles, please let us know.
                            Last edited by mikewhitney; 03-02-2021, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I misread that last word.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                No vaccine for me or my family. We have no idea what the long-term side effects will be, and I don't want to be one of those people in a few years who's calling the number on the screen in response to a commercial saying, "If you or loved one received the China flu vaccine and are currently suffering from the following side effects, then you may eligible for compensation..."
                                Yeah, I'm glad we already had Covid, sailed through it, and there's no rush to decide about the vaccine.

Comment