Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Virginia school system cancels Dr. Seuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kccd View Post

What is the evidence of that? Who are the "snowflakes" who influenced this family? Is this family so easily controlled by outsiders that they cannot make their own decisions?

I see nothing in your link that identifies outsiders who somehow forced the family to do this. Maybe you can provide that information to support your claim.

Also, I thought there was a lot of concern about nastiness on Civics with an effort to tone it down. It is not working.
    Yes. This family is so easily controlled by outsiders that they cannot make their own decisions. Just like you are so easily controlled by outsiders to be fearful for your life over covid. Just like statues are toppling and LIncoln has been cancelled and sports teams are changing their names because of a few whiners, etc. ad infinitum ad nauseum.

And my 11 year old granddaughter has more common sense than you.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

You are saying that the Seuss family is a bunch of liberals and should not therefore have the right to decide to retire some of their books?....
      Wow --- lemme guess - you fully experienced the 60's and are now paying the price.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• I say we topple Lincoln statues, too

https://apnews.com/article/race-and-...39fc734065b5ea

Originally posted by Abraham Lincoln
        “I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and Black races. ... There is a physical difference between the white and Black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
          I say we topple Lincoln statues, too

https://apnews.com/article/race-and-...39fc734065b5ea

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It is amazing that, with all the conflict and major news stories to choose from, conservatives have decided to focus their ire on renaming Mr. Potato head, and the decision of a publisher to stop printing 6 unpopular 70 year old children's books. Nine pages of comments on this!
            And of course, you had to spend your precious time commenting here too!

Comment

Sales records.

Seriously, I looked at the titles of the books being retired (not banned) and had never heard of any of them. Have you heard of them before this?
              Reread the first post in this thread. It was about Fairfax VA banning the books because of "racism". AFTER that happened and became news, the publisher decided to stop publishing the books because of the racism. At no point did they say they were just 'retiring' the books because of a lack of sales. So take your idiotic gaslighting attempt away.

Comment

Mein Kamph is an important book for historical and political scholars.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Wait, is that for REAL????
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Reread the first post in this thread. It was about Fairfax VA banning the books because of "racism". AFTER that happened and became news, the publisher decided to stop publishing the books because of the racism. At no point did they say they were just 'retiring' the books because of a lack of sales. So take your idiotic gaslighting attempt away.
                    She doesn't seem to understand that school systems banning them, libraries removing them and Biden striking them from 2021 Read Across America Day[1] is not the publisher deciding to "retire" the books. It is censorship.

1. which is associated with Dr. Seuss taking place on his birthday.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      She doesn't seem to understand that school systems banning them, libraries removing them and Biden striking them from 2021 Read Across America Day[1] is not the publisher deciding to "retire" the books. It is censorship.

1. which is associated with Dr. Seuss taking place on his birthday.
                      She doesn't seem to understand very much of anything.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Wait, is that for REAL????
                        Maybe Snopes should fact check it.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Maybe Snopes should fact check it.
                          Still laughing about Facebook factchecking my cartoon.

Comment

• Been wondering how long it will be before the National Seuss Registry will come into effect. The Seuss Stasi (or SS) will search all our homes and if they find Seuss books we didn't declare we will be arrested and thrown into prison. We will have to turn in all the offensive ones when we declare them and only be allowed to keep the non-offensive ones. I wonder if there is a list of those somewhere.

Unless we bury them in the back 40 like people have done with their long guns......

Comment