Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

New Study Shows Hundreds of BLM 'Protests' Turned Violent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eider View Post
    Yes, it did, we did, only a couple of hundred years earlier than yours.
    I think we've got over ours, sure, but we surely did have a dreadful civil war between the wealthier, richer, better fed royalists and the much less well of working people. They even had different body shapes because of the differences in their lifestyles.

And the Northern Ireland Conflict has raged throughout my lifetime, leaving dreadful results behind.
    Did you know that the Protestants can tell a Catholic that they never saw before, never knew? I challenged a tough old ex RSM who claimed he could do that and he did, on the spot, showed me every Catholic in the restaurant, whom I politely introduced myself to, explained the challenge and got the confirmation that he was right. I also got 'We know them 'n' all replies! Amazing. Amazing.
    Perhaps I misidentified "your country", or failed to consider that the UK is pretty much the UK, and not just .... ah, yes, "the troubles".

I'm trying to be delicate about the race aspect --- when I see blacks on TV from the UK or its 'colonies', they appear intelligent and well mannered, etc... maybe it's the British accent.
    Our trouble comes largely from the fact that slavery left a horrible legacy of uneducated blacks who, for lots of legimate reasons, are struggling in society, and there are plenty of "poverty pimps" who tend to want to "help" them by treating them like poor little subjects incapable of taking care of themselves.

As they say - it's complicated.

OK.
    Scotland and Ireland.
    It's in the blood, I'm afraid.
    We walked in to a village pub just South of Fort William in Scotland and everybody stopped and stared. Before I could explain to my fiance a fine gentleman approached and asked me my name. I replied 'I know, I know Sir.... just tell me where it is'. He answered,'I think you'll find that your Public House in just down the road, on the right.'

Even in Scotland. Catholics and Protestants.

I must reply to the rest later..... must collect my wife.....
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

There are those on one side who still want to fight that racist war, and there are those on the other side who will use that issue as an excuse to 'demonstrate' complete with rioting and looting and mayhem.
      there does not seem to be a strong moderate centre.
      But you're going o need one.

When black voices speak against the violence, harkening back to the non-violent teachings of MLK, they are quickly labeled "Uncle Toms", and attacked by their own.
      I never owned slaves, my father never owned slaves, my grandfather never owned slaves, and everybody else in my line came from Scotland and Ireland.
      Again, without a strong moderate centre you won't get out of this one. And o don't think you've got one.

Under the "reparations" nonsense being pushed by BLM, I would be required to pay money to people who were never owned as slaves, whose fathers were never owned as slaves, whose grandparents were never owned as slaves....

Look at their website's demands -- and they change frequently. "Slave patrols"? They refer to the riots this summer as "Freedom Summer". They call for Defunding the Police....
      BLM Demands - Black Lives Matter
      I don't believe that the majority of black folks on America will support that extremist bulldust. Biden needs to appeal to the moderates.

[box]1. Convict and ban Trump from future political office:
      We are joining Rep. Ilhan Omar, Rep. Ayanna Pressley, Rep. Cori Bush, Rep. Jamaal Bowman, and others who are demanding Trump be immediately convicted in the United States Senate. Trump must also be banned from holding elected office in the future. Call your members of Congress and demand they support conviction by dialing (202) 224-3121.
      Ah..... I can't fib..... most folks here think that Trump is a nightmare for the US and World, although Boris might have preferred him to Biden

2. Expel Republican members of Congress who attempted to overturn the election and incited a white supremacist attack:
      More than half the Republican representatives and multiple senators stoked Trump’s conspiracy theories and encouraged the white supremacists to take action to overturn the election. We are supporting Rep. Cori Bush’s resolution to expel them from Congress for their dangerous and traitorous actions. We also support steps to bar them from seeking another office.
      Extremist junk. Of course. Politic tribalism

3. Launch a full investigation into the ties between white supremacy and the Capitol Police, law enforcement, and the military:
      The Capitol was able to be breached and overrun by white supremacists attempting to disrupt a political process that is fundamental to our democracy. We know that police departments have been a safe haven for white supremacists to hide malintent behind a badge, because the badge was created for that purpose. We also know off-duty cops and military were among the mob at the Capitol on January 6th. Guilty parties need to be held accountable and fired. We are supporting Rep. Jamaal Bowman’s COUP Act to investigate these connections.
      Well, they are going to charge some of the above, and there may be more Republican police than Dems.
      Over here the Police for rs are still in the grip of Freemasonry ... Just saying....

4. Permanently ban Trump from all digital media platforms:
      Trump has always used his digital media platforms recklessly and irresponsibly to spread lies and disinformation. Now it is clearer than ever that his digital media is also used to incite violence and promote its continuation. He must be stopped from encouraging his mob and further endangering our communities, even after inauguration.
      Yeah.... That is down to the next election that jrogjt run on

​​​​​​Democracy over extremist tribal bulldust. :)

5. Defund the police:
      The police that met our BLM protestors this summer with assault rifles, teargas, and military-grade protective gear were the same police that, on Wednesday, met white supremacists with patience and the benefit of the doubt, going so far as to pose for selfies with rioters. The contrast was jarring, but not for Black people. We have always known who the police truly protect and serve. D.C. has the most police per capita in the country; more funding is not the solution.
      Now this one I want to answer when I'm on a computer!
      Be back later.....my wife is late!

Comment

Recently, CNN ran a chyron that stated "fiery but mostly peaceful" as a building in Kenosha, Wisconsin burned to the ground.
        It's things like that make it so hard to satirize liberals. It's difficult to come up with something even more ridiculous than the reality they have created.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          It's things like that make it so hard to satirize liberals. It's difficult to come up with something even more ridiculous than the reality they have created.
          EGGzackly.... which is why it's so easy to confuse Babylon Bee's "reporting" with reality, because liberals are fulfilling BB 'prophecy'.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

They even had different body shapes because of the differences in their lifestyles.
            You mean, taller and shorter?

And the Northern Ireland Conflict has raged throughout my lifetime, leaving dreadful results behind.
            Did you know that the Protestants can tell a Catholic that they never saw before, never knew? I challenged a tough old ex RSM who claimed he could do that and he did, on the spot, showed me every Catholic in the restaurant, whom I politely introduced myself to, explained the challenge and got the confirmation that he was right. I also got 'We know them 'n' all replies! Amazing. Amazing.
            Back in 1990, my brother and I had planned to pass through Belfast on our way to the southern island and a local Scotsman warned us not to take an English rental car into that city at the time - that we would be targets. I had figured since we were Americans that we wouldn't be bothered.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              If it had been yet another antifa/BLM riot it would have been largely ignored, the whole "armed insurrection" bellowing would never had existed, and we'd just be waiting for the next one.
              Another emphatic statement premised on an unknown.
              "It ain't necessarily so
              The things that you're liable
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life
              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Another emphatic statement premised on an unknown.
                I suspect you would have been telling us that violence is in our country's DNA and we just need to accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I suspect you would have been telling us that violence is in our country's DNA and we just need to accept it.
                  Why? What relevance would it have to an emphatic statement premised on an unknown?
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  The things that you're liable
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life
                  Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

there does not seem to be a strong moderate centre.
                    But you're going o need one.
                    Not ignoring the rest of your post - but this is a HUGE problem, not soon to be rectified.

While Biden promised to be the President of ALL the people, he has demonstrated that he will appease the left and [bad word of your choice] the right.

Comment

Now this one I want to answer when I'm on a computer!
                      Be back later.....my wife is late!
                      "This one" being Defund the Police, which has been talked to death, and means whatever the person using the expression wants it to mean.
                      It's funny that when one liberal explains what it means, another pops up and says, NO, that's not what it means - it means....

But this thread isn't about "what people say" but about BLM, so let's see what they actually say about Defund the Police...

What Defunding the Police Really Means - Black Lives Matter

Not REFORM Police - but defund them .... and, yeah, she mentions 5%, but you know that's never the end-game - that's the camel's nose under the tent.

AND, she's talking about ALL blacks killed by Police, with no differentiation at all between "righteous" shootings, and those what are not justified.

defund police BLM.jpg
                      Attached Files

Comment

New Study Shows Hundreds of BLM 'Protests' Turned Violent

Princeton, no less!

For months Democrats and their allies in the media have claimed Black Lives Matter protests in cities across the country have been "mostly peaceful." Recently, CNN ran a chyron that stated "fiery but mostly peaceful" as a building in Kenosha, Wisconsin burned to the ground.

But contrary to the narrative and according to a new study from Princeton University, over the past four months hundreds of "protests" have turned into violent, destructive riots.

riots.jpg
                        The orange color indicating riots is clearly dwarfed by the number of nonviolent protests.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Swiftly arrest and severely prosecute rioters. If anyone is killed, contemplate adding murder charges to any rioter. Investigate protest speakers for instigation of riots. Crack down on rioters harshly, to serve as an example to others who might think of rioting. Work hard to identify and charge any rioter. Encourage social media companies to shut down any page that could contribute to the emotional situation that leads to riots.
                          Including Trump and anyone else who spoke in the rally just prior to the Jan 6 attack on the Capitol?
                          After all, there is cell phone tracking data showing that people at that rally went to and entered the Capitol.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

Including Trump and anyone else who spoke in the rally just prior to the Jan 6 attack on the Capitol?
                            After all, there is cell phone tracking data showing that people at that rally went to and entered the Capitol.
                            I gave a list of tactics that democrats/liberals have been taking against the capitol riots.

Comment

Wow. look at Portland.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

The orange color indicating riots is clearly dwarfed by the number of nonviolent protests.
                                If a serial killer only kills 3 of the hundreds of people he looked at, that's cool, yuh?

He's a mostly law-abiding citizen!

Comment