Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More than 25% of Republicans support QAnon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

https://news.gallup.com/poll/21814/e...t-design.aspx
    Which of the following statements comes closest to your views on
    On WHAT, Shuny? For cryin' out loud, finish the question.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

First your reference did not work. Second polls in recent history has consistently shown that 45-50+% of the USA identifies themselves with Evangelical Fundamentalist Christianity and of course many do not claim to belong to a specific church.
      Shuny, while you're bumbling and fumbling in a vain attempt to skirt the issue --- the question remains....

Do you have something that proves that "45-50+% of the USA identifies themselves with Evangelical Fundamentalist Christianity".

And, remember - my focus is on your claim "Fundamentalist".

Perhaps you could start with an explanation of what you think "Fundamentalist" means?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

On WHAT, Shuny? For cryin' out loud, finish the question.
        That is a concerning chart, except for the uptick in the bottom line.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

Well, thank you for that ... um.... very informative post!

Comment

Shuny, while you're bumbling and fumbling in a vain attempt to skirt the issue --- the question remains....

Do you have something that proves that "45-50+% of the USA identifies themselves with Evangelical Fundamentalist Christianity".

And, remember - my focus is on your claim "Fundamentalist".

Perhaps you could start with an explanation of what you think "Fundamentalist" means?
            Believes in a version of a literal interpretation of Genesis, and most of the Bible. Not all Evangelical Christians believe in a literal interpretation. I gave room for versions of Old Earth Creationism

~34 - 44 % of the population of the USA believes in a a version of a literal interpretation of the Bible, Consider non-Christians do not believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible the Evangelical Christians that believe in a literal interpretation are the dominate population of Christianity in the USA, and Christianity is not loosing in popularity.
            Last edited by shunyadragon; 03-07-2021, 06:39 PM.
            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Believes in a version of a literal interpretation of Genesis, and most of the Bible. Not all Evangelical Christians believe in a literal interpretation. I gave room for versions of Old Earth Creationism

~34 - 44 % of the population of the USA believes in a a version of a literal interpretation of the Bible, Consider non-Christians do not believe in a literal interpretation of the Bible the Evangelical Christians that believe in a literal interpretation are the dominate population of Christianity in the USA, and Christianity is not loosing in popularity.
              Is it possible for you to post a link that actually works? Need to phone a friend?

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

It's interesting. The "extremes" -- no God at all or no evolution at all -- are increasing rather sharply, while the "moderate" view is decreasing just as sharply.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Is it possible for you to post a link that actually works? Need to phone a friend?
                  That one worked for me. It's a Gallup poll about human origins. I'm getting a bit lost in this thread, but it appears Shuny is defining "Fundamentalist" purely in terms of that one idea, human origins.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

That one worked for me. It's a Gallup poll about human origins. I'm getting a bit lost in this thread, but it appears Shuny is defining "Fundamentalist" purely in terms of that one idea, human origins.
                    Yeah, he's usually on a kick about how racist Southern Baptists are --- I think he had an unhappy childhood.

Comment

Shuny messed up his link in his post and stuck a colon at the end of the hyperlink. After you click on it, edit the address and remove the colon after "aspx" and it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Shuny messed up his link in his post and stuck a colon at the end of the hyperlink. After you click on it, edit the address and remove the colon after "aspx" and it works.
                        Yeah, I figured that out, but then realized how futile it is to try to have a discussion with Shuny. I hereby withdraw my challenge.

Comment