Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More than 25% of Republicans support QAnon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than 25% of Republicans support QAnon

Previously in threads involving QAnon many denied any knowledge, importance and proposed that support among Republicans was minimal. It turns out to have significant influence in the Republican Party conspiracies and conspiracies and all.

Source: https://www.christianitytoday.com/news/2021/february/white-evangelicals-qanon-election-conspiracy-trump-aei.html

QAnon Conspiracies Sway Faith Groups, Including 1 in 4 White Evangelicals

Anew survey reports more than a quarter of white evangelical Protestants believe a QAnon conspiracy theory that purports former President Donald Trump is secretly battling a cabal of pedophile Democrats, and roughly half express support for the debunked claim that antifa was responsible for the recent insurrection at the US Capitol.

Experts say the data point to a widening ideological divide not only between white evangelicals and other religious groups in the country, but also between white evangelical Republicans and other members of their own party.

The survey, which was conducted in late January by the conservative American Enterprise Institute, reported 29 percent of Republicans and 27 percent of white evangelicals—the most of any religious group—believe the widely debunked QAnon conspiracy theory is completely or mostly accurate.

QAnon has infiltrated other faith groups as well, with 15 percent of white mainline Protestants, 18 percent of white Catholics, 12 percent of non-Christians, 11 percent of Hispanic Catholics and 7 percent of black Protestants saying they believe it.

In addition, large subsets of each group—ranging from 37 percent of non-Christians to 50 percent of Hispanic Catholics—said they “weren’t sure” whether the theory was true.

© Copyright Original Source

Source: https://www.christianitytoday.com/ne...-trump-aei.htm
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 02-27-2021, 07:00 PM.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

From what I can read, the survey, like a lot of leftist surveys, and your OP seem to be deceptive. They ask: "Donald Trump has been secretly fighting a group of child sex traffickers that include prominent Democrats and Hollywood elites." I don't specifically see "Qanon" in the survey question. When you consider the Democrats that have been linked to Epstein, like the Clintons, and other high profile democrats that have been linked to pedophilia, you could technically argue this is true to an extent. They deceptively link it to Qanon in the article, but I don't see that in their quote.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      From what I can read, the survey, like a lot of leftist surveys, and your OP seem to be deceptive. They ask: "Donald Trump has been secretly fighting a group of child sex traffickers that include prominent Democrats and Hollywood elites." I don't specifically see "Qanon" in the survey question. When you consider the Democrats that have been linked to Epstein, like the Clintons, and other high profile democrats that have been linked to pedophilia, you could technically argue this is true to an extent. They deceptively link it to Qanon in the article, but I don't see that in their quote.
      It's Shuny.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It's Shuny.
        I know, and I try to show as much mercy as I can.

Comment

I know, and I try to show as much mercy as I can.
          He tries SO hard.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He tries SO hard.
            The fact CT is also misrepresenting the survey to throw Reps under the bus is just sad. I don't read that rag at all, but I wonder if this is where folks like Ox and kccd are getting their pseudo-Christian liberal talking points.

Comment

Are you forgetting all the photos of Trump and Epstein at parties, including at Mar-a-lago?
              Are you forgetting that when Epstein's procurer was arrested, Trump could only say "I wish her well".
              Are you forgetting the Trump supporter who believed the Qanon claim that Clinton was running a child sex ring out of a particular pizza place, and he took his guns there and shot some holes in the wall?

When Trump was asked about Qanon, he said he did not know anything about them other than that they are against pedophilia!!! The fact is Qanon obviously makes false accusations of pedophilia against Dems.

And those Trump supporters who attacked our seat of govt on Jan 6 also carried Q signs.

Comment

I don't specifically see "Qanon" in the survey question. When you consider the Democrats that have been linked to Epstein, like the Clintons, and other high profile democrats that have been linked to pedophilia, you could technically argue this is true to an extent. They deceptively link it to Qanon in the article, but I don't see that in their quote..
                Yes, I suppose you're right.

Famous Republican pedophiles:

Strom Thurmond
                Dennis Hastert
                Mark Foley
                Tom Nolan
                Ralph Shortey
                Howard Scott Heldreth
                David Swartz
                Mark Pazuhanich
                Nicholas Morency
                Edison Misla Aldarondo
                Philip Giordano
                Tom Shortridge
                Mike Hintz
                Peter Dibble
                Donald “Buz” Luken
                Richard A. Delgaudio
                Mark A. Grethen
                Randal David Ankeney
                Dan Crane
                Robert Bauman
                Jeffrey Patti

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

Strom Thurmond
                  Dennis Hastert
                  Mark Foley
                  Tom Nolan
                  Ralph Shortey
                  Howard Scott Heldreth
                  David Swartz
                  Mark Pazuhanich
                  Nicholas Morency
                  Edison Misla Aldarondo
                  Philip Giordano
                  Tom Shortridge
                  Mike Hintz
                  Peter Dibble
                  Donald “Buz” Luken
                  Richard A. Delgaudio
                  Mark A. Grethen
                  Randal David Ankeney
                  Dan Crane
                  Robert Bauman
                  Jeffrey Patti
                  Kinda funny that when they get exposed, they're toast.

Comment

And so far, all you have against Dems is false accusations.

Jim Jordan is not toast quite yet, but I understand there is a documentary on that scandal about to be released.

Comment

Well, Roy Moore lost his last election, but just barely.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post
                        And so far, all you have against Dems is false accusations.

I'm sure you actually believe that.

Jim Jordan is not toast quite yet, but I understand there is a documentary on that scandal about to be released.
                        I bet you can hardly wait.

Tell me, what happened that made you such a bitter old lady?

Comment

Ah, you mean this...

George Clooney Producing Docuseries Alleging Jim Jordan Ignored Sexual Abuse Claims at Ohio State

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

Strom Thurmond
                            Dennis Hastert
                            Mark Foley
                            Tom Nolan
                            Ralph Shortey
                            Howard Scott Heldreth
                            David Swartz
                            Mark Pazuhanich
                            Nicholas Morency
                            Edison Misla Aldarondo
                            Philip Giordano
                            Tom Shortridge
                            Mike Hintz
                            Peter Dibble
                            Donald “Buz” Luken
                            Richard A. Delgaudio
                            Mark A. Grethen
                            Randal David Ankeney
                            Dan Crane
                            Robert Bauman
                            Jeffrey Patti
                            Oooh you got me with a whataboutism. Only I was addressing the slimy deception of the OP, the article they cited, and the survey itself. The question never pertained to republicans. Maybe they should have included that in the question.

Comment

Are you forgetting all the photos of Trump and Epstein at parties, including at Mar-a-lago?
                              Are you forgetting that when Epstein's procurer was arrested, Trump could only say "I wish her well".
                              Are you forgetting the Trump supporter who believed the Qanon claim that Clinton was running a child sex ring out of a particular pizza place, and he took his guns there and shot some holes in the wall?

When Trump was asked about Qanon, he said he did not know anything about them other than that they are against pedophilia!!! The fact is Qanon obviously makes false accusations of pedophilia against Dems.

And those Trump supporters who attacked our seat of govt on Jan 6 also carried Q signs.
                              There was nothing in the survey question about Qanon, you dingbat. The article and the survey were deceptive. That's what I was specifically addressing.

Comment