Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More than 25% of Republicans support QAnon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shuny's source says "QAnon Conspiracies Sway Faith Groups, Including 1 in 4 White Evangelicals" but the survey is talking about "republicans" - such a conflation is not honest

https://www.americansurveycenter.org...xceptionalism/

Christianity Today has gone completely liberal recently and become utter trash.
    Last edited by Sparko; 03-01-2021, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You obviously didn't ignore it because you responded with your typical nutty....
      The content was not worth addressing.

"It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
        The content was not worth addressing.
        You seriously can't help yourself! You appear to be starved for attention.

If you want to ignore something - ignore it! Nobody needs you telling them you're ignoring it.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Shuny's source says "QAnon Conspiracies Sway Faith Groups, Including 1 in 4 White Evangelicals" but the survey is talking about "republicans" - such a conflation is not honest

https://www.americansurveycenter.org...xceptionalism/

Christianity Today has gone completely liberal recently and become utter trash.
          First your reference did not work. Second polls in recent history has consistently shown that 45-50+% of the USA identifies themselves with Evangelical Fundamentalist Christianity and of course many do not claim to belong to a specific church.

In recent history ~45-34% identify themselves as 'Born again Christians. https://news.gallup.com/poll/1690/religion.aspx

Other polls indicate ~40 47% believe in a literal Biblical Creation: https://news.gallup.com/poll/21814/e...nt-design.aspx
          Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
          Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
          But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            ...Second polls in recent history has consistently shown that 45-50+% of the USA identifies themselves with Evangelical Fundamentalist Christianity...
            I double dog dare you to try to back up that statement with some actual recent polls.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I double dog dare you to try to back up that statement with some actual recent polls.

Comment

https://news.gallup.com/poll/21814/e...t-design.aspx: poll shows the percent of those that believe in a literal Biblical version of Creation.

Evangelical Protestant are the largest religious group in the USA: https://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/

and Christians remain the largest religion in the USA.
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

https://news.gallup.com/poll/21814/e...t-design.aspx: poll shows the percent of those that believe in a literal Biblical version of Creation.

Evangelical Protestant are the largest religious group in the USA: https://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/

and Christians remain the largest religion in the USA.
                  shuny link.jpg
                  GREAT job, Shuny!

Attached Files

Comment

Second polls in recent history has consistently shown that 45-50+% of the USA identifies themselves with Evangelical Fundamentalist Christianity and of course many do not claim to belong to a specific church.
                    THIS, Shuny, is the statement that I double-dog dared you to prove. No multi-step hyperlink gymnastics - and the key to my challenge is the word "Fundamentalist".

If you can't do it, then just man up and admit you got a bit carried away.

Comment

THIS, Shuny, is the statement that I double-dog dared you to prove. No multi-step hyperlink gymnastics - and the key to my challenge is the word "Fundamentalist".

If you can't do it, then just man up and admit you got a bit carried away.
                      Double double dare you come up with anything that contradicts my references.

Frank

Comment

shuny link.jpg
                        GREAT job, Shuny!

I easily opened the references I gave by simply clicking on them.

Frank

Comment

I easily opened the references I gave by simply clicking on them.
                          Probably because they're still cached on your computer.

Comment

Probably because they're still cached on your computer.
                            No, simply click on the reference. Still nothing to refute what I posted. Avoidance par excellence.

Frank

Comment

No, simply click on the reference. Still nothing to refute what I posted. Avoidance par excellence.
                              It doesn't work, Shuny.

Lemme type really slowly for you.....

You probably found that page, boogered up the link, and posted it, but it works for you, because the site is still cached on your computer.
                              I'm at a different computer on a different network in a different building - doesn't work here, either.

shuny link.jpg

Comment

It doesn't work, Shuny.

Lemme type really slowly for you.....

You probably found that page, boogered up the link, and posted it, but it works for you, because the site is still cached on your computer.
                                I'm at a different computer on a different network in a different building - doesn't work here, either.

shuny link.jpg
                                https://news.gallup.com/poll/21814/e...t-design.aspx
                                Which of the following statements comes closest to your views on

Frank

Comment