Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More than 25% of Republicans support QAnon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kccd View Post
    Well, the Republicans in the House who represent conservatives refused to deny Marjorie Taylor Greene committee assignments, and she is a Qanon supporter who referenced this horrid claim on her Facebook page. Republicans elected this woman (!), so it is fair to wonder not if, but how far this muck has seeped into conservative minds.
    A) I'm not a Republican
    2) Both Republicans and Democrats do stupid things to retain power
    C) You're quite amusing

Republican Congressman have refused to do anything about Greene, because they think Republican voters don't want them to.
    And Democrats keep unqualified (or people who clearly should be disqualified) for the very same reason.

So while I agree that ALL conservatives don't accept these Qanon claims,
    How very generous of you!

it is obvious that a significant proportion think that Qanon is true or likely true, based on polling and the signs they carried on Jan 6 and how they vote and what they have been saying at CPAC.

I agree it may be the worst example, but the GOP leaders who are coming down hardest on this are the ones being censured by their State GOP Parties.
    Again, I'm not a Republican, so....

As for BLM, I already posted a link to a map of the USA with every BLM protest, labeled for size, location and associated violence. There were only a very small number labelled for violence. The media of course report the violence, because peaceful demonstrations are boring as news items especially when there is one after another, so the general public, especially those glued to Fox, get the wrong impression of what went down.
    So you did EXACTLY what I predicted you would do! You couldn't even bring yourself to admit that even SOME of the BLM protests were violent, and denounce that violence.

Let me add that most of the churches around here, including mine, have BLM signs on their front lawns.
    Wow, your "Christian" picture is emerging more and more --- your Church got duped into supporting the Marxist regime hiding behind BLM banner?

Lemme guess - your pastor is a woman.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

A) I'm not a Republican
      2) Both Republicans and Democrats do stupid things to retain power
      C) You're quite amusing

And Democrats keep unqualified (or people who clearly should be disqualified) for the very same reason.

How very generous of you!

Again, I'm not a Republican, so....

So you did EXACTLY what I predicted you would do! You couldn't even bring yourself to admit that even SOME of the BLM protests were violent, and denounce that violence.

Wow, your "Christian" picture is emerging more and more --- your Church got duped into supporting the Marxist regime hiding behind BLM banner?

Lemme guess - your pastor is a woman.
      Of course I said that some BLM protests had associated violence! I referenced a map showing all the protests last year with the violent ones marked as such. My point is that this was a very small number, maybe 5-10%, while the rest were clearly peaceful.

I didn't say that only MY church shows the BLM banner, I said this is done by MANY churches in my area and is supported by the hierarchies of multiple denominations. I don't know where you got the idea that this is Marxist. Social justice is most definitely a Christian value. Here are two examples of different denominations:

https://um-insight.net/topics/black-lives-matter/
      https://www.episcopalnewsservice.org...nd-protesters/

We used to have a woman assistant pastor, but not now. I would not belong to a church that does not allow women in leadership just because they are women. There are 3 Christian churches in walking distance of my house (Baptist, Presbyterian, Episcopalian), and two have women pastors. It is common around here.

Who are the unqualified Democrats in office? No one that matches Trump, Greene, Boehbert, Cawthorne, Jackson for lack of pre-election qualifications.

The Qanon conspiracy group is not amusing. It is dangerous, as we saw on Jan 6.

Not Republican? So...Green Party?
      Last edited by kccd; 02-28-2021, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Of course I said that some BLM protests had associated violence! I referenced a map showing all the protests last year with the violent ones marked as such. My point is that this was a very small number, maybe 5-10%, while the rest were clearly peaceful.
        But you just can't bring yourself to clearly condemn the violence in which BLM is involved - EXACTLY as I predicted, you're doing everything to skate around that.

I didn't say that only MY church shows the BLM banner, I said this is done by MANY churches in my area and is supported by the hierarchies of multiple denominations.
        But you did say that your Church does....
        Let me add that most of the churches around here, including mine, have BLM signs on their front lawns.

And just because other churches do it doesn't make it right - that's like, "But MOM, EVERYBODY's going to the party!!!"

I don't know where you got the idea that this is Marxist.
        From the founders of BLM You've been brainwashed.

Social justice is most definitely a Christian value. Here are two examples of different denominations:

https://um-insight.net/topics/black-lives-matter/
        https://www.episcopalnewsservice.org...nd-protesters/
        I'm all for racial justice - I'm just not sucked into the racist BLM movement. My "day job" is to minorities - mostly blacks - and they don't buy into the BLM crap.

We used to have a woman assistant pastor, but not now. I would not belong to a church that does not allow women in leadership just because they are women. There are 3 Christian churches in walking distance of my house (Baptist, Presbyterian, Episcopalian), and two have women pastors. It is common around here.
        There again, you're justifying liberalism because you're surrounded by liberalism.

Strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. For narrow the gate and straitened the way that leads to life, and they are few who find it. (Jesus said that )

Who are the unqualified Democrats in office? No one that matches Trump, Greene, Boehbert, Cawthorne, Jackson for lack of pre-election qualifications.

We can start with Nancy, Chuck, Swawell (in bed with a Chinese spy, literally)....

The Qanon conspiracy group is not amusing. It is dangerous, as we saw on Jan 6.
        I clearly and without reservation denounce all the violence at the Capitol that day, but I'm not brainwashed into thinking it was about Qanon. Seriously, what pinko commie news sources do you follow?

Not Republican? So...Green Party?
        Independent.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

But you just can't bring yourself to clearly condemn the violence in which BLM is involved - EXACTLY as I predicted, you're doing everything to skate around that.

But you did say that your Church does....
          And just because other churches do it doesn't make it right - that's like, "But MOM, EVERYBODY's going to the party!!!"

From the founders of BLM You've been brainwashed.

I'm all for racial justice - I'm just not sucked into the racist BLM movement. My "day job" is to minorities - mostly blacks - and they don't buy into the BLM crap.

There again, you're justifying liberalism because you're surrounded by liberalism.

Strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it. For narrow the gate and straitened the way that leads to life, and they are few who find it. (Jesus said that )

We can start with Nancy, Chuck, Swawell (in bed with a Chinese spy, literally)....

I clearly and without reservation denounce all the violence at the Capitol that day, but I'm not brainwashed into thinking it was about Qanon. Seriously, what pinko commie news sources do you follow?

Independent.
          I condemn all violence, including the violence at BLM protests. I am not convinced that BLM is directly responsible for any or all violence that is associated with their protests, but if you have that evidence, please share.

I clearly said that my church has a BLM sign, and I clearly said that many other local churches do as well.

I support BLM because I agree with its central focus. Black lives do matter, and for too long they have been treated as second class.

What does your "strait is the gate" comment have to do with women pastors?

Nancy and Chuck are talented politicians, and Nancy will be remembered as one of the best Speakers of all time. Both are highly qualified to serve. Schumer has a law degree, served in the state legislature before being elected to the House and then the Senate. Pelosi had multiple roles in the Dem Party before running for Congress. I don't know Swawell. And I don't know what your definition of qualified is when it comes to public office. I tend to think it should include a combination of formal education and lower level experience before working up to national office.

Comment

I condemn all violence, including the violence at BLM protests. I am not convinced that BLM is directly responsible for any or all violence that is associated with their protests, but if you have that evidence, please share.
            Wow.... here's the deal - dyed-in-the-wool liberals like you probably won't believe anything that shows BLM is responsible for violence, but I'll give it a shot...

New Study Shows Hundreds of BLM 'Protests' Turned Violent

It's kinda like you liberals feel like you're doing the Lord's work by buying into the BLM narrative.

I clearly said that my church has a BLM sign, and I clearly said that many other local churches do as well.
            Yes, I got that loud and clear!

I support BLM because I agree with its central focus. Black lives do matter, and for too long they have been treated as second class.
            You support BLM because you got suckered into believing it's actually about equality.

Why do you suppose it was just about women pastors? It's about your whole pinko commie liberal view on Christianity. (I'm being just slightly facetious there)

Seriously, you remind me of a woman "pastor" that was in our ministerial association years ago - she was basically an old hippie who liked to talk about her and her buddies going to their church and playing guitars and smoking pot while doing their 'Bible lessons".

Nancy and Chuck are talented politicians, and Nancy will be remembered as one of the best Speakers of all time. Both are highly qualified to serve. Schumer has a law degree, served in the state legislature before being elected to the House and then the Senate. Pelosi had multiple roles in the Dem Party before running for Congress. I don't know Swawell. And I don't know what your definition of qualified is when it comes to public office. I tend to think it should include a combination of formal education and lower level experience before working up to national office.

Yup, you are a true blue liberal, pink around the edges.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Yes, the "Intelligence" departments are the armpit of the deep state. And it makes sense because the people there are generally smart enough to keep low profiles and not be purged.
              Typical of a devoted QAnon supporter of the conspiracies.
              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Typical of a devoted QAnon supporter of the conspiracies.
                I'll pass your opinion along to Peter Strzok.

Comment

You have surely noticed by now that misogyny underlies many comments made towards you. Get back to where you belong. Your rightful role revolves around Kinder Küche Kirche. Of course those who retain the attitude that is contained in that derogatory phrase would never openly admit to that fact. They lack the probity [and possibly also the cojones ]

Instead they resort to patronising and demeaning remarks [often veiled as "humour"]

Remember the playground rules apply here. Girlies enter at their own risk.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  The things that you're liable
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life
                  Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

You have surely noticed by now that misogyny underlies many comments made towards you. Get back to where you belong. Your rightful role revolves around Kinder Küche Kirche. Of course those who retain the attitude that is contained in that derogatory phrase would never openly admit to that fact. They lack the probity [and possibly also the cojones ]

Instead they resort to patronising and demeaning remarks [often veiled as "humour"]

Remember the playground rules apply here. Girlies enter at their own risk.
                    Ah, you think you should deserve special treatment because you're female. I put you on a par with Starlight, JimL and several others who are, as far as I know, is male.

Comment

Ah, you think you should deserve special treatment because you're female. I put you on a par with Starlight, JimL and several others who are, as far as I know, is male.
                      And where precisely in my comment to another contributor did I allege that I "deserve special treatment because" I am "female"?

Don't worry CP I'll wait.
                      "It ain't necessarily so
                      To read in the Bible
                      It ain't necessarily so
                      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

And where precisely in my comment to another contributor did I allege that I "deserve special treatment because" I am "female"?

Don't worry CP I'll wait.
                        No need to wait at all!

From your nutty whiney comment "Girlies enter at their own risk."

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Comment

No need to wait at all!

From your nutty whiney comment "Girlies enter at their own risk."

If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
                          Oh I think kccd and I can both take the heat. However, commenting upon its existence is not quite the same, now is it?

I am still waiting for you to substantiate your allegation that I alleged that I "deserve special treatment because" I am "female".

Or are you going to use the excuse of requesting I leave your thread in order to render any acquiescence with that request unnecessary?

"It ain't necessarily so
                          To read in the Bible
                          It ain't necessarily so
                          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Oh I think kccd and I can both take the heat. However, commenting upon its existence is not quite the same, now is it?
                            You singled out the "girlie" aspect --- all by yourself.

I am still waiting for you to substantiate your allegation that I alleged that I "deserve special treatment because" I am "female".
                            Hence, proving what a disingenuous person you are, just wanting to argue - you focused on the "girlie" aspect.

Or are you going to use the excuse of requesting I leave your thread in order to render any acquiescence with that request unnecessary?
                            My request for you to leave will be based on your continuing to derail the thread with this psychotic nonsense - whining about being treated a certain way because you're a "girlie", then trying to hide from the fact that you're the one who brought it up.

You can't ever seem to focus on the topic of a thread without starting some kind of derail - it really gets old.

Comment

You singled out the "girlie" aspect --- all by yourself.

Hence, proving what a disingenuous person you are, just wanting to argue - you focused on the "girlie" aspect.

My request for you to leave will be based on your continuing to derail the thread with this psychotic nonsense - whining about being treated a certain way because you're a "girlie", then trying to hide from the fact that you're the one who brought it up.
                              I shall ignore the above because you are not worth the effort.

You can't ever seem to focus on the topic of a thread without starting some kind of derail - it really gets old.
                              I replied to you on page one of your own thread [re Study on violence of BLM protests] and you ignored it. That thread of yours echoes the one you posted about Obama alleging all black Americans should receive reparations. In both you resorted to gross oversimplification and distortion of the actual facts.
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I shall ignore the above because you are not worth the effort.
                                You obviously didn't ignore it because you responded with your typical nutty....

I replied to you on page one of your own thread [re Study on violence of BLM protests] and you ignored it.
                                See - THAT is a TRUE example of ignoring and not responding because you are not worth the effort!

Comment