Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Golden Trump Statue isn’t Trump Worship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Trump Statue isn’t Trump Worship

CPAC seeks to end all criticism of alleged Trump worship by wheeling in golden Trump statue.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...ns-11614360507

Antifa possibly behind this.

It was also made in Mexico.
    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Easter is approaching - it is filled with chocolate!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Sorta gives new meaning to "Orange Man Bad".
        When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
          Sorta gives new meaning to "Orange Man Bad".
          Or naked idolatry

Comment

So, did they bow before the statue and offer sacrifices, or at least genuflect, or stand in awe?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              So, did they bow before the statue and offer sacrifices, or at least genuflect, or stand in awe?
              Touché. =) Semi-clothed idolatry, then.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

Touché. =) Semi-clothed idolatry, then.
                I don't know - haven't watched any of it at all.

Comment

There is a picture circulating the Internet where one attendee is, in fact, bowing before the statue. Maybe they should watch The Ten Commandments again.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

There is a picture circulating the Internet where one attendee is, in fact, bowing before the statue. Maybe they should watch The Ten Commandments again.
                    Do you know that he was being serious, or was just mocking it? Again, I paid NO attention to it this weekend.

Comment

Do you know that he was being serious, or was just mocking it? Again, I paid NO attention to it this weekend.
                      No idea but I don't think it matters... I think even bowing down before a statue in jest is still idolatry... just like if you use profanity "as a joke", you're still cussing. But this conference is off my radar too so I'm just reporting what I've seen from others.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        No idea but I don't think it matters... I think even bowing down before a statue in jest is still idolatry...
                        People can do stupid things without it being idolatry -- without knowing what happened, the guy could have been mocking the fact that it's an idol -- I don't know, but I'm not so quick to judge.

just like if you use profanity "as a joke", you're still cussing.
                        I can't even imagine anybody using profanity as a joke. That just doesn't make sense.

But this conference is off my radar too so I'm just reporting what I've seen from others.

Comment

I thought it was hilarious watching all of the liberals get triggered over this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            I thought it was hilarious watching all of the liberals get triggered over this.
                            I think that was probably the motivation.

Comment

People can do stupid things without it being idolatry -- without knowing what happened, the guy could have been mocking the fact that it's an idol -- I don't know, but I'm not so quick to judge.
                              Or he did specifically because he knew it would trigger liberals. I would suspect that was the whole intent behind the statue itself, a sort of, "Hey, y'all, watch this!" as they laugh at Obama-worshiping liberals unironically condemn a gaudy Trump statue.
                              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment