Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Equality Act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Watermelon View Post

Yep just horrible. We have already generously allowed them to enjoy some of our rights but they keep asking for more and more.
    Unless this madness ends soon we are in danger of having to treat them like normal people.
    Do you believe biological males should compete in women's sports just because they claim to be female?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yep just horrible. We have already generously allowed them to enjoy some of our rights but they keep asking for more and more.
      Unless this madness ends soon we are in danger of having to treat them like normal people.
      You've fallen for the lie that homosexuals were ever denied rights that were enjoyed by everybody else. There's a big difference between "I should have the right to choose how I live" and "I should have the right to force you to embrace how I choose to live." The latter is the premise behind the homosexual agenda.

(Incidentally, this is the second time today I've done a double-take after reading someone's post and looking at their faith designation.)
      Last edited by Mountain Man; 02-26-2021, 07:54 PM.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Do you believe biological males should compete in women's sports just because they claim to be female?
        It would destroy woman's sports.

State and local education boards have diverse policies on student athletics and trans athletes already are allowed in some public school systems. If the bill became law, it would amend the Civil Rights Act of 1964, including the subsequent Title IX protections for female athletes, to ban discrimination based on either sex or gender identity.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/25/house-...op-objections/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/6813749002/
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

It would destroy woman's sports.

State and local education boards have diverse policies on student athletics and trans athletes already are allowed in some public school systems. If the bill became law, it would amend the Civil Rights Act of 1964, including the subsequent Title IX protections for female athletes, to ban discrimination based on either sex or gender identity.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/25/house-...op-objections/

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/6813749002/
          Who would have thought that it would be the Republicans who rush in to defend women's rights from the liberals.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No I don't believe they should be able to.

Comment

No I don't believe they should be able to.
              Cool, cause that's what's being objected to, and that's what the birdbrained wokefoke are pushing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                You've fallen for the lie that homosexuals were ever denied rights that were enjoyed by everybody else.
                History of the gay rights movement says otherwise.

There's a big difference between "I should have the right to choose how I live" and "I should have the right to force you to embrace how I choose to live." The latter is the premise behind the homosexual agenda.
                I don't agree that is the premise behind the homosexual agenda. How do they force you to embrace how they live?

(Incidentally, this is the second time today I've done a double-take after reading someone's post and looking at their faith designation.)
                Gatekeeping Christianity. Nice one.

Comment

I don't agree that is the premise behind the homosexual agenda. How do they force you to embrace how they live?
                  You mean like using the law to force a Christian baker to make a cake for a gay marriage?
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

I'm looking at how aggressively "authorities" acted against religion (especially Christianity which we all know is treated with abject bias) during the lockdowns, which was bad enough. When it comes to the LGBTQ cult, that has much more power and persuasion than a little ol' pandemic.
                    LGBTQ people are not a cult. They are people who have banded together to protect their rights in the political sphere.

As for Christianity being singled out during the pandemic, I think the hammer has fallen especially hard on the ultra-orthodox Jews in NY.

Comment

First it was, "We just want to be accepted for who we are. It's not like we're asking to get married."

Then it was, "We're just asking to get married. It's not like we're going to start forcing churches to marry us."

And now...
                      Absolutely no one is forcing churches to marry gay couples, and absolutely no one is demanding this. If you think otherwise, please post a link.

Expecting a wedding reception hall to host gay marriages is not the same thing. Businesses should not discriminate, by law.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

They already have those rights, this bill goes further stripping religious rights.

SEC. 1107. Claims.

“The Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993 (42 U.S.C. 2000bb et seq.) shall not provide a claim concerning, or a defense to a claim under, a covered title, or provide a basis for challenging the application or enforcement of a covered title.”.
                        You want to allow people to discriminate, using religion as an excuse. When did Jesus do anything like that?

Comment

You've fallen for the lie that homosexuals were ever denied rights that were enjoyed by everybody else. There's a big difference between "I should have the right to choose how I live" and "I should have the right to force you to embrace how I choose to live." The latter is the premise behind the homosexual agenda.

There is a difference between tolerance that does not interfere in the lives of others, and embracing the details of how they choose to live.

Comment

Cool, cause that's what's being objected to, and that's what the birdbrained wokefoke are pushing.
                            I also have issues with trans women competing in women's sports. I don't know what the solution is.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

As for Christianity being singled out during the pandemic, I think the hammer has fallen especially hard on the ultra-orthodox Jews in NY.
                              This is true in NY. I was speaking more broadly. There were pastors that were actually put in prison for not following pandemic mandates, though the church did acquiescence for the most part to the wishes of the state, most likely because of the widespread fear and hysteria. I'm sure much of the church will acquiescence to wishes of the state in regards to this policy, but others won't, and I suspect the treatment will be much harsher and consequential than not following pandemic mandates.

Comment

History of the gay rights movement says otherwise.

Gatekeeping Christianity. Nice one.
                                If you want to see gatekeeping in action, check the thread on Biden's memorandum on abortion. I had to change my affiliation from Christian.

Comment