Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

California bill would fine stores for having separate sections for Boys and Girls.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

They'll probably recall those boxes and replace them with the neutered version. The decision to neuter Mr Potato Head has already been announced.
    The box on you're link shows "Mr Potato Head" on the bottom right (bottom left when viewing) of the box. Since I'm not non-binary, I don't have a problem with a company pandering to certain groups to expand it's market base and getting more sales. If I was non-binary, I would be insulted and angry as it would be the pandering to my identity in order to expand it's market vase and getting more sales.

Liberals get confused and think companies care about people. Companies care about happy stockholders and stockholders care about resell stock price and dividends.

It's like not selling to black customers, complete stupidity. Money is neither white nor black, neither liberal nor conservative.
    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Now they can sell a different version for all 57 genders!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        California is certifiably insane.

California Bill Would Fine Stores $1,000 for Having Separate Boys and Girls Sections

By Matt Margolis Feb 24, 2021 5:34 PM ET

(AP Photo/Richard Drew)
        With all other problems in their state solved, California Assembly Members Evan Low (D–Cupertino) and Cristina Garcia (D–Los Angeles) have introduced a bill that would require all stores to have a unisex section for children’s clothing and products in the name of “inclusivity” or whatever.

“Brick-and-mortar shops would have to display the majority of their products and clothing aimed at children in one undivided, unisex area on the sales floor,” reports Reason. “They’d also be barred from putting up signage that would indicate whether a product was intended for a boy or girl.”

The bill doesn’t just target brick-and-mortar shops either. California-based retailers would also be required to include a page on their website that presents the aforementioned products in a gender-neutral way, with the section being titled “kids,” “unisex,” or “gender-neutral.”

Low introduced a similar bill last year, arguing that children must be “able to express themselves without bias,” but the bill was sidelined to prioritize COVID-related efforts.

As ridiculous as this idea is, what’s even more offensive is that stores that dare to keep dresses in a separate girls’ section would be subject to a $1,000 fine. The policy would only apply to stores with over 500 employees.
        https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...tions-n1428091

I agree that this is ridiculous. This will result in combining existing sections to make one huge section making it harder to find specific things. Right now, my 2 year old granddaughter likes pink and purple, so I know where to go for that. If I want rugged shoes for her, I might go to the boys' section.

Does this mean the women's and men's sections will also have to be combined? What about underwear?

I expect this directive will disappear in short order.

Comment

Just in case any readers of this thread are interested in a more accurate version of the "Mr. Potato Head" crisis that has so enraged Donald Trump supporters...

there is still going to be a Mr. Potato Head and Mrs. Potato Head. The toy line "Mr. Potato Head" is being renamed "Potato Head" to reflect the fact that not all Potato Heads are male. In fact, not all are "human", since there is, for example, a Star Wars line of Potato Heads that includes Chewbacca.
          "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
          "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Now they can sell a different version for all 57 genders!
            Have a "special series of gender neutral accessories" for just a few dollars more!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If there's any way to get repeated toy sales by offering slightly different products, you know toy manufacturers will do it. (Speaking as someone who has had to obtain plastic replicas of all seven Paw Patrol pups, plus the ancillary characters.)
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

They are determined to create a generation of Neuters who are all completely lacking of any identity that they can mold them into good obedient political puppets.
                Of course the following images in no way determine behaviours and expectations.

"It ain't necessarily so
                The things that you're liable
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life
                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  If there's any way to get repeated toy sales by offering slightly different products, you know toy manufacturers will do it. (Speaking as someone who has had to obtain plastic replicas of all seven Paw Patrol pups, plus the ancillary characters.)
                  How about Barbie dolls? The same doll with different hair and outfits, and every girl has to have a dozen or so.

Comment

Does the bill have any support or is this just another case of "some random representative introduced a goofy bill that has no hope of actually passing" that the news media gives undue attention to?

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Of course the following images in no way determine behaviours and expectations.
                      George has kitchen and check-out toys that feature boys as well. Way to cherry-pick.
                      Last edited by Diogenes; 02-26-2021, 07:57 PM.
                      P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

George has kitchen and check-out toys that feature boys as well. Way to cherry-pick.
                        Does a child model need to be in the advert?

However, there is still an emphasis on gender stereotyping in both toys and children's clothes.
                        "It ain't necessarily so
                        To read in the Bible
                        It ain't necessarily so
                        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

How about Barbie dolls? The same doll with different hair and outfits, and every girl has to have a dozen or so.
                          And Ken! And their houses and cars and boats and horses and....
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

And Ken! And their houses and cars and boats and horses and....
                            Yes but Ken is not a real man is he?
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Yes but Ken is not a real man is he?
                              I've never played with a Ken (or a GI Joe, or Barbie) but I understand that none of those dolls or figures are 'anatomically correct', if that's what you're asking.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

On the subject of children and gender. If anyone is interested this two part documentary from 2017 and available on Youtube [at least on Youtube over here] is well worth watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN5R2LWhTrY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp9Z26YgIrA
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment