Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Capitol Officer Who Shot Ashli Babbit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kccd View Post
    You think she should be made a saint? Or memorialized as a martyr to the cause?
    She should have been arrested, and charged to the fullest extent of the law -- same thing I say about the rioters this summer.

Yes, I know this sounds harsh, and I am not celebrating her death, but the fact is she was in the process of breaking and entering when she was shot.
    You don't even know the facts of the case. I bet you don't even care.

How many gun owners would not hesitate to shoot someone breaking into their home through a window? Especially if that person was part of an unruly mob?
    Obviously, you have no clue whatsoever of the actual situation. And to pretend that the same rules should apply to a scared home owner as opposed to a trained police officer is insane.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

pic.jpg
      Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

We know he's a "he" (so far, still identifying as such, as far as I know) and we know he's African-American, a Lieutenant, and been active duty police for quite a while.
      I guess he could be black, but he's very pasty-looking to me.
      Last edited by Ronson; 02-25-2021, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I think her death should be treated the same way that the deaths of people by police officers were treated all last year. I'm sure if this person was a black liberal you would be the first one to call her a martyr and a saint.

You are absolutely celebrating her death. You are a deplorable person.
        No, I would not have a different opinion if this were a black liberal breaking into the Capitol with a mob of people chanting threats.
        People who engage in threatening behavior and are in attack mode should be stopped.

I am sure that if this were a mob of black people at the Capitol that day, many more would have been shot, and there would have been lots of arrests right there and then.

I am not celebrating her death. She took a chance when she decided to participate in a violent insurrection, and she lost her life in the process. If she had chosen to stay outside on the Capitol grounds, or stayed home, she would not have died.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
          I agree with kccd on this. A person at the front of a mob - breaking into a federal building in our nation's capitol - is shot (once) by an officer and dies. I have no sympathy for the victim. And if more rioters were shot and killed during the Leftist violence last year, I would feel pretty much the same.
          Wouldn't you want to know the details of the case before making a judgment?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Those who did would likely be quickly arrested for manslaughter since at that point it would be hard to claim they were an immediate threat. After they had entered and kept advancing as you warned them to stop would be a different matter.
            Seriously? If someone is breaking into your house, you are supposed to wait until they get in to find out what they want, maybe over a cup of tea, before taking action?

Sure, if an unknown person knocks at your door, you do not shoot them as they could be lost, but if someone is breaking in, why would any sensible person wait until it would be harder to do anything?

Comment

No, I would not have a different opinion if this were a black liberal breaking into the Capitol with a mob of people chanting threats.
              People who engage in threatening behavior and are in attack mode should be stopped.

I am sure that if this were a mob of black people at the Capitol that day, many more would have been shot, and there would have been lots of arrests right there and then.

I am not celebrating her death. She took a chance when she decided to participate in a violent insurrection, and she lost her life in the process. If she had chosen to stay outside on the Capitol grounds, or stayed home, she would not have died.
              Wow -- a true baptized-in-pickle-juice liberal -- let's see how your logic works....

If Michael Brown had just stayed home and not robbed that convenient store, he would not have died.

Cool?

Comment

Wouldn't you want to know the details of the case before making a judgment?
                Unless the whole thing was staged (like that crazy video guy claims) then the details are pretty clear in the video. She was at the front of a mob and was the first to start climbing in through a broken-out window.

How does a solo cop stop a mob from overwhelming him? You drop the leader in his (her) tracks. No one else came through that window after that.

Comment

With deadly force, right?

I see you are one of those who can read the minds of other people. Obviously you KNOW she was there to be part of the violent mob, instead of just being caught up in the emotion. You know, just like those "innocent" people caught up in last year's riots who looted and set businesses on fire and attacked police with all kinds of weapons.

Indeed, you are deplorable.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

So..... you're FOR police abuse of power now? Had she been black and the officer white, would you still make that ignorant statement?
                    Should we shoot ALL protestors? How bout those in the actual riots this summer --- mow 'em all down with machine guns, maybe?

The only thing consistent about liberals is how incredibly inconsistent they are.
                    There is a difference between protestors and someone engaged in violence.

There were some riots last year, but there were more peaceful protests. Yes, I think maybe more could have been done to curb the violence, but not machine guns. Maybe arresting officers who killed unarmed men would have quelled those protests and riots.

Comment

Seriously? If someone is breaking into your house, you are supposed to wait until they get in to find out what they want, maybe over a cup of tea, before taking action?

Sure, if an unknown person knocks at your door, you do not shoot them as they could be lost, but if someone is breaking in, why would any sensible person wait until it would be harder to do anything?
                      Police Officers are held to a much higher standard. They don't panic and shoot, then figure out what's going on. At least, that's how they're trained - deadly force as a last resort.

Comment

Even if they're in the house, if they are facing the other way from you the courts have ruled they can't at that moment be a threat and you can't claim self-defense. This has led many homeowners to argue, especially if it took place at night, that in the dark it is hard to tell if someone is facing you or has their back toward you.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

During the Kavanaugh hearings you had a large mob of protestors who stormed the Senate, many getting into where the hearings were taking place. Should they have been shot? What about those who forced their way onto the elevator with Senator Jeff Flake physically intimidating him and getting him to ask for yet another FBI investigation before the vote could take place? Gun 'em down like rabid animals?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

There is a difference between protestors and someone engaged in violence.
                            You mean like violently taking over a police station and trying to burn down a federal building and smashing storefront windows and taking over whole blocks of a city and throwing frozen water bottles at cops and setting police cars on fire and hurling rocks and bricks at cops... next you're gonna tell me they were "mostly peaceful protests".

There were some riots last year, but there were more peaceful protests.

We gots us a FAR LEFT LOONY liberal!!!

pp.jpg

Yes, I think maybe more could have been done to curb the violence, but not machine guns.
                            So.... you DON'T have a sense of humor!

Maybe arresting officers who killed unarmed men would have quelled those protests and riots.
                            Again - I'm consistent - if a cop kills somebody without good reason, he needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

But look how quickly you went to blaming the cops in this situation, but automatically demonize the UNARMED protester who was killed by the officer in DC.

You certainly are consistent in your wacky inconsistency!

Comment

You mean like violently taking over a police station and trying to burn down a federal building and smashing storefront windows and taking over whole blocks of a city and throwing frozen water bottles at cops and setting police cars on fire and hurling rocks and bricks at cops... next you're gonna tell me they were "mostly peaceful protests".

We gots us a FAR LEFT LOONY liberal!!!

pp.jpg

So.... you DON'T have a sense of humor!

Again - I'm consistent - if a cop kills somebody without good reason, he needs to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

But look how quickly you went to blaming the cops in this situation, but automatically demonize the UNARMED protester who was killed by the officer in DC.

You certainly are consistent in your wacky inconsistency!

The fact is that most of those protests were peaceful. Like the one in Lafayette Park that Trump dispersed with tear gas and projectiles so he could walk to the church and hold up a bible!
                              Some of those other protests were violent, and I agree that those people should have suffered serious consequences.
                              The RW seems to think all or most of those protests were violent, which is just not true. there is lots of evidence to the contrary.

https://acleddata.com/2020/09/03/dem...r-summer-2020/

The unarmed protestor who was killed was in the middle of a violent act when she was killed. As someone said, maybe you, it is easy to conceal a pistol, so the policeman could not have known at the time that she was unarmed, he could only judge by what she was doing.

Comment

The fact is that most of those protests were peaceful. Like the one in Lafayette Park that Trump dispersed with tear gas and projectiles so he could walk to the church and hold up a bible!
                                Some of those other protests were violent, and I agree that those people should have suffered serious consequences.
                                The RW seems to think all or most of those protests were violent, which is just not true. there is lots of evidence to the contrary.

https://acleddata.com/2020/09/03/dem...r-summer-2020/

The unarmed protestor who was killed was in the middle of a violent act when she was killed. As someone said, maybe you, it is easy to conceal a pistol, so the policeman could not have known at the time that she was unarmed, he could only judge by what she was doing.
                                What was the violent act she was doing when she was shot? Throwing frozen water bottles or bricks or rocks at the police?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment