Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Supporters Scare The Poop Out Of Dems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump Supporters Scare The Poop Out Of Dems...

https://www.theblaze.com/news/survey...crats-concerns
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

So 82% of Democrat-leaning voters surveyed have TDS, it's nice to have a quantification on that figure.
    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Propaganda is very powerful and effective device, especially in a culture inundated with media information overload like ours.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        Propaganda is very powerful and effective device, especially in a culture inundated with media information overload like ours.
        Maybe they're afraid of being bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
          Sure enough. About the scariest thing Trump ever did was make people be responsible for their own lives.

Of course, that is truly frightening for nanny-staters.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Maybe they're afraid of being bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher.
            Well our side does have all the guns, so....
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Sure enough. About the scariest thing Trump ever did was make people be responsible for their own lives.

Of course, that is truly frightening for nanny-staters.
              Like that Texas mayor who insisted that people who lost power and water should have been able to care for themselves?
              He was forced out.

And yeah, forcing people to go, for example, without a universal healthcare system leads to early deaths and bankruptcies that could have easily been prevented.

All of us live in a society that we are all responsible to support and maintain through our taxes, and we should expect some minimal benefits that accrue to each of us.

I don't see you anti-nanny-staters demanding an end to Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, military, police, fire-fighters, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Well our side does have all the guns, so....
                Yes, and your side carried those guns into the Michigan state house.

That did not happen in DC in part because DC has strict gun control laws, and people seen carrying would have been arrested. The injuries would have been much worse had the insurrectionists been carrying guns.

And yes, we know you have the guns. Why is this something to brag about? What do you intend to do with those guns? Try to overturn the USA?

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

Like that Texas mayor who insisted that people who lost power and water should have been able to care for themselves?
                  He was forced out.

And yeah, forcing people to go, for example, without a universal healthcare system leads to early deaths and bankruptcies that could have easily been prevented.

All of us live in a society that we are all responsible to support and maintain through our taxes, and we should expect some minimal benefits that accrue to each of us.

I don't see you anti-nanny-staters demanding an end to Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, military, police, fire-fighters, etc.
                  Laughing.... let's see - I've paid into Social Security all my life, so that's not "free", we need our military to defend our country, and the police and fire provide tangible services that none of us could provide on our own, and no reasonable person* would oppose.

*obviously, that doesn't include the DefundPolice crowd.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Trump supporters stormed the Capitol, our seat of government, to try to overturn an election.
                    Trump supporters stormed the State House in Michigan while heavily armed, and also plotted to kidnap the governor.
                    A Trump supporter sent bombs to Trump critics.
                    Trump supporters cheer locking up people who have not been charged with any crime.
                    Trump supporters threaten newspapermen.
                    White supremacists routinely thank Trump for his support.

So, yes, the rest of the country has reason to fear Trump supporters.

OTOH, immigrants, legal and illegal, commit fewer crimes than native born Americans.

Comment

He was forced out.
                      That's got nothing to do with Trump. Biden is president now, you should blame him for Texas weather.

The federal government should be protecting our freedoms, not endangering them. That's what Democrats do.

I've been forcibly paying into SS for nearly 50 years. You're dang right I want some of my money back. I hate to think how much money I'd have now if it wasn't wrestled from me by Uncle Sam.

Comment

Laughing.... let's see - I've paid into Social Security all my life, so that's not "free", we need our military to defend our country, and the police and fire provide tangible services that none of us could provide on our own, and no reasonable person* would oppose.

Not to mention police and fire protection are local issues, and have nothing to do with the federal government.

Comment

Trump supporters stormed the Capitol, our seat of government, to try to overturn an election.
                          Trump supporters stormed the State House in Michigan while heavily armed, and also plotted to kidnap the governor.
                          A Trump supporter sent bombs to Trump critics.
                          Trump supporters cheer locking up people who have not been charged with any crime.
                          Trump supporters threaten newspapermen.
                          White supremacists routinely thank Trump for his support.

So, yes, the rest of the country has reason to fear Trump supporters.

OTOH, immigrants, legal and illegal, commit fewer crimes than native born Americans.
                          Good thing CNN keeps you tuned in to all of that.

Comment

Yes I am laughing.

Many if not most people who pay into SS get much more in benefits than what they paid in. Same for Medicare. That money comes from the rest of us.
                            This is also how insurance works. Some people have chronic illnesses that require lots of care while others stay healthy. But both should have insurance.
                            So why not extend Medicare to cover everyone? Everyone would pay in and have the same basic level of care. Just like Social Security works. A healthy country is a prosperous country.

You are making my point. We all pay taxes, so we should all get the same basic benefits of citizenship.

There is no actual crowd wanting to Defund the Police. Certainly no one in the current administration.

As for reasonable people, that Texas mayor insisted that people should be able to provide their own electricity and water in an emergency! Because that is what responsible people can do!

Comment

Yes, and your side carried those guns into the Michigan state house.
                              Anybody who actually did deserves to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

That did not happen in DC in part because DC has strict gun control laws, and people seen carrying would have been arrested. The injuries would have been much worse had the insurrectionists been carrying guns.

No, it's because the vast majority did not intend to do any harm, and those who did should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

And yes, we know you have the guns.
                              What you don't know is how many or where.

Why is this something to brag about? What do you intend to do with those guns? Try to overturn the USA?
                              Let's take the Jan 6 thing --- IF that big crowd really did want to take over the Capitol, they would have had guns, and DC's silly gun laws would not have prevented that.
                              If DC's gun laws are so wonderful, why this....

DC’s Murder Rate Reaches Its Highest Number in 15 Years

Last night's shooting of a one-year-old boy brings the total number of 2020 homicides to 187.

187 people have been killed in DC this year, making the city’s homicide count the highest it’s been since 2005. The most recent death was last night’s fatal shooting of a one-year-old boy near the Prince George’s County border, after someone opened fire on a car occupied by the child.

That means there has already been a 20 percent increase in homicides in DC, and the year isn’t over yet. While overall crime is down 18 percent (mostly due to reductions in sex abuse, and general theft), numbers for some other violations have risen. Assault from a dangerous weapon is up 5 percent, and motor vehicle theft has jumped by 47 percent.

Last I checked, the Mayor of DC was a Democrat, yes?

Comment