Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden signs memorandum reversing Trump abortion access restrictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

A positive step forward against the formation of Christina theocracy.
    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• Originally posted by kccd View Post

No. There are clearly contradictory claims in the Bible. There are two orders of creation in Genesis. There are 4 very different tellings of the events on Easter Sunday morning that cannot be reconciled. There is celebration of wealth as a gift of God, and condemnation of wealth with the direction to give it all to the poor.

Pick the passage that aligns with your views and ignore the rest.
      This is the kind of answer people give when they know the Bible doesn't support their personal beliefs.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Shouldn't you be doing that after service, and at someone's house?
        Well, not me, but, yeah.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

A positive step forward against the formation of Christina theocracy.
          Who's Christina, and why don't you like her?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

That's something that should have been considered when she allowed her body to be used as a receptacle for the introduction of sperm.
            I never pegged you as a romantic.

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post

I never pegged you as a romantic.
              I was taught not to kiss and tell.

(well, I figgered out kissin on my own)

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Who's Christina, and why don't you like her?
                Sorry for the typo.

A positive step forward against the formation of Christian theocracy.
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Sorry for the typo.

Got news for you, shuny. There will never be a "Christian" theocracy. So you can stop being afraid of it.

There IS going to be a Theocracy, though. That one you might want to be terrified about,

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Got news for you, shuny. There will never be a "Christian" theocracy. So you can stop being afraid of it.

There IS going to be a Theocracy, though. That one you might want to be terrified about,
                    The Christian Theocracy is the only one of any concern,
                    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Sorry for the typo.

Oh, and btw, how do you think that murder of millions of innocent unborn children will prevent a "Christian" theocracy? Do you have some secret information that tells you that only the babies of Christians will be murdered sometime in the not too distant future?

I'm sure everybody here is wondering where you're going with thus "progression".

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Christians have more legitimate worry about being socially and politically ostracised than you do about The Handmaid's Tale becoming a reality.

Edit: Muslims pose a much more credible threat than Christians.
                        Last edited by Diogenes; 02-28-2021, 09:31 AM.
                        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

As I said, there will never be one of those. As I said, you need to be really, really concerned about the one where Christ is ruling this earth.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I agree with you there won't be any theocracy established anytime soon. The world isn't down with religious rule of any type, be it Christian, Islamic, or Church of Scientology.

What concerns me more is religion not being able to distinguish between the sanctity of preborn life and post-birth life.

https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-bl...hes-for-hungry

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1EX1ZZ

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-touch/610333/

Christopher Hitchens called this fatalism as "gleeful enthusiasm for the apocalypse," which you basically confirmed by referencing a supernatural order you clearly wish is just around the corner.

Comment

I agree with you there won't be any theocracy established anytime soon. The world isn't down with religious rule of any type, be it Christian, Islamic, or Church of Scientology.

What concerns me more is religion not being able to distinguish between the sanctity of preborn life and post-birth life.

Christopher Hitchens called this fatalism as "gleeful enthusiasm for the apocalypse," which you basically confirmed by referencing a supernatural order you clearly wish is just around the corner.
                              I'd be fine with defunding Planned Parenthood, the NEA, the NEH, anything over $150,000 of federal salaries to fund programs like CHIP.
                              P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Yeah, you should be really, really fearful of that day, too.

Comment