Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Former Cuomo Aide Says She Resigned After He Forcibly Kissed Her

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I think it depends on degree and circumstances. If you see someone you just don't like being ganged up unfairly I think most decent folks might try to stop it. OTOH, if you see someone just caught committing a heinous act being ganged up on you might not lift a finger in their defense unless it goes too far.
    Cuomo should be removed from office if he does not resign, and he is loosing support in the Democratic Party. . Trump should have been removed from office, the Republican party blinded supported him regardless of his crimes and behavior.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post

Cuomo should be removed from office if he does not resign, and he is loosing support in the Democratic Party. . Trump should have been removed from office, the Republican party blinded supported him regardless of his crimes and behavior.
      Trump is still living rent-free in your head. Good thing there's plenty of room.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Pressure continues...

The NY Post has been covering this but it doesn't seem like I've seen much more than the NYT summarizing what's been going on -- playing catch up.

My local media, print and tv, has been giving this pretty good coverage. And this morning, I was flipping by CNN and they actually had a substantive segment on what is happening. They may be playing catch-up as well.

In other news, the NY legislature is set to scale back Cuomo's emergency powers. The headlines say strip but when you read the details, it more a scale back. Still, must be a bit of a humiliation for Governor Saint Cuomo the Great.
        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

My local media, print and tv, has been giving this pretty good coverage. And this morning, I was flipping by CNN and they actually had a substantive segment on what is happening. They may be playing catch-up as well.

In other news, the NY legislature is set to scale back Cuomo's emergency powers. The headlines say strip but when you read the details, it more a scale back. Still, must be a bit of a humiliation for Governor Saint Cuomo the Great.
          It's just amazing that major 'news' outlets have to be dragged kicking and creaming to do their jobs.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It's just amazing that major 'news' outlets have to be dragged kicking and creaming to do their jobs.
            It's like how, after insisting for four years that Trump was Putin's lap dog, CNN host Fareed Zakaria admitted what he called it "the dirty little secret about the Trump Administration" -- that "the Trump Administration was pretty tough on the Russians. They armed Ukraine, they armed the Poles. They extended NATO operations and exercises in ways that even the Obama Administration had not done. They maintained the sanctions."

Once they feel it safe to do so, that it can no longer benefit the Democrats, they start reporting on actual facts again.

Look at how long it took for them to finally admit that Bill Clinton was a licentious lecher. Nearly two decades.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm wonder if Andrew Cuomo has to resign, how long until CNN parts ways with Chris Cuomo.
              "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

Comment

I'm wonder if Andrew Cuomo has to resign, how long until CNN parts ways with Chris Cuomo.
                Is Andrew the only (or primary) reason they had Chris?

Comment

I don't know the reason CNN hired Chris. Won't surprise me if it isn't part of the reason. Look among the elites how often someone gets hired because they're related to someone important.

Comment

I don't know the reason CNN hired Chris. Won't surprise me if it isn't part of the reason. Look among the elites how often someone gets hired because they're related to someone important.
                    That is pretty much how the Biden clan have all become millionaires.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Fredo might be riding on the coattails of Mario's legacy. I figure that's why Andrew got elected as well.

Comment

Andrew Como chokes up as he apologizes over sexual harassment charges, but says he will not resign. He insisted that he "didn't touch anyone" and claims "kissing people is my customary way of greeting."

Source: Gov. Cuomo Says He Will Not Resign Amid Sexual Harassment Allegations: 'I Never Touched Anyone Inappropriately'

Choked-Up Governor Apologizes For Making 'People Feel Uncomfortable,' Says He Is 'Embarrassed'

Gov. Andrew Cuomo addressed the mounting sexual harassment allegations against him Wednesday, saying he "never touched anyone inappropriately."

"I now understand that I acted in a way that made people feel uncomfortable. It was unintentional and I truly and deeply apologize for it," he said. "I feel awful about it and, frankly, I am embarrassed by it."

"I’m not going to resign. I work for the people of the state of New York," he said.

The governor faces allegations from three women in their 20s and 30s, including two who worked with him at different times.

The latest woman, Anna Ruch, met Cuomo at a wedding for one of his top aides, Gareth Rhodes. She claimed to The New York Times the governor touched her face and kissed her inappropriately.

CBS2’s political reporter Marcia Kramer asked Cuomo about a photo that surfaced showing him holding Ruch’s face. He call it his “customary way of greeting.”

"You can find hundreds of pictures of me making the same gesture with hundreds of people -- women, men, children, etc.," he replied. "What I also understand is it doesn’t matter, it doesn’t matter my intent. What matters is if anybody was offended by it."

After the allegations surfaced Monday, Rhodes’ wife expressed support for Ruch on social media, saying "I am so proud of Anna for sharing her story. This pattern of behavior is completely unacceptable." Rhodes has since left the governor’s office and returned to the state Department of Financial Services.

Lindsey Boylan and Charlotte Bennett, two former aides who came forward with allegations of their own, responded to Cuomo’s remarks after Wednesday’s briefing.

"How can New Yorkers trust you to lead our state if you 'don’t know' when you’ve been inappropriate with your own staff?" tweeted Boylan, who is running for Manhattan borough president.

"The Governor’s press conference was full of falsehoods and inaccurate information, and New Yorkers deserve better," Bennett’s attorney said in a statement.

Meanwhile, the governor is also on the verge of losing some of his emergency powers during the pandemic. The Legislature’s deal to scale back his executive powers could be voted on as early as Friday, while the move has been considered for weeks.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

[*Includes video of 40 minute press conference and four minutes recap/analysis by local CBS news crew*]

Mediate claims that a new Emerson poll as Cuomo down to 38% favorable and 48% unfavorable rating. Last April the same firm had his approval rating at 71% for his performance during the Chicom coronavirus pandemic.

Furthermore, the rats are starting to abandon ship: Liberal journalists, pundits delete fawning Cuomo tweets. New York based journalists who were tripping over themselves trying to curry favor with what appeared to be a rising star among Democrats, are now deleting tweets and disowning articles where they gushed over him.

And Cuomo's rival, NYC's mayor Bill de Blasio, is not missing any opportunities to criticize Cuomo. According to Politico:

De Blasio has called Cuomo’s alleged behavior “grotesque,” “perverse” and “terrifying,” saying Tuesday that he must resign if sexual harassment accusations lodged by multiple women are substantiated.

“If these allegations are true, he cannot govern,” the mayor told reporters.

And finally, wrt questions about his brother "Fredo" who hosts a show on CNN: How is Chris Cuomo still on the air at CNN?

Source: How is Chris Cuomo still on the air at CNN?

Is there a bigger joke in broadcast news than Chris Cuomo?

Now, he says, he cannot cover his brother, Gov. Andrew Cuomo, because it’s a conflict of interest. You don’t say? Apparently no such conflict arose when Chris constantly hosted his brother during the height of the pandemic, tastelessly turning his nightly news show into “The Cuomo Brothers Variety Hour.”

The governor took time out of his busy schedule -- consisting of daily ego baths dressed up as press conferences and writing a book about leadership while allegedly sexually harassing at least one young employee and eugenically shunting old people with COVID into nursing homes and certain death -- to answer hard-hitting questions and accusations such as these, posed by little brother Chris:

"No matter how hard you’re working, there’s always time to call Mom. She wants to hear from you."

"You know that what people are saying about how you look really can’t be accurate, so it must be hard for you to make sense of what is real and what is true now. I feel for you."

"Now I’ve seen you referred to a little bit recently as the LuvGuv and I’m wondering if that’s bleeding into your demeanor at all and making you a little soft on the president?"

"Do you think you are an attractive person now because you’re single and ready to mingle?" (Those last two haven’t aged well at all.)

This unethical coverage, by the way, was cheered on by the mass media: The "Today" show, Oprahmag.com, NBC News, USA Today -- to name a few -- heartily endorsed it.

"That is one thing the Cuomo brothers do: They love one other," New York Times media columnist Ben Smith wrote last April. "On March 30, the day a Navy hospital ship arrived in New York, they said, 'I love you,' twice each, in quick succession."

This reads more like a soggy diary entry written by a teenage girl.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

The article continues getting better/worse as it starts to get into what was going on at the same time this love fest was taking place.

Last edited by rogue06; 03-03-2021, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Continuing the Cuomo Political Death Watch...

One of his accusers was on CBS last night. She wasn't impressed with his apology.

Another article I read this morning says an insider says the fight has gone out of him. The article also says a lot Democrats are now looking to use the situation to their advantage. His alliances and ability to bend the legislature to his will is going fast.

I wonder if he'll be out of office before Newsome.

Comment

Continuing the Cuomo Political Death Watch...

One of his accusers was on CBS last night. She wasn't impressed with his apology.

Another article I read this morning says an insider says the fight has gone out of him. The article also says a lot Democrats are now looking to use the situation to their advantage. His alliances and ability to bend the legislature to his will is going fast.

I wonder if he'll be out of office before Newsome.
                            One was complaining about his remark of not being aware of having bothered her being B.S. since she immediately filed an official complaint which he would have had to respond to.

Meanwhile, according to a poll conducted earlier this week by Quinnipiac University, 55% of New Yorkers don't want to see him resign as governor. OTOH, even a larger percentage, 59%, don't want him to run for reelection.

Comment

And tonight on my local news, I found out this. Cuomo's emergency powers were set to expire on April 30th. As part of the scale back, that expiration date has been removed and his powers go on indefinitely. He can't issue new orders, but he has no restraints on any changing, expanding, or extending any order he currently has in effect. So now NY has a dictator for life.

No wonder people don't trust politicians.

Comment

Trump is still living rent-free in your head. Good thing there's plenty of room.
                                Huh?!?!?! No response.

No Trump will be dancing around in his new multi million dollar mansion.
                                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment