Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Former Cuomo Aide Says She Resigned After He Forcibly Kissed Her

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Cuomo Aide Says She Resigned After He Forcibly Kissed Her

Former Cuomo Aide Says She Resigned After He Forcibly Kissed Her

He's definitely on his way out. His whole house of cards is crashing down, but much of this was known BEFORE the election!

Lindsey Boylan, a former aide to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, says she resigned after he forcibly kissed her during a meeting.

While Boylan—who is running for Manhattan Borough President—had previously accused Cuomo of repeated harassment, she did not offer any details until she published a Medium post on Wednesday.

“My boss soon informed me that the Governor had a ‘crush’ on me,” Boylan wrote. “It was an uncomfortable but all-too-familiar feeling: the struggle to be taken seriously by a powerful man who tied my worth to my body and my appearance.”

Boylan also alleged that Cuomo had compared her to a former girlfriend, and asked her to play strip poker. “Telling my truth isn’t about seeking revenge. I was proud to work in the Cuomo Administration. For so long I had looked up to the Governor. But his abusive behavior needs to stop,” she wrote.

Last week, New York State Assemblyman Ron Kim, a Democrat, alleged Cuomo had threatened to “destroy” him after he called for an investigation into Cuomo’s COVID-19 nursing home response.

After the New York Post published audio of Cuomo aide Melissa DeRosa admitting to undercounting deaths in nursing homes, several state legislators have called on him to be stripped of his emergency powers.

Cuomo’s office did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Boylan’s allegations.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

#MeToo died the moment former Senate aide Tara Reade accused old Joe

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

We should believe all women, unless they accuse a Democrat.

P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

I don't see how he survives this, politically.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think they also want to eliminate Cuomo now so he won't be a competitor to Biden/Harris in 2024.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            But, but, he was supposed to be president some day!
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              I think they also want to eliminate Cuomo now so he won't be a competitor to Biden/Harris in 2024.
              That shouldn't require a scandal. The national DNC can just direct state parties to cancel the primaries to protect the incumbent, like the Republicans did for Trump in 2020.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

That shouldn't require a scandal. The national DNC can just direct state parties to cancel the primaries to protect the incumbent, like the Republicans did for Trump in 2020.
                Because there were serious contenders running against him

If you want to seriously discuss rigging primaries you could at the least cite an example of one where it could have actually affected the outcome, like the 2016 coronation of Hillary. You know where they rigged it so Hillary would still get the most delegates from states where she lost, and gave her the questions to be asked in debates so that she had plenty of time to craft her answers and check them out in front of focus groups.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  I think you got the most likely reason all the sudden there is piling on Cuomo. While the nursing home scandal was smoldering, this pretty much broke out after January 20. I've seen a couple more pile on Cuomo articles today.

Also, the Progressives have the NY AG in position to run. On the radio, I heard one local commentator call her post-Daniel Prude grand jury decision (they decided not to indict the officers by the way) as a campaign speech for her run for governor.
                  "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

I think you got the most likely reason all the sudden there is piling on Cuomo. While the nursing home scandal was smoldering, this pretty much broke out after January 20. I've seen a couple more pile on Cuomo articles today.

Also, the Progressives have the NY AG in position to run. On the radio, I heard one local commentator call her post-Daniel Prude grand jury decision (they decided not to indict the officers by the way) as a campaign speech for her run for governor.
                    Then the smart political move would have been to wait awhile until it was closer to the election so that the more moderate wing of the party wouldn't have any real chance of grooming a replacement. What they're doing now (that is IF the more liberal wing is the ones behind it) is making it more likely Cuomo might be forced out of office or at the very least make it clear he won't seek reelection, thereby paving the way for a less leftist replacement to step up as a contender.

My suspicions are that Bloomberg is behind this. The two of them apparently despise each other and FWIU last year Cuomo was blaming Bloomberg for virtually any problems that New York was having combating the Chicom coronavirus and the latter would likely like to pay Cuomo back for that.

While Bloomberg is definitely from the more liberal wing of the party, again FWIU, he has virtually no chance of winning a statewide election and he knows it so if he is the one pushing this now it wouldn't be due to just wanting to beat up the competition, but as I said, more for personal payback.

I'll note that I don't have any intimate knowledge of NY politics or even follow it so these observations come from an outsider looking in.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Because there were serious contenders running against him

If you want to seriously discuss rigging primaries you could at the least cite an example of one where it could have actually affected the outcome, like the 2016 coronation of Hillary. You know where they rigged it so Hillary would still get the most delegates from states where she lost, and gave her the questions to be asked in debates so that she had plenty of time to craft her answers and check them out in front of focus groups.
                      Well, no, there couldn't be any serious contenders because the announcements were made almost immediately after anybody announced; immediately preventing their campaigns from gaining traction to qualify in that category. Joe Walsh was more than a random nobody. It's certainly impossible that anybody would have won in this case though.

The point of my point wasn't to criticize what the Republicans did but rather to suggest what the Democrats could do. The reasoning given by the Republicans was simply that one does not primary a presidential incumbent, and the same reasoning can be given here.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

Well, no, there couldn't be any serious contenders because the announcements were made almost immediately after anybody announced; immediately preventing their campaigns from gaining traction to qualify in that category. Joe Walsh was more than a random nobody. It's certainly impossible that anybody would have won in this case though.

The point of my point wasn't to criticize what the Republicans did but rather to suggest what the Democrats could do. The reasoning given by the Republicans was simply that one does not primary a presidential incumbent, and the same reasoning can be given here.
                        Typically serious contenders are evident well before any official announcement, which is effectively a formality. Walsh was more of a "Joe who?" Don't think so? Google his name and you'll find that he isn't even the first one that pops up with that name.

Comment

Maybe they should have primaried Trump, given that he lost. Doing so might have pointed out any lack of support ahead of time.

Comment

cuomo.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              I think the rules are different nowadays. Everybody thought Trump was done after the Access Hollywood Tapes, and then after the Capitol riot, and any number of times... people have short memories. If he can come back after being largely disavowed by his own party twice, Cuomo can come back, especially given that he is getting handled a lot differently by the media. Right now, people are still talking more about Ted Cruz than Cuomo. CNN will be more than happy to cover for Cuomo once the time is ready.
                              Last edited by KingsGambit; 02-24-2021, 05:04 PM.

Comment