Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Former Cuomo Aide Says She Resigned After He Forcibly Kissed Her

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So now Cuomo claims his remarks were "playful", and were misunderstood.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      So now Cuomo claims his remarks were "playful", and were misunderstood.
      It's the second step in handling these accusations. Yes I might have done something but it was misunderstood. The next step would be admitting he messed up.
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

The knives are out. Pelosi says the harassment claims are credible

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          #MeToo died the moment former Senate aide Tara Reade accused old Joe
          Based on what's happened in the week, I'd say #Me Too is back. However it's only back because it's convenient for the Progressives to clear path for their nominee (NY AG James) for Governor of NY in 2022.
          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

Comment

Third Accuser: Gov Cuomo accused of sexual harassment by THIRD woman who claims he grabbed her face & said 'can I kiss you?' at wedding at the same time a creepy video of Cuomo in 2016 telling a reporter to "eat the whole sausage" has emerged.

Add to it that both of New York's Democratic U.S. Senators are publicly embracing the state attorney general’s developing investigation into Cuomo's behavior but so far the only Democrat from New York’s congressional delegation to explicitly call for Cuomo’s resignation has been Rep. Kathleen Rice.

And it looks like the spotlight is starting to shift to the Lieutenant Governor Kathy Hochul as a possible replacement

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

There is no possible about it. Kathy Hochul will be the replacement and designated seat warmer until the 2022 election.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                There is no possible about it. Kathy Hochul will be the replacement and designated seat warmer until the 2022 election.
                Any possibility of her building up a strong following?

Comment

Wow, democrats are turning on a governor when the impact of removing them seems relatively "safe" from a political standpoint. Imagine that.

Comment

Any possibility of her building up a strong following?
                    Anything could happen but unlikely. She's from Buffalo and the center of power is NYC. Since she's from the city, the NY AG James will be elected governor in 2022.

Comment

Source: Cuomo Assures Public He Always Kept Mask On While Sexually Harassing Women

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo apologized this weekend for his long-standing habit of sexually abusing young women he holds power over. And while that all sounds quite bad, Governor Cuomo did make it clear to the public that he always wore a mask and socially distanced during these interactions-- a fact that has some folks saying he should get off free.

"I have the greatest respect for my employees," Cuomo explained during a press conference. "Especially the girls -- we’ve got a lot of young girls on staff who do a really good job." Cuomo paused for a moment and seemed to wink at someone offscreen. "And I can guarantee you right now, sure I might be a sexual predator, but not once did I remove my mask, never once broke the six-foot rule during conversations with my girls -- at least in 2020. Isn’t that right, Kelly?"

Cuomo went on to explain how some of his sexual jokes may not have landed with the women since they couldn’t see his facial expressions. He also claimed that the women may have misheard him since his words were muffled by his mask and they were standing so far apart.

"Do I regret making those comments?" Cuomo asked as he stood up to leave the press conference. "No. Now if you’ll excuse me I’ve got some strip poker, er-- I mean poker, to play."

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

... at the same time a creepy video of Cuomo in 2016 telling a reporter to "eat the whole sausage" has emerged.
                        I'm giving Cuomo a pass on this one. His daughter is sitting next to him. There is little chance he meant anything sexual with his comment in front of her - especially since the conversation was about being able to eat an entire large sandwich that contained a sausage.

I once said something completely innocent that was misconstrued by dirty minds and it haunted me for a while. I suspect that is what happened here.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I'm giving Cuomo a pass on this one. His daughter is sitting next to him. There is little chance he meant anything sexual with his comment in front of her - especially since the conversation was about being able to eat an entire large sandwich that contained a sausage.

I once said something completely innocent that was misconstrued by dirty minds and it haunted me for a while. I suspect that is what happened here.
                          One of the most common responses has been drawing attention to the look on the daughter's face when he said it. It's a classic "Eww... Dad! Gross!" look.

Comment

The "I was joking" NON-apology has fallen flat - it's getting close!
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

One of the most common responses has been drawing attention to the look on the daughter's face when he said it. It's a classic "Eww... Dad! Gross!" look.
                              I'll look again, but I don't recall see any particular expression on her face. But even if she did have an "ewww" expression, that would be her interpretation of the comment and not necessarily his intent.

Don't get me wrong, I cannot stand either of the Cuomo brothers. But in this circumstance I believe he is being convicted on weak evidence. I just can't imagine many fathers intentionally making such a lewd reference in front of their daughters.

Comment

Pressure continues...

Source: Andrew Cuomo was quick to tell others to resign over sex harass claims

Gov. Andrew Cuomo has been quick to call for the resignations of powerful Albany lawmakers accused of sexually harassing aides — including known harassers Vito Lopez, Micah Kellner and Dennis Gabryszak — but refuses to heed his own advice now that he’s the one facing multiple claims, critics argue.

The third-term Democratic governor faces three accusations of sexual harassment of his own within the last week, and has been called on by Democrats and Republicans alike to step down.

"Shouldn’t the governor, the most powerful official in New York, be held to at least the same ethical standard as an Assembly member?" said John Kaehny, executive director of watchdog group Reinvent Albany.

"Not so long ago, Governor Cuomo demanded that two Assembly members 'immediately deny' allegation of sexual harassment or resign. Powerful words. Does the governor hold himself to the same standard?"

In 2012, Cuomo demanded that Brooklyn Assemblyman Vito Lopez resign from his post after two female aides accused him of groping, kissing and verbally abusing them.

"Sexual harassment at the workplace cannot be tolerated in any shape or form … these are serious allegations and if true, the governor believes he should resign," Cuomo spokesman Josh Vlasto said at the time.

Cuomo even threatened to intervene in an investigation run by the state’s Joint Commission on Public Ethics, when it came to light that ex-Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver -- now sitting in federal prison on unrelated corruption charges -- quietly approved a settlement between Lopez and aides.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

[*Story continues at link above*]

The NY Post has been covering this but it doesn't seem like I've seen much more than the NYT summarizing what's been going on -- playing catch up.

Comment