Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Vaccination Rollout: Red States Outpace Blue States

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaccination Rollout: Red States Outpace Blue States

Vaccination Rollout: Red States Outpace Blue States

Last Friday, during President Biden’s G7 debut, he announced a $4 billion program to assist in the distribution of coronavirus vaccine to poor nations. This is more than a little ironic, considering the chaotic vaccine rollout over which he has presided in the United States. It is particularly so in view of the ineptitude with which Biden’s fellow Democrats in blue states have managed their distribution programs, which have been far less efficient than their red state counterparts. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), for example, West Virginia has delivered twice as many full (two-dose) vaccinations per 100,000 residents than has California.

Indeed, according to news reports, the Golden State’s disorganized vaccine distribution rollout is an important reason the initiative to recall Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom has continued gaining momentum. Inevitably, Newsom blames former President Trump for his own incompetent vaccine rollout, but this is just as preposterous as the whoppers Biden and Vice President Harris have told about the vaccine distribution plan they inherited from the Trump administration. The reality is that Democrats at both the state and federal levels are better at making promises than making things go. Meanwhile, the efficiency of West Virginia under the leadership of GOP Gov. Jim Justice, has been noted even by the Washington Post:
    West Virginia has one of the lowest per capita incomes in the United States — along with some of the highest levels of chronic illnesses — but it has been among the most prolific in protecting its residents against the novel coronavirus … the governor has closely managed the process of determining who gets priority while giving counties far less leeway than in other states to make their own rules … That ethos has helped propel his state to a position that much wealthier and healthier states can only envy.

West Virginia is no outlier. As of this writing, the CDC reports that, under the leadership of Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis, Florida has delivered more full vaccines (6,896 per 100,000) than have perennial blue states like New York (6,004 per 100,000), New Jersey (5,746 per 100,000), Massachusetts (5,335 per 100,000), Illinois (4,422 per 100,000), Michigan (6,485 per 100,000), Minnesota (6,105 per 100,000), Washington (5,402 per 100,000), Oregon (6,302 per 100,000), and of course California (4,997 per 100,000). Only three blue states have managed to outpace Florida on vaccine distribution per 100,000 residents: New Mexico (9,289 per 100,000), Connecticut (7,595 per 100,000), and Vermont (7,214 per 100,000).

Despite the obvious success of Florida’s program, Democrats and the media have relentlessly criticized Gov. DeSantis for his handling of the vaccinations. The Sunshine State is home to a large percentage (20.5 percent) of people over 65, yet his critics insist that his policy of prioritizing seniors is politically motivated. The real problem, of course, is that his state is outperforming blue states. Morever, Florida and West Virginia aren’t the only red states whose rollouts are embarrassing their blue counterparts. The best-performing state in the union is Alaska, the only state to exceed more than 11,000 full vaccines per 100,000 residents. This is no mean accomplishment considering its geographic and transportation challenges:......

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Putting vaccination distribution aside, the contrast between Florida and California in its handling of the pandemic is yet another indictment against lockdown. Florida and California are about even in the numbers, yet California had the strictest lockdowns of all states and Florida has a much greater vulnerable population than California.

Comment

I just signed up to get the Vaccine. I get the first shot (Pfizer) in 1.5 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        I just signed up to get the Vaccine. I get the first shot (Pfizer) in 1.5 weeks.
        You realize they use actual demon blood in the processing of the vaccine, don't ya?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You realize they use actual demon blood in the processing of the vaccine, don't ya?
          I wouldn't quite expect you to be so glib about this topic.

Maybe not demon blood, but the vaccine is likely to lead to auto immune deficiency. There have been far too high of a death rate and of other adverse effects to recommend this covid shot in this experimental trial phase. Hopefully the covid shots are rejected for causing more harm than any perceived benefits.

The shots only offer to protect people from the worst symptoms of covid-19 but offer no scientific evidence to stop the spread of the virus. The most ignorant part of this is when the government and media speak of young people getting the experimental shots -- since young people are not susceptible to death by covid-19. This has mainly been affecting people over 60 or 70 ... as a possible contributor to death for those who have comorbidities.

The saddest thing I have heard so far is the miscarriages among women who were pregnant and got the experimental vaccine. The specific concern in view is the possibility (and maybe a demonstrated effect) that the covid shots would attack the syncytin-1 cells in the placenta. (It certainly would be nice if people acquainted themselves with the science.)

It finally sounds good to be in a blue state.
          Last edited by mikewhitney; 02-23-2021, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

Maybe not demon blood, but the vaccine is likely to lead to auto immune deficiency. There have been far too high of a death rate and of other adverse effects to recommend this covid shot in this experimental trial phase. Hopefully the covid shots are rejected for causing more harm than any perceived benefits.

The shots only offer to protect people from the worst symptoms of covid-19 but offer no scientific evidence to stop the spread of the virus. The most ignorant part of this is when the government and media speak of young people getting the experimental shots -- since young people are not susceptible to death by covid-19. This has mainly been affecting people over 60 or 70 ... as a possible contributor to death for those who have comorbidities.

The saddest thing I have heard so far is the miscarriages among women who were pregnant and got the experimental vaccine. The specific concern in view is the possibility (and maybe a demonstrated effect) that the covid shots would attack the syncytin-1 cells in the placenta. (It certainly would be nice if people acquainted themselves with the science.)

It finally sounds good to be in a blue state.
            Mike, I am sorry, but you are a conspiracy nut. The vaccine does prevent COVID in most cases (it causes your body to create antibodies that work just like they do in any other disease) - they say that IF you happen to catch it, it will be much milder because your antibodies are already ready to start fighting it off. I have not heard of any large scale adverse reactions to the vaccine, nor that it causes miscarriages or autoimmune problems. That's nonsense. Stop reading the antivaxx sites. Oh and I already have a compromised immune system which is why I am getting the shot.
            Last edited by Sparko; 02-23-2021, 12:32 PM.

Comment

I'm giving my buddy, Sparko, a hard time.

Comment

I'm giving my buddy, Sparko, a hard time.
                I am hoping for super powers, like the X-men.

Comment

Mike, I am sorry, but you are a conspiracy nut. The vaccine does prevent COVID in most cases (it causes your body to create antibodies that work just like they do in any other disease) - they say that IF you happen to catch it, it will be much milder because your antibodies are already ready to start fighting it off. I have not heard of any large scale adverse reactions to the vaccine, nor that it causes miscarriages or autoimmune problems. That's nonsense. Stop reading the antivaxx sites. Oh and I already have a compromised immune system which is why I am getting the shot.
                  You are simply being anti-science and anti-data. Don't work so hard to be ignorant on the issues. It is easy to call someone a conspiracy nut when you do not do the research. Do you need someone to whack you on the head? Why are you being so stubborn that you reject the content of the Pfizer trial content -- specifically its only test objective? Why are you so willing to neglect the vaccine adverse effects data? at this point, your argument of supposed silence of the adverse effects is vacuous.

I suppose you are technical enough to get the VAERS data. We are seeing 500 people a month dying from the effects of the vaccine -- and this is only the reported cases. You do know that only about 1% of cases actually are reported, don't you? Maybe in this case it is 20% maybe 30%. Did you not notice this? Or is this trivial to you?

I don't ask you to follow conspiracy theories. I just ask that people pay attention to the data. go figure.

Here is a video showing how to access VAERS. (I could provide data from it, but that would only be conspiracy data.)

Comment

I am hoping for super powers, like the X-men.
                    So, my PhD friend who is dying -- he has been told by VA not to take the vaccine because of his compromised immune system.
                    It's a tough call, because he is almost 100% certain to die from Covid if he gets it.

Comment

The real conspiracy seems to be all these medical doctors and scientists who wish to kill everyone by telling them not to take vaccine that might only be useful to people over 60 or 70 years of age. All these medical doctors are tricking society by reporting that safe treatments like hydroxychloroquine, vitamin D, and invermectin would save millions of lives if used to treat patients.

Okay. this is sarcasm. But actually this is a reasonable guess to the mentality of those rejecting the science which speaks against the need and use of the experimental covid shots.

Comment

So, my PhD friend who is dying -- he has been told by VA not to take the vaccine because of his compromised immune system.
                        It's a tough call, because he is almost 100% certain to die from Covid if he gets it.
                        My 83 year old in-laws are still trying to get on the schedule...
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

My 83 year old in-laws are still trying to get on the schedule...
                          Our county seems to be leading Texas in vaccinations per capita - and there's a great big long line down at the fairgrounds this morning (sorry, it's EXPO now, not 'fairgrounds') and they are focusing on anybody 65 and older and/or with medical complications.

I posted a video on Facebook.

Comment

Why is he likely to die from covid-19? Is he in the hospital because of comorbidities or only of covid-19? Please suggest that he look into the treatments. High dosage Vitamin-D is even an option for many people. There should only be a remnant of covid-19 deaths since such effective treatments have been scientifically identified.

The studies on the treatments are shown at http://c19study.com

This one group of doctors are willing to prescribe the medicines... and are aware of pharmacies that fill the prescriptions
                            https://www.americasfrontlinedoctors...19-medication/
                            Last edited by mikewhitney; 02-23-2021, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Why is he likely to die from covid-19?....
                              He's in hospice care, Mike, and the VA is handling him. He was supposed to be dead 2 years ago, and keeps on ticking.

I'll not say anything further about this.

Comment