Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Vaccination Rollout: Red States Outpace Blue States

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

    He's in hospice care, Mike, and the VA is handling him. He was supposed to be dead 2 years ago, and keeps on ticking.

    I'll not say anything further about this.
    I had a friend who lived about 10 years longer than expected. He ended up with pneumonia and to the respirator (which likely led to a massive stroke) and then to hospice.

    Prayers for the family and friends.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by seanD View Post
      Putting vaccination distribution aside, the contrast between Florida and California in its handling of the pandemic is yet another indictment against lockdown. Florida and California are about even in the numbers, yet California had the strictest lockdowns of all states and Florida has a much greater vulnerable population than California.
      I actually couldn't believe my ears last week when I heard NPR actually admitting this and pondering that perhaps the full lockdowns that have been praised by the media in NY and Cali this last year, arent actually effective. Seems Cuomo getting caught with his pants down by his own party opened up some eyes.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

        I actually couldn't believe my ears last week when I heard NPR actually admitting this and pondering that perhaps the full lockdowns that have been praised by the media in NY and Cali this last year, arent actually effective. Seems Cuomo getting caught with his pants down by his own party opened up some eyes.
        Even some of my irl liberal friends are asking interesting questions.
        "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

          I actually couldn't believe my ears last week when I heard NPR actually admitting this and pondering that perhaps the full lockdowns that have been praised by the media in NY and Cali this last year, arent actually effective. Seems Cuomo getting caught with his pants down by his own party opened up some eyes.
          But they just keep aggressively pushing for it here and abroad. Isn't that amazing? There are some reputable dissenting voices, but I suspect they will get ostracized and/or drowned out in time.
          "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by seanD View Post

            But they just keep aggressively pushing for it here and abroad. Isn't that amazing? There are some reputable dissenting voices, but I suspect they will get ostracized and/or drowned out in time.
            Or it could be that the tide is actually turning. Yesterday when Joe did his 500 candles speech, it was also quietly announced that Covid cases worldwide are declining.
            "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

              Or it could be that the tide is actually turning. Yesterday when Joe did his 500 candles speech, it was also quietly announced that Covid cases worldwide are declining.
              Covid Death Outlook Improves as Drop in U.S. Exceeds Forecasts

              (Bloomberg) -- The decline in Covid-19 fatalities is exceeding expectations in the U.S., and virus modelers are revising forecasts to reflect a more optimistic outlook heading into March.

              The country is expected to have about 7,922 such deaths in the week ending March 20, the lowest since the first week of November, according to the University of Massachusetts’ Reich Lab Covid-19 Forecast Hub, which issued a 28-day forecast on Tuesday based on dozens of independent models.

              The Reich Lab’s contributors sharply cut projections for the coming three weeks after deaths last week came in at 4,318 fewer than expected.
              "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                Or it could be that the tide is actually turning. Yesterday when Joe did his 500 candles speech, it was also quietly announced that Covid cases worldwide are declining.
                I do believe we'll see a temporary lull before the storm. I even think things will open up -- kids back in school, concerts, sporting events, victory celebrations, and then... boom... the next strain takes hold. Rising infections, deaths. The scientific overseers will say they made a terrible mistake, but this time they'll be much more "careful" (i.e. stricter and more forceful).

                But we'll see
                "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

                  You are simply being anti-science and anti-data. Don't work so hard to be ignorant on the issues. It is easy to call someone a conspiracy nut when you do not do the research. Do you need someone to whack you on the head? Why are you being so stubborn that you reject the content of the Pfizer trial content -- specifically its only test objective? Why are you so willing to neglect the vaccine adverse effects data? at this point, your argument of supposed silence of the adverse effects is vacuous.

                  I suppose you are technical enough to get the VAERS data. We are seeing 500 people a month dying from the effects of the vaccine -- and this is only the reported cases. You do know that only about 1% of cases actually are reported, don't you? Maybe in this case it is 20% maybe 30%. Did you not notice this? Or is this trivial to you?

                  I don't ask you to follow conspiracy theories. I just ask that people pay attention to the data. go figure.

                  Here is a video showing how to access VAERS. (I could provide data from it, but that would only be conspiracy data.)
                  OK I went there and there were 626 deaths TOTAL. And one spontaneous abortion.
                  https://wonder.cdc.gov/controller/da...&measure=D8.M1

                  There is nothing about what might have contributed to the deaths. Could be allergy, or reaction to some other drug the person is taking, or just coincidence. I see nothing to suggest this is any more dangerous than any other vaccine.

                  You can find enough data about any drug to make you claim it is dangerous. Heck do you listen to the side effects on the commercials nowadays? But you have to weigh the risks over the benefits and in most cases, including mine, getting the vaccine is safer than not getting it. You go ahead and do whatever you want, but spreading nonsense and trying to scare everyone away from the vaccine is irresponsible of you.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Sparko View Post

                    OK I went there and there were 626 deaths TOTAL. And one spontaneous abortion.
                    https://wonder.cdc.gov/controller/da...&measure=D8.M1

                    There is nothing about what might have contributed to the deaths. Could be allergy, or reaction to some other drug the person is taking, or just coincidence. I see nothing to suggest this is any more dangerous than any other vaccine.

                    You can find enough data about any drug to make you claim it is dangerous. Heck do you listen to the side effects on the commercials nowadays? But you have to weigh the risks over the benefits and in most cases, including mine, getting the vaccine is safer than not getting it. You go ahead and do whatever you want, but spreading nonsense and trying to scare everyone away from the vaccine is irresponsible of you.
                    ok. enjoy! Just repeat the mantras and disregard the data. I don't listen to the commercials. They make me sick.

                    Also, you can check the adverse effects listed for covid shots against the flu shots. The flu shots have strong representation in the VAERS system. The covid shots have a much greater number of adverse effects reported.

                    You are just acting ignorant and disregarding facts. While it is true that the entry into VAERS is optional and is not the end analysis, the deaths from it are obvious after enough data has come in.

                    Now you are telling me it is irresponsible to warn people of the death and health effects of the vaccines. That sure is a weird position for you to take. Should I welcome people to disease caused by the vaccines?

                    Like I have mentioned. There should be very few deaths due to covid-19 since there are many proven treatments for those who are starting to get infected and those who have not been treated early by the hospitals.

                    Do you take notice of those treatments and do you share those so that the deaths may be reduced?
                    Last edited by mikewhitney; 02-23-2021, 04:29 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

                      ok. enjoy! Just repeat the mantras and disregard the data. I don't listen to the commercials. They make me sick.

                      Also, you can check the adverse effects listed for covid shots against the flu shots. The flu shots have strong representation in the VAERS system. The covid shots have a much greater number of adverse effects reported.

                      You are just acting ignorant and disregarding facts. While it is true that the entry into VAERS is optional and is not the end analysis, the deaths from it are obvious after enough data has come in.

                      Now you are telling me it is irresponsible to warn people of the death and health effects of the vaccines. That sure is a weird position for you to take. Should I welcome people to disease caused by the vaccines?

                      Like I have mentioned. There should be very few deaths due to covid-19 since there are many proven treatments for those who are starting to get infected and those who have not been treated early by the hospitals.

                      Do you take notice of those treatments and do you share those so that the deaths may be reduced?
                      The deaths from COVID just passed 500,000. a few hundred deaths from over 209 Million vaccinations is nothing - That is something like 0.0003%, especially when you realize they started with the oldest and frailest population. So yeah the greater risk is from COVID than the shot.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Sparko View Post

                        The deaths from COVID just passed 500,000. a few hundred deaths from over 209 Million vaccinations is nothing - That is something like 0.0003%, especially when you realize they started with the oldest and frailest population. So yeah the greater risk is from COVID than the shot.
                        The deaths just happen quicker when they get the covid shots.

                        Any death counts for covid-19 were already expressed to be only 6% of the counts we have been given. Maybe we could say it is 20% of the death count is due mainly to a covid infection ... This 20% would mean that the number is a 100k really due to covid. There is no reason for young people to get the experimental covid shots, since young people are not susceptible to the bad effects of covid-19. (The 6% was reported by Fauci or the CDC. In passing, I heard a doctor say it probably is 20% of the big count is the more accurate count.) As we pass into the year of this, the counts should be done for the new season -- to relate to flu and influenza death counts per year.

                        We need informed consent, not just blind reaction of "oh my. I need the shot or I will die." No one should get into this phase 3 and phase 4 trial without full informed consent of the dangers of trying an experimental technology.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Mike - this thread is about the rollout - not the vaccine itself - please feel free to start your own thread, but cease and desist the derailing of this one, OK?
                          "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Mike - this thread is about the rollout - not the vaccine itself - please feel free to start your own thread, but cease and desist the derailing of this one, OK?
                            ok. safety was my concern.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

                              ok. safety was my concern.
                              Understood.
                              "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                                So, my PhD friend who is dying -- he has been told by VA not to take the vaccine because of his compromised immune system.
                                It's a tough call, because he is almost 100% certain to die from Covid if he gets it.
                                Well you know my situation and my compromised immune system, but my doctors told me to get it as soon as I can. Not the same situation though as your friend.

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seer, Yesterday, 01:41 PM
                                18 responses
                                120 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Cow Poke  
                                Started by Sparko, Yesterday, 10:23 AM
                                31 responses
                                192 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Diogenes  
                                Started by seanD, Yesterday, 03:35 AM
                                10 responses
                                102 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Starlight  
                                Started by Cow Poke, 02-25-2021, 05:55 PM
                                10 responses
                                75 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Hypatia_Alexandria  
                                Started by Cow Poke, 02-25-2021, 05:16 PM
                                109 responses
                                434 views
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Cow Poke  
                                Working...
                                X