Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden says minorities aren't smart enough to go online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You're a BOOB, you know that? I'm TRYING to be charitable!
    You know that boob spelled backwards is boob.

The fact remains, believing that a certain race is inferior is at the very core of racism. Whether it causes you to hate them for being "inferior" or try to help them because they're "inferior" is just how you deal with your racist attitude.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      One can agree on many different things for entirely different reasons.

For instance, we might agree that someone shouldn't just have their money or property seized by the government for no reason at all. My motive might be because it is wrong to do so, while yours might be because you want to be able to steal it from them (and if it is already taken there is nothing for you to steal)[1].

Two different motivations.

Moreover, old Joe wasn't just against forced bussing. He was against desegregating schools pure and simple.

He didn't want "my children" going to school with blacks. And his reasoning was that putting blacks into the same school that his kids went to would mean they would "grow up in a jungle ... a racial jungle." Old Joe didn't want schools to be desegregated because that sort of race mixing would increase racial "tensions."

Effectively, he was, at best, still championing a doctrine of separate but equal decades after the SCOTUS's unanimous decision on Brown v. Board of Education (his declaration was in 1977 and Brown was decided in 1954).

1. And to be clear, I'm not saying that you are a thief, just using this as an example to make my point.
      Joe was against the federal government using busing to deal with de facto segregation. He was not against that being done at the local level, though he did prefer that segregation be dealt with through housing rather than schools.

Comment

You know that boob spelled backwards is boob.

The fact remains, believing that a certain race is inferior is at the very core of racism. Whether it causes you to hate them for being "inferior" or try to help them because they're "inferior" is just how you deal with your racist attitude.
        You're ri... ri... ri...righ.... you're not exactly wrong, brudder.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, kind of sounds similar to what MLK said in his I Have a Dream speech. While mentioning the income inequality and systemic discrimination of the time he didn't say anything about giving blacks an advantage now for past wrongs but instead said

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
          That's why MLK Jr Day is always painful, at least to me. People who cite MLK Jr are often the ones to judge people by their skin.

King had a great dream, his dream is just be co-opted to push an an agenda that's contrary to it.
          P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Joe was against the federal government using busing to deal with de facto segregation. He was not against that being done at the local level, though he did prefer that segregation be dealt with through housing rather than schools.
            His quote made it clear that he did not want blacks to go to the same school as "my children" and then listed the reason for his not wanting it. You can't spin that away even if you use a tornado to help.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
              How is that a statement you would associate with a racist?
              Because racists use that as an excuse to do nothing about the inequities resulting from those 300 years of suppression.

Comment

Because racists use that as an excuse to do nothing about the inequities resulting from those 300 years of suppression.

How about just stop the suppression? It's not racist to say give everyone an equal playing field. That's equality, at least equality of opportunity. How is equality of opportunity racist?
                P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  The video does NOT have anything in it that would lead one to believe he thinks minorities are less capable of handling the internet.
                  Let's go to the source:

"Not everybody in the community, in the Hispanic and African American community, particularly in ru- uh, uh, rural areas that are distant, and/or inner city districts know how to use- know how to get online..."

Remember, the question was, "Why are there so few minorities signing up to get the China flu vaccine?" and Biden's answer is, essentially, "'Cause y'all are too stupid to know how to use the internet! Come on, man."
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

We have equal opportunities today. Stop living I'm ththe past and complaining your great-granddaddys daddy had it rough. You make your own success. Plenty of people had it rough, plenty of people got dealt a Edited by a Moderator hand. It's not our job nor our duty to compensate you for that.

Comment

His quote made it clear that he did not want blacks to go to the same school as "my children" and then listed the reason for his not wanting it. You can't spin that away even if you use a tornado to help.
                      And ol' Joe used that excuse because that's pretty much the only excuse he could have used absent apologizing (but since the woke left applied no pressure, and Kam quickly swept it underneath the rug because he was one of "theirs," he didn't need to). But what a lame excuse it is. He's a Democrat, and using federal government as an apparatus to enforce policy is what they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Let's go to the source:

"Not everybody in the community, in the Hispanic and African American community, particularly in ru- uh, uh, rural areas that are distant, and/or inner city districts know how to use- know how to get online..."

Remember, the question was, "Why are there so few minorities signing up to get the China flu vaccine?" and Biden's answer is, essentially, "'Cause y'all are too stupid to know how to use the internet! Come on, man."
                        That is not what he says MM. And if you bothered to listen to the video you would know that. If you did listen to the video then you do know it.

The issue here is that there is no possible way that what is said on that video can be cast what you say above. I do wish you could be honest enough to simply admit the truth on that point.
                        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
                          We have equal opportunities today. Stop living I'm ththe past and complaining your great-granddaddys daddy had it rough. You make your own success. Plenty of people had it rough, plenty of people got dealt a Edited by a Moderator hand. It's not our job nor our duty to compensate you for that.
                          The willful oppression of an entire race for 300 years is not 'being dealt a bad hand'. It has had massive consequences then and now. And those consequences still have not been resolved. As I pointed out, the average wealth of black people in the US is 1/7 that of white people, and the average income <1/2. This statistical reality tells us clearly and unequivocally the legacy of that 300 years has not yet been done away with. And yes, we as a people are ALL responsible for doing what is necessary to make it right.
                          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 02-23-2021, 06:10 PM.
                          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

The willful oppression of an entire race for 300 years is not 'being dealt a bad hand'. It has had massive consequences then and now. And those consequences still have not been resolved. As I pointed out, the average wealth of black people in the US is 1/7 that of white people, and the average income <1/2. This statistical reality tells us clearly and unequivocally the legacy of that 300 years has not yet been done away with. And yes, we as a people are ALL responsible for doing what is necessary to make it right.
                            And as you've been told a million times, resources are available for black communities, particularly education. Education means more skills and better degrees, which leads to higher wages. But most choose not to utilize those resources because of their attitudes about education (though that's gradually changing), hence the reason for income disparity. As the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink. Government can't change attitudes about education in the black communities. That has to come from black community leaders (not phony media and political grifters like Sharpton and AOC).

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

And as you've been told a million times, resources are available for black communities, particularly education. Education means more skills and better degrees, which leads to higher wages. But most choose not to utilize those resources because of their attitudes about education (though that's gradually changing), hence the reason for income disparity. As the saying goes, you can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink. Government can't change attitudes about education in the black communities. That has to come from black community leaders (not phony media and political grifters like Sharpton and AOC).
                              And as you've been told a million times, when one starts at the very back, it is only rarely possible one can win. Some people can and do - but they are the exceptional ones. One can not discount the environment one grows up in and its effect not only on your skills but your whole outlook on life. It doesn't matter who you are, if your community disparages advanced education, fewer will get advanced education. If it is full of crime, it is more likely you will become a criminal. And the legacy of racism and slavery in this country that has created roadblocks for black people that do not exist for white people (on average) is the cause. Just the statistic I quoted. Wealth and prosperity of the parents - statistically - has a direct bearing on the wealth and prosperity of the children. And the average black child starts with 1/2 the income and 1/7th the wealth. And that does not take into acount statistically higher crime, statistically poorer schools and statistically more likelyhood to come from a single parent family. There is no getting around it - our society and its current structure BREEDS a continuance of the disparity - even with the fact that there are helps out there targetting those same groups. So far, what has been done simply has not been sufficient to remove that imbalance.

If it was, those numbers would be different.
                              Last edited by oxmixmudd; 02-23-2021, 06:30 PM.

Comment

And as you've been told a million times, when one starts at the very back, it is only rarely possible one can win. Some people can and do - but they are the exceptional ones. One can not discount the environment one grows up in and its effect not only on your skills but your whole outlook on life. It doesn't matter who you are, if your community disparages advanced education, fewer will get advanced education. If it is full of crime, it is more likely you will become a criminal. And the legacy of racism and slavery in this country that has created roadblocks for black people that do not exist for white people (on average) is the cause. Just the statistic I quoted. Wealth and prosperity of the parents - statistically - has a direct bearing on the wealth and prosperity of the children. And the average black child starts with 1/2 the income and 1/7th the wealth. And that does not take into acount statistically higher crime, statistically poorer schools and statistically more likelyhood to come from a single parent family. There is no getting around it - our society and its current structure BREEDS a continuance of the disparity - even with the fact that there are helps out there targetting those same groups. So far, what has been done simply has not been sufficient to remove that imbalance.

If it was, those numbers would be different.
                                You keep droning on about the slavery thing, and I just can't take what you're saying seriously. You started out okay, but then went into that slavery spiel. What you were at first describing is a vicious feedback loop. Yes, the circumstances suck for a lot of black folks, but again, government can't change that (in fact, in more than enough cases, it makes things worse).

Comment