Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Biden says minorities aren't smart enough to go online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I don't know. But I am sure that if a conservative made that statement they would be hounded until they died for being racist.
    And after death.
    P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Try not to underthink it. Part of his solution for getting the vaccine to more blacks and hispanics is to help those who don't know how to get online to arrange an appointment.

If anyone thinks that getting online is a cinch for everyone, that may be their white privilege showing.
      Kevin_lol.gif
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

They cut out the question, which was about how he was going to deal with the fact that proportionately far fewer blacks and hispanics have been vaccinated than whites.

That's not intentionally deceptive, is it?
        That hardly matters. It is his answer, that "a lot" of blacks and Hispanics, especially in rural and inner city areas don't "know how to use, know how to get online."

Good thing old Joe is there to help these poor dumb minorities who just can't do anything without some gracious white liberal to show them how it is done. Talk about condescending.

I mean, he didn't say there were a few or some but "a lot." A lot of them are so dumb they can't even figure out how to ask a relative, neighbor or friend for help if they need assistance because they're probably just as dumb as they are. Old Joe seems to think they might know how to dribble a basketball, or kick a soccer ball, and they make pretty good maids, but, c'mon man, you can't expect many of them to know anything about technology.

No wonder his keepers were trying to get him to shut up. They know that whenever he wanders off their carefully crafted script he says this sort of stuff.

Finally, imagine the resulting poopstorm if Trump or any conservative had said something this supercilious and patronizing. It would be the lead story on every news channel. CNN and MSNBC would be going 24/7 from one panel to another discussing how blatantly racist such a remark was.

But since it's old Joe, just like his saying that he didn't know what it was he was even signing as he signed Executive Orders placed in front of him (and still signing them any ways); just like how he reopened detention centers along the border that Trump had closed and started putting "kids in cages" all over again, there is only one reaction from the MSM

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          That doesn't change his comment about how minorities don't know how to use the internet.
          Don't you worry none, old Joe is here to "whitesplain" it to the "a lot" of them just too ignorant to know how to work them fancy doohickeys. Why if it weren't for old Joe "a lot" of them would just be staring at blank screens probably not even knowing enough to realize that you have to plug it in to get it to work.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

You think all of them know how to get online?
            Old Joe says it's "a lot" of them. Not just a few. Not just some. But "a lot."

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

And of course it would never dawn on the few that might have a problem to ask a relative, a neighbor, a co-worker or a friend for advice.

C'mon man! That's just way too complicated for them to think of.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

And of course it would never dawn on the few that might have a problem to ask a relative, a neighbor, a co-worker or a friend for advice.

It's like the whole "minorities are too stupid to now how to get IDs for voting*", even though they can get cable TV, driver licenses, social security payments, etc....

*just an excuse not to require ID for voting at polling places.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

Biden specifically remarks on the knowledge of rural and inner city residents getting online. If Biden wanted to speak on the ability of older individual getting online, that would have been understandable as being older could impair computer literacy. He could even make a remark to the availability of internet, but again, he's not saying that. Biden's even not saying anything about a possible language barrier. For Biden, living in a rural or inner city locale somehow may impair an individual from understanding how to make a reservation online. There's nothing about where an individual lives that would inherently impair one's cognitive abilities to be unable to make an online reservation for a vaccine.

Are these people Biden's so illiterate that they can't make an online reservation? I would expect an Amish person not being able to as they're unlikely to fill out paper forms, let alone online forms. There certainly are impairments to registering a vaccine reservation online, but Biden uses ignorance as his explanation. Of course, this is just endemic of Democrats' sense of noblesse oblige towards minorities. Democrats have this sense of "white man's burden" and it shows with Biden calling people ignorant due to the area of residence and not a legitimate reason. It's a patronising form of "white privilege".
                And coming from someone who only recently said that there isn't a spectrum of different views among blacks; that they all pretty much think alike. And couple that with telling blacks that he was the arbitrator of who was legitimately black.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  I will be generous and take his comments as meaning that blacks that are poor or live in rural areas might not HAVE access to the internet, not that they are too dumb to get on the internet. He just didn't say it correctly and said "know how to get online" when he probably meant "know where to get online"
                  Except that for old Joe blacks who are "articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking" are extremely rare. In fact if you were ever to run across one at some point in your life, "that's storybook man!"

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

There are something like a hundred million blacks and hispanics in this country. What percentage of them would it take to add up to "a lot"?

I know there's nothing I can say that will keep you from parsing his words in the worst possible way, so carry on.

Comment

There are something like a hundred million blacks and hispanics in this country. What percentage of them would it take to add up to "a lot"?

I know there's nothing I can say that will keep you from parsing his words in the worst possible way, so carry on.
                      It's the fact that Joe has a history of - whether he intends it or not - sounding rather condescending or "masterly" to the poor minorities. He just can't seem to help himself.

But it kinda exemplifies the characterization of liberals who seem to think the minorities NEED them, and can't seem to function without help from the liberal politicians.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

It's the fact that Joe has a history of - whether he intends it or not - sounding rather condescending or "masterly" to the poor minorities. He just can't seem to help himself.

But it kinda exemplifies the characterization of liberals who seem to think the minorities NEED them, and can't seem to function without help from the liberal politicians.

Comment

It sound like you think a much better answer to the question would have been, "No, we're not going to do anything to help more Blacks and Hispanics get vaccinated. If not enough of them are getting vaccinated, then they're the ones who need to do something about it."

Comment

It sound like you think a much better answer to the question would have been, "No, we're not going to do anything to help more Blacks and Hispanics get vaccinated. If not enough of them are getting vaccinated, then they're the ones who need to do something about it."
                            It sounds like you are absolutely clueless about what I think. And your 'reasoning' stinks our loud.

Comment

It sounds like you are absolutely clueless about what I think. And your 'reasoning' stinks our loud.
                              Here's the question: "My name is Dr. Dessie Levy and my question to you is considering COVID-19 and its significant impact on black Americans, especially here in Milwaukee, and thus the exacerbation of our racial disparities in healthcare, we have seen less than three percent of blacks and less than five percent of Hispanics given the total number of vaccines that have been administered to this point. Is this a priority for the Biden administration and how will the disparities be addressed and that’s both locally and nationally."

I'd like to know how you would answer the question in such a way that it doesn't imply that minorities NEED you, but also doesn't sound like you don't care about them.

If that sounds difficult, then maybe you can cut Joe some slack. Otherwise, maybe you could enlighten me with your answer.

Comment

Here's the question: "My name is Dr. Dessie Levy and my question to you is considering COVID-19 and its significant impact on black Americans, especially here in Milwaukee, and thus the exacerbation of our racial disparities in healthcare, we have seen less than three percent of blacks and less than five percent of Hispanics given the total number of vaccines that have been administered to this point. Is this a priority for the Biden administration and how will the disparities be addressed and that’s both locally and nationally."

I'd like to know how you would answer the question in such a way that it doesn't imply that minorities NEED you, but also doesn't sound like you don't care about them.

If that sounds difficult, then maybe you can cut Joe some slack. Otherwise, maybe you could enlighten me with your answer.
                                Perhaps tomorrow - watching Blue Bloods.

Comment