Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Allah Does Have A Sense Of Humor After All!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allah Does Have A Sense Of Humor After All!

30 Taliban militants killed during bomb-making class in mosque when bomb accidentally explodes

https://www.theblaze.com/news/taliba...-themselves-up

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

There goes another 216 virgins.
    When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      30 Taliban militants killed during bomb-making class in mosque when bomb accidentally explodes

Wonder if he's gonna reward them for being good martyrs, or punish them for the sin of desecrating/destroying a mosque?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

2d39f822-549b-4c2a-9fef-9b1aebf2d5d4.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
          There goes another 216 virgins.
          2d39f822-549b-4c2a-9fef-9b1aebf2d5d4.jpg

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

Wonder if he's gonna reward them for being good martyrs, or punish them for the sin of desecrating/destroying a mosque?
            The first thing that immediately sprung to mind for me is just what sort of idiot trains people with real live explosives? That's weapons grade stupidity right there.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              The first thing that immediately sprung to mind for me is just what sort of idiot trains people with real live explosives? That's weapons grade stupidity right there.
              To be fair, if they were learning how to be suicide bombers, they passed the class in flying colors (and body parts).

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

To be fair, if they were learning how to be suicide bombers, they passed the class in flying colors (and body parts).
                c6f9560cf8d78124f38ba1c1b9d2f261.jpg

Which brings up the question... where exactly does a suicide bomber end up?

Everywhere

Comment

72 virginians.jpg
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    I've heard that it was a copyist error, and that it was originally grapes, not virgins. There is actually some evidence for this.
                    Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post

I've heard that it was a copyist error, and that it was originally grapes, not virgins. There is actually some evidence for this.
                        There is far, far more evidence against it than there is for it. When you look at this specific word describing what Muslims get in paradise in other passages you get descriptions of these "grapes/raisins*" in other passages emphasizing their breasts, beautiful eyes the fact that they are virgins who have never been touched by Djinn or men. Oh, and the fact that Muslim men were going to be married to them in paradise. That is just from the Q'uran, when you bring in the Sahih Hadith you get even more detailed descriptions of what the reward is. Then there is the fact pretty much no one is going to sacrifice their lives for 72 "raisins/grapes".

For a more thorough treatment of the verses you can watch David Wood's video on the subject.

*In my experience the claim is usually that they are raisins specifically and not ordinary grapes.

Comment

Interesting.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Close, but actually a particular form of white grape or the raisins made from them and known for being sweet and juicy. But as points out this reading is unlikely

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

There is far, far more evidence against it than there is for it. When you look at this specific word describing what Muslims get in paradise in other passages you get descriptions of these "grapes/raisins*" in other passages emphasizing their breasts, beautiful eyes the fact that they are virgins who have never been touched by Djinn or men. Oh, and the fact that Muslim men were going to be married to them in paradise. That is just from the Q'uran, when you bring in the Sahih Hadith you get even more detailed descriptions of what the reward is. Then there is the fact pretty much no one is going to sacrifice their lives for 72 "raisins/grapes".

For a more thorough treatment of the verses you can watch David Wood's video on the subject.

*In my experience the claim is usually that they are raisins specifically and not ordinary grapes.
                              Another great story ruined by research!

Comment