Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Rush Limbaugh Dead...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    Rush introduced us to the fabulous Mannheim Steamroller.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

so basically every quote you have above has no evidence according to your own source, or was not meant the way it sounds out of context.
      That's how the left attacked Rush on a daily basis - I'm still waiting for the guy who claimed that Rush attacked persons of 'colour'. I want to see that proof.
      Originally posted by kiwimac View Post
      His giving to charity may be laudable but his attacks on the powerless, the ill, the coloured were lifelong and consistent with a person to whom others are inconsequential.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I stopped listening to Rush back in the late 90s, round the time I became a Christian. I thought he was too crass. But I never heard him be racist. I just didn't like the whole "shock jock" shtick.

Comment

I stopped listening to Rush back in the late 90s, round the time I became a Christian. I thought he was too crass. But I never heard him be racist. I just didn't like the whole "shock jock" shtick.
          Yeah, it was obvious he was going for ratings - and was trying to be "leading edge" --- I was not pleased with his "caller abortions" where he would "abort" phone callers to make a point about how inappropriate abortion was --- I thought it cheapened the anti-abortion dialogue tremendously.

Comment

Pretty much the same here. Not just him, but all talk shows in general. I generally agreed with most of what they said, but there was just too much advertising and idiot callers. I would up listening to Rush only 7 minutes to about 20 minutes after the hour. The rest was a waste of time. Then I eventually gave up on that.

I had my occasional objections. He insisted that SUVs should be referred to as cars. But they aren't. Technically they were trucks. They were created when Clinton put a mileage quota on cars. And his calling feminists "feminazis" was extreme, other than their delight in murdering infants. I could go on. This is the only post I have made so far about him, and probably won't bother making another post.

As far as being in heaven or hell, to the best of my knowledge he has never made a profession of being born again. But then again, I gave up following him decades ago like Sparko. Maybe somebody can correct me on that.
            When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post

Pretty much the same here. Not just him, but all talk shows in general. I generally agreed with most of what they said, but there was just too much advertising and idiot callers. I would up listening to Rush only 7 minutes to about 20 minutes after the hour. The rest was a waste of time. Then I eventually gave up on that.

I had my occasional objections. He insisted that SUVs should be referred to as cars. But they aren't. Technically they were trucks. They were created when Clinton put a mileage quota on cars. And his calling feminists "feminazis" was extreme, other than their delight in murdering infants. I could go on. This is the only post I have made so far about him, and probably won't bother making another post.

As far as being in heaven or hell, to the best of my knowledge he has never made a profession of being born again. But then again, I gave up following him decades ago like Sparko. Maybe somebody can correct me on that.
              I know of no claim of a profession of faith other than very general references to God, many of which were smug things like "talent on loan from God".

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I know of no claim of a profession of faith other than very general references to God, many of which were smug things like "talent on loan from God".
                I'm pretty sure he closed one of his first two books, from many years ago, with the line, "We are all, you see, on loan from God." I'll try to find my old copies and verify that.

In regard to the other, his niece -- his brother David's daughter -- works for Fox News, and is a good friend and fellow Bible study member with Fox and Friends host Ainsley Earhart. Ainsley asked her if there was anything she wanted people to remember about Rush, and she relayed that one of the main things was his faith in Jesus, even though he didn't like to proselytize or otherwise talk much about it publicly.

Then there's this from back in October, as well as similar things he's said a few times since then.
                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

I'm pretty sure he closed one of his first two books, from many years ago, with the line, "We are all, you see, on loan from God." I'll try to find my old copies and verify that.

In regard to the other, his niece -- his brother David's daughter -- works for Fox News, and is a good friend and fellow Bible study member with Fox and Friends host Ainsley Earhart. Ainsley asked her if there was anything she wanted people to remember about Rush, and she relayed that one of the main things was his faith in Jesus, even though he didn't like to proselytize or otherwise talk much about it publicly.

Then there's this from back in October, as well as similar things he's said a few times since then.
                  Interesting. Thanks.

Comment

Just showed up in my Facebook Newsfeed: "‘It Was Real’: Friend And Former Employee Reveals Rush Limbaugh’s Journey To Faith."

Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Yes, right-wing extremists did say some pretty despicable things about Ginsberg following her death.

Meanwhile, mainstream liberals, including popular media outlets, have said some pretty despicable things about Rush Limbaugh.

So, yeah, your attempt at moral equivalence fails.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Yes, right-wing extremists did say some pretty despicable things about Ginsberg following her death.

Meanwhile, mainstream liberals, including popular media outlets, have said some pretty despicable things about Rush Limbaugh.

So, yeah, your attempt at moral equivalence fails.
                        Since the two figures aren't equivalent at all, your don't point fails. Limbaugh was an entertainer who was paid to provoke and say tasteless things. That's going to reflect in his post-death coverage.

7 TIMES RUSH LIMBAUGH MADE JOKES ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE DYING

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
                          Limbaugh was an entertainer who was paid to provoke and say tasteless things a conservative. That's going to reflect in his post-death coverage.
                          Edited for accuracy.

Comment

Edited for accuracy.
                            It wouldn't be accurate to say Limbaugh was just a conservative, like George Will or Cal Thomas. It's more accurate say he was a right wing shock jock.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

It wouldn't be accurate to say Limbaugh was just a conservative, like George Will or Cal Thomas. It's more accurate say he was a right wing shock jock.
                              Perhaps, but liberals hate him because he was conservative and not because he was a "shock jock".

Comment

Perhaps, but liberals hate him because he was conservative and not because he was a "shock jock".
                                One can't dismiss the fact of his forum, the things he's said, and the way he's conducted himself with regards to addiction.

Cal Thomas has very conservative views but is a gentleman. When Thomas dies, no one will dredge up embarrassing Cal Thomas quotes.

Comment