Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas Energy Crisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Why, Jim? Why can't somebody simply have a disagreement with you without being accused of being "dishonest"? What is it that drives you to apply that label?

I'm having a vigorous discussion with Stoic right now, but we're getting along, and I'm certainly not accusing him of being dishonest (except where I kid him and use sarcasm tags).

And whag is the most despicable person ever posting on Tweb* (sorry whag, gotta throw you under the bus for a minute) and he and I joke back and forth and get along just great!

Why can't you have calm reasonable discussions with people who disagree with you without resorting to name calling (slime ball, really?) and accusations of dishonesty?

*I absolutely do not believe that's true even a tiny bit
    This is about me isn't it?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

This is about me isn't it?
      For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Had it been, it would not have been so polite.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Had it been, it would not have been so polite.

Mom always said you were a big meanie

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Mom always said you were a big meanie
          She always loved me more.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Why, Jim? Why can't somebody simply have a disagreement with you without being accused of being "dishonest"? What is it that drives you to apply that label?

I'm having a vigorous discussion with Stoic right now, but we're getting along, and I'm certainly not accusing him of being dishonest (except where I kid him and use sarcasm tags).

And whag is the most despicable person ever posting on Tweb* (sorry whag, gotta throw you under the bus for a minute) and he and I joke back and forth and get along just great!

Why can't you have calm reasonable discussions with people who disagree with you without resorting to name calling (slime ball, really?) and accusations of dishonesty?

*I absolutely do not believe that's true even a tiny bit
            I appreciate the asterisk, but it really wasn't necessary. Daffy Duck ruined the weight that word once had.

Comment

• Originally posted by whag View Post

I appreciate the asterisk, but it really wasn't necessary. Daffy Duck ruined the weight that word once had.
              How did you know that was EGGzackly what I had in mind?

Comment

Probably woulda been a good idea if he had led with that.
                I grant you his presentation was off.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Meh - her dad and grandfather were glad to have jobs. Her grandfather died, not surprisingly, of black lung, but her Dad moved out of state and became a chemical engineer for BF Goodrich.
                "Glad to have jobs" is a given. I get that, of course. But how much coal industry paid these people relative to the risk, the danger of their practices, the sloppiness of their remediation--all these color my view of coal industry. It's an industry that currently endangers communities and is in need of serious reform.

If only they were like us, we could probably compromise on all of this.

Comment

Bigly - enough to leave lots of room for criticism.

"Glad to have jobs" is a given. I get that, of course. But how much coal industry paid these people relative to the risk, the danger of their practices, the sloppiness of their remediation--all these color my view of coal industry. It's an industry that currently endangers communities and is in need of serious reform.
                  And that's one area where I don't rail about UNIONS BAD.

If only they were like us, we could probably compromise on all of this.
                  A friend of mine was the resident environmental officer for a strip-mining operation near us in Texas - he had total power to oversee the removal and storage of top soil, the removal and storage of overburden, the mining operation itself (one of those YUGE Mantitowok draglines) and the restoration of the site (in stages) to pristine condition. One area is a golf course, another area a county park.

And, yes, this is nothing like 16 tons, and whaddya get?

Comment

• technology.jpg

Comment

If you hand them up right before a hurricane, Nature will do the washing too!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

If you hang them up right before a hurricane, Nature will do the washing too!
                        OR help you make that decision to finally buy a new wardrobe!

Comment

Good morning, sir. Hope you slept well. Just had my coffee and wondered what we're going to fight about this morning.

Comment

Good morning, sir. Hope you slept well.
                            I didn't.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Just had my coffee and wondered what we're going to fight about this morning.
                            Only if you promise we can fight about something Trump said 13 years ago.

Comment

I didn't.
                              So sorry - I use those... um... sleep gummies...

Only if you promise we can fight about something Trump said 13 years ago.
                              Probably not - I'd probably agree it was stupid.

Comment

• So, I finally got my electric bill that covers the period of the Great Texas Freeze.
                                It's up only slightly.

2021-03-09 06.45.46.png
                                Attached Files

Comment