Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Reflect On Your Whiteness...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflect On Your Whiteness...

To bad these days are gone!

NYC public school asks parents to 'reflect' on their 'whiteness'

Passed out a ranking list titled, "The 8 White Identities"

A city public school principal is asking parents to "reflect" on their "whiteness" — passing out literature that extols "white traitors’’ who "dismantle institutions," education officials confirmed to The Post on Tuesday.

The "woke’’ offensive at the East Side Community School in Manhattan features a ranking list titled "The 8 White Identities," which ranges from "White Supremacist’’ to "White Abolitionist."

The curriculum, written by Barnor Hesse, an associate professor of African American studies at Northwestern University in Illinois, claims, "There is a regime of whiteness, and there are action-oriented white identities.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-publi...heir-whiteness
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

I Yam what I Yam.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Perhaps it is time to follow the cue from other groups and start filing discrimination law suits.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

They are fueling the growth of private, parochial and charter schools.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          To bad these days are gone!

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Imagine if you did 8 black identities, or brown or yellow...
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

So if I am a white who identifies as black I am still a white voyeur? How dare they denigrate my self identity as a black person?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                So if I am a white who identifies as black I am still a white voyeur? How dare they denigrate my self identity as a black person?
                You don't to do that!

Comment

Given that race is more of a social structure than a scientific one whereas sex is definitely something that can be determined biologically, I'd say you're on firmer ground declaring that you're whatever race you self-identify as than what sex you feel like you are.

Comment

I know how to settle this. Whites should paint half their face black, and blacks should paint half their face white, like in the famous Star Trek episode ‘Let that be your last battlefield”.

To get around the obvious problem, there would need to be agreement about which side was which colour.
                    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                    “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

I'd like to reflect a billiard ball off Hesse's head.

Comment

Proving yet again that some of the most vile racism out there is coming from those who decry it the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                          Proving yet again that some of the most vile racism out there is coming from those who decry it the most.
                          Which is why some are seeking to redefine the term so that it is impossible to be racist toward whites.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Given that race is more of a social structure than a scientific one whereas sex is definitely something that can be determined biologically, I'd say you're on firmer ground declaring that you're whatever race you self-identify as than what sex you feel like you are.
                            There are biological differences in races too. skin color, hair, eyes, teeth.

Comment

There are biological differences in races too. skin color, hair, eyes, teeth.
                              Even back in Darwin's time it was noticed that there are more differences within a race than between them. Genetic studies show that humans are remarkably homogeneous genetically, so all humans are only one biological race

Comment