Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why do Deplorables vote against their own interests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do Deplorables vote against their own interests

I mean, It's the great mystery of our times.

Why does the deplorable, white supremacist, nazi republican base vote against their own self interest. The republican party doesn't care about a bunch of hillbilly, rednecks who are on average dumber than the average democrat. So, I just can't understand how this cult-like group of evil people just doesn't vote for the party that respects poor people, the democrats, whose politicians or base have said pretty much all of the above about them.

The world may never understand this mystery.
    Last edited by CivilDiscourse; 02-17-2021, 06:58 AM.

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Why does the deplorable, white supremacist, nazi republican base vote against their own self interest. The republican party doesn't care about a bunch of hillbilly, rednecks who are on average dumber than the average democrat. So, I just can't understand how this cult-like group of evil people just doesn't vote for the party that respects poor people, the democrats, whose politicians or base have said pretty much all of the above about them.

And as long as they vote for them they will fight tooth and nail protecting them portraying them as a minority and as victims. Don't think so? Just look at how the Democrats leapt to the defense of MS-13 when Trump called them animals.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) proclaimed that MS-13 gang members "are our family and friends and they make significant contributions to our country." Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) compared MS-13 to our ancestors who came to America declaring that our "great-great-grandparents" weren't animals when they immigrated here and members of MS-13 "aren't either." And Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi gushed on about their "spark of divinity" and how we need to "respect the dignity and worth" of these wanton killers.

So all that white supremacist and Nazis need do is make it be known that they're loyal Democrat voters and I'll bet that within a week Social Media will be banning anyone who utters a disparaging remark about them

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Why does the deplorable, white supremacist, nazi republican base vote against their own self interest.
      You got hold of some bad sushi?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You got hold of some bad sushi?
        Is there any other kind?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Is there any other kind?

EGGcellent point!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'll respond.

First, would the Democratic party really want deplorables as part of them? I suggest they aren't good enough to be Democrats.

Second, calling people names isn't an effective way of bring them over to your side.

Third, it's become pretty evident that the Democratic party has been become the party of the rich and elites. What do deplorables have that they want.

Fourth, I live in an all Democratic county. I still see poverty, ineffective schools, the rich being catered to, and right now gobs of corruption.

The only mystery I have is why posts like this are made.
            "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

For the moment my money is on satire

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                That, or bad sushi.

Comment

That, or bad sushi.
                  Not bad sushi :)

Comment

Not bad sushi :)

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

I'll respond.

First, would the Democratic party really want deplorables as part of them? I suggest they aren't good enough to be Democrats.

Second, calling people names isn't an effective way of bring them over to your side.

Third, it's become pretty evident that the Democratic party has been become the party of the rich and elites. What do deplorables have that they want.

Fourth, I live in an all Democratic county. I still see poverty, ineffective schools, the rich being catered to, and right now gobs of corruption.

The rich elites have a policy of bread and circuses. It works well for them. There are a whole lot of suckers in this world.

Comment

That, or bad sushi.
                        fify/nc

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Deliberate Irony to make a point?

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

fify/nc
                            Keep trying, brother - I'm a slow learner.

Comment

I am a Democrat who identifies as a Republican.

Comment