Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Insurrection Lie II: False Reports ...Continue To Unravel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I'm sure somebody knows who shot her. I'm just not sure that's the guy in the picture.
    It is - exactly the same bracelet on his wrist as the shooter - and nobody is disputing that's him. Well, besides you.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Video:
      https://youtu.be/PfiS8MsfSF4?t=2081

shoot1.jpg

shoot2.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        It is - exactly the same bracelet on his wrist as the shooter - and nobody is disputing that's him. Well, besides you.
        Capitol Police officer David Bailey was misidentified as the shooter because he's black and wears a beaded bracelet on his right wrist.

So I'm still not sure that's conclusive.

Comment

Capitol Police officer David Bailey was misidentified as the shooter because he's black and wears a beaded bracelet on his right wrist.

So I'm still not sure that's conclusive.
          OK, so clarify, please -- are "they" saying that David Bailey is the one identified in the room mishandling his weapon, or is that just an example of misidentification.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• That's a pretty good view of him standing to the side, apparently very nervously handling his weapon, changing the grip, touching the trigger, not touching the trigger, then - yes - a deliberate shoot, so I retract my earlier claim that MAYBE he was so nervous he accidentally fired.

Comment

OK, so clarify, please -- are "they" saying that David Bailey is the one identified in the room mishandling his weapon, or is that just an example of misidentification.
              They, meaning people who think Ashli Babbitt was murdered, have misidentified David Bailey as the shooter, because David Bailey is a black Capitol Police officer who wears a beaded bracelet on his right wrist.

I would guess that they also think he is the guy that you claim is mishandling his weapon, unless they think that guy is not the shooter.

Comment

They, meaning people who think Ashli Babbitt was murdered, have misidentified David Bailey as the shooter, because David Bailey is a black Capitol Police officer who wears a beaded bracelet on his right wrist.
                (first of all - you seem to actually be interested in the truth - same as me - though I suspect your bias is bigger than mine. But, thanks for that - civil conversation)

None of the sources I have seen or used even gave the shooter a name, so this is new to me.

I would guess that they also think he is the guy that you claim is mishandling his weapon, unless they think that guy is not the shooter.
                OK, so that clears that up, too - you're not 'saying' anything - you're guessing.

So -- IF -- he's not the same guy I have pointed out, that means there were two black men in that same area wearing identical bracelets. Chances of that?

And - even if he's not - you can very clearly see him handling his weapon in a very 'uncontrolled' manner in the videos where he (whoever he is) actually shoots.

Comment

(first of all - you seem to actually be interested in the truth - same as me - though I suspect your bias is bigger than mine. But, thanks for that - civil conversation)

None of the sources I have seen or used even gave the shooter a name, so this is new to me.
                  Here's a source:

Source: https://www.jacksonprogress-argus.com/news/with-ashli-babbitt-killing-shrouded-in-mystery-capitol-officer-who-shot-her-is-in-hiding/article_862e5578-980c-5a11-b690-7bc7d57eba1b.html

The lack of transparency in the case has fueled Internet speculation about her shooter, leading to a case of mistaken identity. Some conservative websites have falsely identified David Bailey, the black Capitol Police officer who in 2017 heroically shot and killed a Bernie Sanders supporter after he shot Rep. Steve Scalise and other Republicans practicing on a congressional baseball field.

Comparing video footage and photographs, the websites note that Bailey wears a beaded bracelet on his right wrist like the officer who is seen shooting Babbitt. But multiple authorities interviewed by RCI say agent Bailey, who is currently still assigned to Scalise's protective detail, did not shoot Babbitt and is not a subject of any investigation. They say the 35-year-old Bailey, who was awarded the Medal of Valor by President Trump, wasn't suspended and retains the title of "special agent."

© Copyright Original Source

OK, so that clears that up, too - you're not 'saying' anything - you're guessing.

So -- IF -- he's not the same guy I have pointed out, that means there were two black men in that same area wearing identical bracelets. Chances of that?
                  I couldn't say.

And - even if he's not - you can very clearly see him handling his weapon in a very 'uncontrolled' manner in the videos where he (whoever he is) actually shoots.
                  I agree that he appears to be pretty nervous. As I'm pretty sure I would be if put in the same situation.

Comment

Here's a source:

Source: https://www.jacksonprogress-argus.com/news/with-ashli-babbitt-killing-shrouded-in-mystery-capitol-officer-who-shot-her-is-in-hiding/article_862e5578-980c-5a11-b690-7bc7d57eba1b.html

The lack of transparency in the case has fueled Internet speculation about her shooter, leading to a case of mistaken identity. Some conservative websites have falsely identified David Bailey, the black Capitol Police officer who in 2017 heroically shot and killed a Bernie Sanders supporter after he shot Rep. Steve Scalise and other Republicans practicing on a congressional baseball field.

Comparing video footage and photographs, the websites note that Bailey wears a beaded bracelet on his right wrist like the officer who is seen shooting Babbitt. But multiple authorities interviewed by RCI say agent Bailey, who is currently still assigned to Scalise's protective detail, did not shoot Babbitt and is not a subject of any investigation. They say the 35-year-old Bailey, who was awarded the Medal of Valor by President Trump, wasn't suspended and retains the title of "special agent."

© Copyright Original Source

Well, thanks, but that's not an argument I'd try to make.

I couldn't say.
                    Well, there'd have to be a LOT of co-inkydinks --- black man wearing a suit, mishandling gun, identical bracelet....

I agree that he appears to be pretty nervous. As I'm pretty sure I would be if put in the same situation.
                    Not a seasoned police officer. The very first thing you learn in police academy is "command presence". He looks like a scared civilian with no training.

Comment

....Some conservative websites have falsely identified David Bailey, the black Capitol Police officer who in 2017 heroically shot and killed a Bernie Sanders supporter after he shot Rep. Steve Scalise and other Republicans practicing on a congressional baseball field.
                      On a humorous note - that's some bad reporting! Sounds like, first, Bailey shot Scalise and other Republicans, THEN he killed a Bernie Sanders supporter.

Comment

• As the Insurrection Narrative Crumbles, Democrats Cling to it More Desperately Than Ever

This is SO true, as we see our own liberals doing everything in their power to maximize the riot on the Capitol, and minimize the ongoing riots this past Summer.

If the threat of "armed insurrectionists" and "domestic terrorists" is as great as some claim, why do they have to keep lying and peddling crude media fictions about it?

Twice in the last six weeks, warnings were issued about imminent, grave threats to public safety posed by the same type of right-wing extremists who rioted at the Capitol on January 6. And both times, these warnings ushered in severe security measures only to prove utterly baseless.

First we had the hysteria over the violence we were told was likely to occur at numerous state capitols on Inauguration Day. “Law enforcement and state officials are on high alert for potentially violent protests in the lead-up to Inauguration Day, with some state capitols boarded up and others temporarily closed ahead of Wednesday's ceremony,” announced CNN. In an even scarier formulation, NPR intoned that “the FBI is warning of protests and potential violence in all 50 state capitals ahead of President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration.”

The resulting clampdowns were as extreme as the dire warnings. Washington, D.C. was militarized more than at any point since the 9/11 attack. The military was highly visible on the streets. And, described The Washington Post, “state capitols nationwide locked down, with windows boarded up, National Guard troops deployed and states of emergency preemptively declared as authorities braced for potential violence Sunday mimicking the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol by a mob of pro-Trump rioters.” All of this, said the paper, “reflected the anxious state of the country ahead of planned demonstrations.”

But none of that happened — not even close. The Washington Post acknowledged three weeks later:
                        Despite warnings of violent plots around Inauguration Day, only a smattering of right-wing protesters appeared at the nation’s statehouses. In Tallahassee, just five armed men wearing the garb of the boogaloo movement — a loose collection of anti-government groups that say the country is heading for civil war — showed up. Police and National Guard personnel mostly ignored them.

Comment