Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Defund The Police? Minneapolis to spend $6.4M to recruit more police officers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I like the approach our Police Department is taking -- we used to have one person per shift who was certified in dealing with mentally ill people (Emotionally Disturbed Persons), but the Chief decided that every single officer - including himself - would be certified in this area. So far, we haven't even had any "defund the police" nonsense in our area.
    I like that approach. I think it will work on better than a separate group of social workers on call. We also have had a couple situations here where the social team couldn't arrive in time.

Right now in my area, the police can't sneeze but it makes the news. I think there is a defund group around here but I haven't heard of it for a couple weeks now.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Many of us are quite familiar with The Ruttles thank you. That doesn't mean that we have every joke memorized.
      My comment arose from the remark made by Diogenes that the Ruttles were a Beatles parody, which suggested that perhaps some people were not aware of that fact.
      "It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

My comment arose from the remark made by Diogenes that the Ruttles were a Beatles parody, which suggested that perhaps some people were not aware of that fact.
        Not very many from my generation aren't familiar with them if at least by name and what they were (parody band), although I'd be surprised if many Gen Xers or Millennials are familiar with them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Not very many from my generation aren't familiar with them if at least by name and what they were (parody band), although I'd be surprised if many Gen Xers or Millennials are familiar with them.
          Precisely the reason I made my comment.

Unless most of us here are oldies.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Precisely the reason I made my comment.

Unless most of us here are oldies.
            mossy throws the curve off. With her that makes the average member here roughly 200,000 years old if not older. Did I say that mossy is old?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment