Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

McCarthy/Trump Phone Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCarthy/Trump Phone Call

The phone call McCarthy made to Trump puts into perspective those calling AOC a "drama queen" for reacting to the capital invasion as she did.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/02/...achment-trial/

It's nice to see that someone eventually lost his cool with the most obnoxious and deluded POTUS in U.S. history:

The call became heated, according to the report from CNN, and Trump first tried to blame Antifa for the attack before telling McCarthy, “Well, Kevin, I guess these people are more upset about the election than you are.”

McCarthy angrily told Trump that members of the mob were trying to break into his office, and said, “Who the [expletive] do you think you are talking to?”

CNN’s latest reporting cited several House Republicans who were familiar with the call. In the wake of the insurrection, McCarthy himself spoke on the House floor and said Trump was at least partly responsible for the attack.

Originally posted by whag View Post
    The phone call McCarthy made to Trump puts into perspective those calling AOC a "drama queen" for reacting to the capital invasion as she did.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/02/...achment-trial/

It's nice to see that someone eventually lost his cool with the most obnoxious and deluded POTUS in U.S. history:

How is this tied to AOC? And, yes, I realize that the criticism of her "not being in the Capitol Building" is bogus, because she never claimed to be there, but the only "invader" into her office appears to have been a Capitol Police officer, who would have been in uniform.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

How is this tied to AOC? And, yes, I realize that the criticism of her "not being in the Capitol Building" is bogus, because she never claimed to be there, but the only "invader" into her office appears to have been a Capitol Police officer, who would have been in uniform.
      AOC has been called a “drama queen” here for daring to be outraged at breach. Meanwhile, one of Trump’s biggest supporters was freaking out over the invasion and especially Trump’s glibness about the event.

Comment

AOC has been called a “drama queen” here for daring to be outraged at breach.
        No, she was called a drama queen because she posted in such a drama queen fashion. Can the child not recognize a Capitol Police officer in uniform? She was like a PARODY of a drama queen, she was so drama queenish.

Meanwhile, one of Trump’s biggest supporters was freaking out over the invasion and especially Trump’s glibness about the event.
        If you expect me to defend Trump, you're wasting your time.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

AOC has been called a “drama queen” here for daring to be outraged at breach.

If she was actually in the Capitol building during the she wouldn't be a drama queen. She wasn't in the Capitol building though. And police would announce themselves and be in uniform.

She called a drama queen for histrionic outbursts.

P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

If she was actually in the Capitol building during the she wouldn't be a drama queen. She wasn't in the Capitol building though. And police would announce themselves and be in uniform.

She called a drama queen for histrionic outbursts.
            No, she’s called that because of AOCDS.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/04/polit...ruz/index.html

“in Ocasio-Cortez's telling of the story on Instagram, she said she had been scared that day by a man in her office she had thought was a rioter but turned out to be a Capitol Police officer. She said the officer had not initially identified himself as a member of law enforcement, had been shouting, "Where is she?" and had looked at her "with a tremendous amount of anger and hostility."

With the Gravy Seals’ cosplay fetish for dressing as security forces and stressed police in the building that day, I can see why she’d be scared. Also, bombs and rumors of bombs placed near the capital tend to be scary.

Comment

“in Ocasio-Cortez's telling of the story on Instagram, she said she had been scared that day by a man in her office she had thought was a rioter but turned out to be a Capitol Police officer. She said the officer had not initially identified himself as a member of law enforcement, had been shouting, "Where is she?" and had looked at her "with a tremendous amount of anger and hostility."

With the Gravy Seals’ cosplay fetish for dressing as security forces and stressed police in the building that day, I can see why she’d be scared. Also, bombs and rumors of bombs placed near the capital tend to be scary.
              AOC once called a sink garbage disposal a monster. Nancy Mace was very close to AOC and she had no histrionic reaction. If you've ever gone through an active shooter drill, you learn that cops don't mess around in those situation. The riot was at the entrance to the Capitol, once it was stormed, police would at her building would be trying to shut down access and secure the people in the building.

I really doubt Capitol Police wouldn't identify themselves and, they would be in uniforms not shaman costumes with war paint on their faces.
              P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

AOC once called a sink garbage disposal a monster.
                Source and context? Trump once said he'd date Ivanka if he weren't her father.

Nancy Mace was very close to AOC and she had no histrionic reaction. If you've ever gone through an active shooter drill, you learn that cops don't mess around in those situation. The riot was at the entrance to the Capitol, once it was stormed, police would at her building would be trying to shut down access and secure the people in the building.

I really doubt Capitol Police wouldn't identify themselves and, they would be in uniforms not shaman costumes with war paint on their faces.
                *Ahem* Did you miss "with the Gravy Seals’ cosplay fetish for dressing as security forces"? Also, invaders could identify themselves as police (duh!). Moreover, the cop in question hasn't disputed her account.

The Nancy Mace-AOC feud, briefly explained

On Thursday morning, Mace took to Twitter and accused Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) of lying during an account of what she went through on January 6 that she shared during an Instagram livestream earlier this week.

Ocasio-Cortez said that on that day, she feared for her life when she heard banging on doors and someone yelling, “Where is she?” while she hid in a bathroom. She thought the yelling might be coming from Trump-supporting rioters, only to later discover that the commotion was actually coming from a Capitol Police officer.

Mace mischaracterized Ocasio-Cortez’s account. While Ocasio-Cortez never actually claimed rioters entered the office building she and Mace share, Mace suggested she did, tweeting, “I’m two doors down from @aoc and no insurrectionists stormed our hallway.”

Mace’s misleading attack on Ocasio-Cortez illustrates how, in the lead-up to Trump’s impeachment trial next week, Republicans are shamelessly trying to weaponize the January 6 insurrection against Democrats. Instead of holding Trump or Republicans who indulged his lies about election to account, Republicans like Mace who initially took the insurrection seriously have pivoted to attacking Democrats and arguing it’s time for the country to move on.

Ocasio-Cortez, however, didn’t take Mace’s tweet lying down.

“Thought you’d be better”

Ocasio-Cortez responded to Mace with a tweet accusing her of “a deeply cynical & disgusting attack,” noting that in the days following the riot, Mace herself did a series of interviews in which she acknowledged that the insurrection created “a very dangerous situation” for House members and put lives “at risk.”
                Which makes sense given that invaders were chanting "Hang Mike Pence" (because Trump falsely said Pence could STS).

As Ocasio-Cortez went on to note, Mace tweeted on January 6 that her office was evacuated due to the rioting.

“Now you’re contradicting your own account to attack me for Fox News clicks,” Ocasio-Cortez continued. “It’s honestly pretty sad to see you turn around like this and throw other people under the bus. Thought you’d be better.”

Later Thursday, Ocasio-Cortez posted another Twitter thread saying she thinks it’s “Wild that @NancyMace is discrediting herself less than 1 mo in office w/ such dishonest attacks. She *went on record* saying she barricaded in fear.”

“All I can think of w/ folks like her dishonestly claiming that survivors are exaggerating are the stories of veterans and survivors in my community who deny themselves care they need & deserve bc they internalize voices like hers saying what they went through ‘wasn’t bad enough,’” added Ocasio-Cortez, who in her Instagram livestream also revealed that she’s a survivor of sexual assault.
                Histrionics: exaggerated dramatic behavior designed to attract attention.
                That sounds vaguely like what Trump did for 4 years straight, fatigued a world, and cost him a 2nd term.

Comment

Source and context?
                  https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ao...bage-disposal/

Trump once said he'd date Ivanka if he weren't her father.

Trump's creepy, so? Biden's creepy too.

Ahem* Did you miss "with the Gravy Seals’ cosplay fetish for dressing as security forces"? Also, invaders could identify themselves as police (duh!). Moreover, the cop in question hasn't disputed her account.

So AOC is oblivious to the police she sees everyday? Even in AOC's account, she saw the officer. Given her account, she doesn't seem to have had much trust in the USCP before the riot as during it she's busy sizing up the officer during the riot. During that kind of situation, the officer's priority is finding people that need to be secured and getting them to a secured areas. Being polite isn't at the top of the list, and that seems to be AOC's complaint. The problem with that is being fanatically anti-cop leads you to distrust all cops, even the ones trying to protect you.

Which makes sense given that invaders were chanting "Hang Mike Pence" (because Trump falsely said Pence could STS).
                  The Canon building wasn't invaded. The people whose lives were being threatened were in the Capitol.

That sounds vaguely like what Trump did for 4 years straight, fatigued a world, and cost him a 2nd term.
                  Trump is very histrionic, agreed. Being histrionic is rhetorical skill for politicians.

P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

OK, whag, you're a smart fella --- if the Capitol Police officer is looking at her -- and she reports that -- then she obviously sees the UNIFORMED officer, and there's no need for him to say "hey, child, lookie here at my uniform - I'm da PoPo".

Oh, WAIT --- you believe that crap that she thought the UNIFORMED POLICE officer was an imposter? Sheeeeesh... you're making her even dumber than I'm seeing her.

Comment

OK, whag, you're a smart fella ---
                      Thank you. And I believe you are, too. Let’s think this out.

if the Capitol Police officer is looking at her -- and she reports that -- then she obviously sees the UNIFORMED officer, and there's no need for him to say "hey, child, lookie here at my uniform - I'm da PoPo".
                      It’s hard to say what either person was thinking during an event that must have seemed surreal to both people. As a cop, you know that events like this play with the mind.

Oh, WAIT --- you believe that crap that she thought the UNIFORMED POLICE officer was an imposter? Sheeeeesh... you're making her even dumber than I'm seeing her.
                      I’m still not understanding why you think invaders dressed in all manner of paramilitary garb couldn’t disguise themselves as capital police. What am I missing here?

If you were responding to similar call, I don’t believe you’d assume the person was stupid but rather addled and you definitely wouldn’t say to the person you’re rescuing she’s stupid for those assumptions.

I believe that it happened as she described, and that making up a story like wouldn’t make sense. She could have been more creative without mentioning a direct witness who can easily talk to the press, who has yet to challenge her account.
                      Last edited by whag; 02-13-2021, 07:02 PM.

Comment

No, she was called a drama queen because she posted in such a drama queen fashion. Can the child not recognize a Capitol Police officer in uniform? She was like a PARODY of a drama queen, she was so drama queenish.

If you expect me to defend Trump, you're wasting your time.
                        She was hiding in a closet and could not see who was there. She only heard an unfamiliar voice yelling "Where is she?" Under the circumstances she had reason to be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post

She was hiding in a closet and could not see who was there.
                          So she saw the anger in his eyes through the closest door?

She only heard an unfamiliar voice yelling "Where is she?" Under the circumstances she had reason to be afraid.
                          Why don't you actually WATCH her little drama show, then get back to me.

Comment

So she saw the anger in his eyes through the closest door?
                            I think you know she said she came out of the bathroom and then saw him.

Comment

This whole thing is really simple. Mobs attack municipal buildings and private businesses around the country and elitist DC congressmen yawn. When their offices are in danger by a mob, they wet their pants and want heads to roll. They want their lives to be cushy and safe, and they get indignant when that security is disrupted. They don't care if you are safe or not in your homes. Like, they worry about our 2nd Amendment rights - about common people carrying guns - not because of violent crime, but because of their own skins.

It's not just the Leftists but the Rightists too who throw in with them. It is a class issue, not so much a partisan thing. Elitist parasites in DC live longer on free healthcare (provided by taxpayers) to the tune of about 4 extra years compared to the rest of the country (for white males, which most of them are). YOU are paying for them to live longer and rule your lives.

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/...ncy-white-male

life.jpg

Comment