Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Donald Trump's Impeachment Trial Begins This Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Trump's Impeachment Trial Begins This Week

This could actually be entertaining...

The Dems will have 16 hours to show pictures and videos of riots they attributed to Trump.

The Repubs will have 16 hours to show pictures and videos of some of Trump's accusers inciting riots (by their own standard)

Now, it's STILL possible that somebody may introduce a motion to dismiss, which only requires a 51% vote -- that could be interesting, as well.

Note - this is NOT an OMB thread -- please keep your psychotic OMB stuff elsewhere.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

The Dems will have 16 hours to show pictures and videos of riots they attributed to Trump.

The Repubs will have 16 hours to show pictures and videos of some of Trump's accusers inciting riots (by their own standard)

Now, it's STILL possible that somebody may introduce a motion to dismiss, which only requires a 51% vote -- that could be interesting, as well.

Note - this is NOT an OMB thread -- please keep your psychotic OMB stuff elsewhere.
    Anyone care to wager only one of these will be reported on by the MSM

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Can I counterwager inverse coverage at conservative media?

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
        I'll bet FoxNews covers pretty much the whole thing - they need the viewers.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'll bet FoxNews covers pretty much the whole thing - they need the viewers.
          I wager it'll be reported on by a curvy blonde model.

Comment

I wager it'll be reported on by a curvy blonde model.
            OK, that's not fair - there's about a 78.35671% chance of that.

Comment

OK, that's not fair - there's about a 78.35671% chance of that.
              I wager a midget with a unibrow reports on the trial. Scratch that.

I wager Geraldo Rivera reports on the trial.

Comment

I wager a midget with a unibrow reports on the trial. Scratch that.

I wager Geraldo Rivera reports on the trial.
                Geraldo's the legal commentator, having been a lawyer, so... (then they'll call in the other conservative-friendly lawyers)

I bet the other side does likewise!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  MSM will broadcast the whole thing. Fox will not.

(What is OMB?)

Comment

There is a huge distinction between attacking the seat of the USA government while all Senators and Congressmen and the VP are in attendance to validate a presidential election, and a demonstration that devolves into rioting and looting that destroys some cars and shops. There is no equivalence there. None.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post
                      MSM will broadcast the whole thing. Fox will not.
                      I think you're wrong, but we shall see.

(What is OMB?)
                      Orange Man Bad.

Comment

There is a huge distinction between attacking the seat of the USA government while all Senators and Congressmen and the VP are in attendance to validate a presidential election, and a demonstration that devolves into rioting and looting that destroys some cars and shops. There is no equivalence there. None.
                        There's also a difference between mens rea and stupidity.
                        P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

There is a huge distinction between attacking the seat of the USA government while all Senators and Congressmen and the VP are in attendance to validate a presidential election,
                          And the people who did that should be held accountable -- that's one of the principles of conservatism -- individual responsibility. They should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

and a demonstration that devolves into rioting and looting that destroys some cars and shops.
                          So.... you're REALLY going to play the "some people did something" card?

There is no equivalence there. None.
                          Have you actually watched a montage of angry liberal politicians calling for confrontations with 'the other side'? Using combative rhetoric even stronger than Trump used?

Comment

I'd take that bet.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

And the people who did that should be held accountable -- that's one of the principles of conservatism -- individual responsibility. They should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

So.... you're REALLY going to play the "some people did something" card?

Have you actually watched a montage of angry liberal politicians calling for confrontations with 'the other side'? Using combative rhetoric even stronger than Trump used?
                              Excuse, justify, rationalize, downlplay. That has been the standard.

Comment