Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

WH Walks Back Biden Comment On Iran Sanctions:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WH Walks Back Biden Comment On Iran Sanctions:

(I still envision Psaki with that pink commie Russian hat )

White House press secretary Jen Psaki clarified at Monday's press briefing the Biden administration's current position on resuming negotiations with Iran whether or not they stop enriching Uranium that could be used for building nuclear weapons.

During an interview with CBS News that aired on Sunday, Biden appeared to say he would not resume negotiations as long as Iran continued the enrichment process.

Psaki argued that Biden did not actually say that, but only nodded his head when the interviewer asked him in the form of a question.

Iran replied to Biden's nod on Sunday:

iran psaki.jpg

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

It's good Twitter doesn't discriminate against Khameini.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      He's a very nice man who's only expressing his opinion, you... you.... [insert really bad name here]!!!!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

He's a very nice man who's only expressing his opinion, you... you.... [insert really bad name here]!!!!
        Jack Dorsey would give a Twitter account to Hitler if he was still alive. But Trump?

Comment

pink psaki.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
            For the left screaming "Death to America!" every day is anything but divisive hate speech

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

White House press secretary Jen Psaki clarified at Monday's press briefing the Biden administration's current position on resuming negotiations with Iran whether or not they stop enriching Uranium that could be used for building nuclear weapons.

During an interview with CBS News that aired on Sunday, Biden appeared to say he would not resume negotiations as long as Iran continued the enrichment process.

Psaki argued that Biden did not actually say that, but only nodded his head when the interviewer asked him in the form of a question.

Iran replied to Biden's nod on Sunday:

iran psaki.jpg

It sounds like Iran is open to reinstating the Iran agreement, which is good.
              They are, however, insisting on conditions that would not fly, but I assume are open to negotiation.
              We will see.
              It would be good if Biden can get them to end their nuclear weapons program, and we should all hope he is successful.

Comment

Originally posted by kccd View Post
                It sounds like Iran is open to reinstating the Iran agreement, which is good.
                I think you are misled -- Iran wants to call the shots - they see Biden as weak, and they'll play him like a fine kazoo.

They are, however, insisting on conditions that would not fly, but I assume are open to negotiation.
                Why would you assume that? They're masters at pretending to be ready to negotiate so that they can have some breathing room to do what they want to do.
                They have preconditioned the lifting of sanctions.

We will see.
                It would be good if Biden can get them to end their nuclear weapons program, and we should all hope he is successful.
                Biden is much better at keeping schools from opening and shutting down pipelines than he is at negotiating from a position of strength.

Comment

I don't get why this pink hat is a thing with conservatives.
                  She was at a meeting with Russians and they exchanged silly gifts (the Russians got American potatoes), and she put the hat on for a photo. This does not make her a commie. It makes her a polite diplomat.

OTOH, conservatives said nothing when Trump stood next to Putin in Helsinki and publicly took his word over the intel from our own USA intelligence agencies! And never issued a correction!! But that was A-OK.

Comment

I don't get why this pink hat is a thing with conservatives.
                    She was at a meeting with Russians and they exchanged silly gifts (the Russians got American potatoes), and she put the hat on for a photo. This does not make her a commie. It makes her a polite diplomat.
                    I apologize - I didn't realize you were there.

OTOH, conservatives said nothing when Trump stood next to Putin in Helsinki and publicly took his word over the intel from our own USA intelligence agencies! And never issued a correction!! But that was A-OK.
                    Have you spoken to all of the conservatives in the world? MAN, you get around!

Comment

I think you are misled -- Iran wants to call the shots - they see Biden as weak, and they'll play him like a fine kazoo.

Why would you assume that? They're masters at pretending to be ready to negotiate so that they can have some breathing room to do what they want to do.
                      They have preconditioned the lifting of sanctions.

Biden is much better at keeping schools from opening and shutting down pipelines than he is at negotiating from a position of strength.
                      Huh? Iran wants to end sanctions and reinstate the former treaty, but they have set conditions that are unacceptable.
                      Kind of like Republicans in Congress who want to cut the covid relief bill by 2/3.
                      Not gonna happen.

Their country is reeling economically from the sanctions, and so we have the upper hand. If they do nothing, they might end up with a bomb, but will also have a starving populace ready for revolution.

Comment

Huh? Iran wants to end sanctions and reinstate the former treaty, but they have set conditions that are unacceptable.
                        Well, they want to end sanctions, for sure, and PRETEND to abide by the former treaty, which was a joke, anyway.

Kind of like Republicans in Congress who want to cut the covid relief bill by 2/3.
                        Not gonna happen.
                        Perhaps you could start another thread on how good it is to keep spending trillions of dollars that include paybacks to political contributors and funding of all kinds of social engineering?

Their country is reeling economically from the sanctions,
                        FINALLY, something on which we agree!

and so we have the upper hand.
                        And Biden will squander that just like Obama did.

If they do nothing, they might end up with a bomb, but will also have a starving populace ready for revolution.
                        wow

Comment

Not gonna happen.

Their country is reeling economically from the sanctions, and so we have the upper hand. If they do nothing, they might end up with a bomb, but will also have a starving populace ready for revolution.
                          It was never a treaty. Treaties have to go through the Senate and are legally binding.
                          P1) If , then I win.

P2)

C) I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post

It was never a treaty. Treaties have to go through the Senate and are legally binding.
                            Obama wanted a feather in his cap and didn't care what price the country had to pay in order to make him look good.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Diogenes View Post
                              EGGcellent point!

Comment