Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Chicago mayor demands, again, that teachers return to class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Not only that, but we'll shift back to dependence on foreign oil.

Biden is bowing to the New Green Deal crowd.
    Prior to old Joe snoozing in the White House we were an energy supplier (produced more than we used), I wonder if he'll FUBAR (that's Fouled Up Beyond All Recognition) things so badly that we'll have to start importing again

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Prior to old Joe snoozing in the White House we were an energy supplier (produced more than we used), I wonder if he'll FUBAR (that's Fouled Up Beyond All Recognition) things so badly that we'll have to start importing again
      It will be interesting to see how the unions react in the midterms -- if there will be payback for his kicking them in the teeth -- assuming he'll eventually take a stand that students do, indeed, need to go back to school.

I saw a journalist ask Pinky why Joe didn't "follow the science", because the CDC has spoken -- Pinky's bizarre answer was "well, she (the spokesperson for CDC) was speaking personally, not as director of the CDC, and we're waiting for "official guidance".

Psaki says Biden wants schools open, but won't commit to standing up to union obstruction

Psaki also said that Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Rochelle Walensky wasn't discussing official CDC guidance but rather new data as she's repeatedly said in recent days that teachers don't need to be vaccinated for schools to reopen in person.

"Dr. Walensky spoke to this in her personal capacity. Obviously, she's the head of the CDC. But we're going to wait for the final guidance to come out so we can use that as a guide for schools around the country," Psaki said. "[Biden] believes that even with vaccinations for teachers or for any American, that there are a number of other mitigation steps that are important to take ... the wearing of masks, social distancing, ventilation, these are all factors that are important for... the reopening of schools."

Pinky is either a liar or a moron.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how the unions react in the midterms -- if there will be payback for his kicking them in the teeth -- assuming he'll eventually take a stand that students do, indeed, need to go back to school.

I saw a journalist ask Pinky why Joe didn't "follow the science", because the CDC has spoken -- Pinky's bizarre answer was "well, she (the spokesperson for CDC) was speaking personally, not as director of the CDC, and we're waiting for "official guidance".

Psaki says Biden wants schools open, but won't commit to standing up to union obstruction

Psaki also said that Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Director Rochelle Walensky wasn't discussing official CDC guidance but rather new data as she's repeatedly said in recent days that teachers don't need to be vaccinated for schools to reopen in person.

"Dr. Walensky spoke to this in her personal capacity. Obviously, she's the head of the CDC. But we're going to wait for the final guidance to come out so we can use that as a guide for schools around the country," Psaki said. "[Biden] believes that even with vaccinations for teachers or for any American, that there are a number of other mitigation steps that are important to take ... the wearing of masks, social distancing, ventilation, these are all factors that are important for... the reopening of schools."

AND, in the case of Chicago, Lightfoot's frustration was that she (and the city of Chicago) had spent boatloads of money responding to the demands of the union, and the union STILL refuses to open the schools.

The Dems are getting a taste of their own medicine.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I saw the press conference. Her claims about the CDC definitely raised an eyebrow. They've issuing guidelines for opening schools since last year and last month they published research in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), Data and Policy to Guide Opening Schools Safely to Limit the Spread of SARS-CoV-2 Infection stating quite clearly that

As many schools have reopened for in-person instruction in some parts of the US as well as internationally, school-related cases of COVID-19 have been reported, but there has been little evidence that schools have contributed meaningfully to increased community transmission.

the type of rapid spread that was frequently observed in congregate living facilities or high-density worksites has not been reported in education settings in schools

And as an article in NPR (hardly a hotbed for Chicom coronavirus denialism) notes

Meanwhile, evidence mounts of the social, emotional and academic toll remote learning has taken on children, especially in already vulnerable, low-income communities.

To paraphrase a famous line from President Reagan, "Mr. Biden, open these schools!"

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            I saw the press conference. Her claims about the CDC definitely raised an eyebrow. They've issuing guidelines for opening schools since last year and last month they published research in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), Data and Policy to Guide Opening Schools Safely to Limit the Spread of SARS-CoV-2 Infection stating quite clearly that

As many schools have reopened for in-person instruction in some parts of the US as well as internationally, school-related cases of COVID-19 have been reported, but there has been little evidence that schools have contributed meaningfully to increased community transmission.

the type of rapid spread that was frequently observed in congregate living facilities or high-density worksites has not been reported in education settings in schools

And as an article in NPR (hardly a hotbed for Chicom coronavirus denialism) notes

Meanwhile, evidence mounts of the social, emotional and academic toll remote learning has taken on children, especially in already vulnerable, low-income communities.

To paraphrase a famous line from President Reagan, "Mr. Biden, open these schools!"

I'm wondering how long the press corps is going to put up with her pathological lying charm offensive.

Comment

I'm wondering how long the press corps is going to put up with her pathological lying charm offensive.
              Apparently they're still putting up with her "requesting" they give her their questions in advance (you might not get called on if you don't):

I should add that the above is from the Babylon Bee

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06;n1235385To [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tear_down_this_wall!
                paraphrase a famous line from President Reagan[/url], "Mr. Biden, open these schools!"
                Better --- "Mr Biden - tear down these unions!"

(noting, of course, that can't ever happen, because the Dems can't win without the unions - and the teachers unions are some of the biggest contributors)

Comment

Better --- "Mr Biden - tear down these unions!"

(noting, of course, that can't ever happen, because the Dems can't win without the unions - and the teachers unions are some of the biggest contributors)
                  Teachers Unions: Top Contributors to Federal Candidates, Parties, and Outside Groups

teacher unions.jpg

Comment

Here's some commentary from someone who listened to a Minnesota call with a state senator about reopening schools.

What I think are highlights from the article:
                    • This is a wealthy district. Surprise, the parents having money isn't solving the problem
                    • Kids are depressed and suicidal
                    • Parents are crying over what is happening to their kids
                    • The state senator had no empathy for the situation
                    • The author ends by telling parents to move to states where the schools are open
                    Here's a link to the article. It short and no warnings needed: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...071526400.html
                    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                      Here's some commentary from someone who listened to a Minnesota call with a state senator about reopening schools.

What I think are highlights from the article:
                      • This is a wealthy district. Surprise, the parents having money isn't solving the problem
                      • Kids are depressed and suicidal
                      • Parents are crying over what is happening to their kids
                      • The state senator had no empathy for the situation
                      • The author ends by telling parents to move to states where the schools are open
                      Here's a link to the article. It short and no warnings needed: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...071526400.html
                      It's mainly the UNIONS (and politicians beholden to them) who are foisting this travesty on our children.

Comment