Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Barack Hussein Obama foreign policy disaster megathread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Nick, can you actually show me where he said his number one priority is NOT any of those things? Or did you just add all that because you're somewhat of a drama queen?

The REASON he wanted Obama to be a "One-term-president" is because OBama was NOT focused on creating jobs (remember the "well, they weren't as shovel-ready as we thought" nonsense?) or fixing the economy, or keeping Americans safe --- Obama was busy fooling Americans into swallowing his disastrous health care fiasco.
    All you need to do is check out the current unemployment and poverty levels to see just what is going on. I found this web site here very interesting in giving some current numbers on lots of different issues. The US population has jumped up a few million since 2008, but the unemployment numbers have jumped, the number of people living below poverty have jumped, and the people on food stamps have jumped since 2008 by a far greater number then our population has increased by. Here it is, over 5 years after Obama has been in office and somehow, things keep getting blamed on Bush. I wonder how long it will be until Obama actually takes on the blame from people like Nick or Jimmy. I'm guessing Bush will still be to blame in 2017, just as he is today, in their minds and Obama isn't responsible for anything.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

Here it is, over 5 years after Obama has been in office and somehow, things keep getting blamed on Bush. I wonder how long it will be until Obama actually takes on the blame from people like Nick or Jimmy. I'm guessing Bush will still be to blame in 2017, just as he is today, in their minds and Obama isn't responsible for anything.
      I guess when you "lead from behind" you aren't responsible for anything that happens.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        My boy Regan? Since when did he become 'my boy'? I think your black/white mentality is showing Nick. Because I am critical of Obama, I have to be a republican?
        Nick:
        No, you don’t “have” to be a Republican. You’re an “Independent” that probably always votes either Republican or Libertarian. Am I wrong? If So, who is the last Liberal or progressive you voted for?

LPOT:
        Who made up that rule? Also, he 'tripled the debt'? That is pretty vague there Nick. Believe it or not, I did pass math class in high school and know how these little math games work. If you owe me 1 dollar, borrow 3 dollars and now owe me 4 dollars. Have you 'tripled' your debt? Yes you have. [..stuff deleted for space...]
        Nick:
        When I said he “tripled the debt.” I mean exactly what I wrote. But you know what? I was wrong.

Reagan took office in January of 1981, so I used the TDO for the next FY. As of 9/28/1981, the TDO was 997,855,000,000.00. At the same point in 1989, it was 2,857,430,960,187.32. That’s an increase of 1,859,575,960,187.32, or 186%. So he didn’t actually “triple,” it; he “almost” tripled it. To triple it, the TDO would have needed to be at least $2,993,565,000,000.00. So since 2,857,430,960,187.32 is relatively close to $2,993,565,000,000.00, I think I was not far off.
        LPOT:
        Then you didn't look hard enough because I found the figures right up to two days ago, but you are right on this one (hey, even a broken clock can be right once in a while), but don't worry though. Your boy Obama is already well on his way to beating Bush's record.
        Nick:
        Shrugs, if that helps you sleep at night, you can blame Obama. But you would still be wrong. 5 years after Obama has left office, in 2022, if there are still problems with the ACA (Obamacare), I have no qualms about blaming it on Obama because that’s his child legislation.

Most of the debt we have now comes from policies that GWB either enacted, encouraged, or continued. I.e. Medicare part D, Two unfunded wars, a trillion dollar unfunded tax cut, and policies that exacerbated the financial crisis of 2008, which plunged the US into a recession, and lowered tax receipts as an obvious side effect. That’s why much of the blame can be rightly ascribed to GWB. It’s as simple as that.

If Obama is unable to clean it up, then we can say he wasn’t a good enough president to solve the problems facing America. But there is a vast difference between being unable to solve a problem and being the cause of the problem.
        That’s why I blame Bush for America’s problems and Obama for being unable to fix them.
        LPOT:
        Again, what is it with this fundy mentality that if I'm critical of Obama, I have to be a Bush and Regan fan girl? Who made up that rule?
        Nick:
        The way you defend Bush below makes that rule.

LPOT:
        Also, what did you expect Bush to do after a major terrorist attack happened against American citizens, which happened shortly after he took office? Was he suppose to say, "Ok guys, please turn yourself in." Funny how many forget how the democrats of the time were beating the warm drum, right along with the republicans and people conveniently 'forget' that little part and want to blame Bush for something democrats and republicans alike were calling for, eh? We have to forget that little part.
        Nick:
        The problem I’m discussing here is not that Bush went to war; it’s that he “forgot” to fund them. Do you know what the tax rate was during WWII? <-- That’s not a rhetorical question. That’s what real patriots looked like. What kind moron of goes to war, then cuts taxes?........Oh, wait.
        LPOT:
        Finally, he singly handily put us into a 'depression worse since the great depression'? How did he do that one? Was he the one that told the banks to make bad loans? Lol, you act as though Bush is some kind of evil mastermind, what possible control does Bush or Obama have over the economy?
        Nick:
        Emphasis mine. So now “facilitate” and “singly handily” are synonymous terms? I wrote “facilitate:” that means that he helped it happen. Not cause it all on his own.
        LPOT:
        Besides, your buddy Obama has little to talk about, more Americans then ever are currently unemployed, more living below the poverty line, more are on food stamps, and rich people are even richer now, then they have been since the 1920's. Obama seems to be doing such a lovely job, right now, with that whole 'recovery' thing, isn't he?
        Nick:
        I think Obama’s doing an okay job. I think his middle east policies were not too bad. I read an article on Politico that discussed some of the tensions that Obama has with the Pentagon and how he was determined to get out of Afghanistan by time instead of by progress. He should have insisted Iraq sign the SOFA to keep troops there, but at least his pull out policies will save us money.

As Far as Russia, I think he could take a more hard-line stance…like threaten to pull out of the START Nuclear Treaties.
        LPOT:
        Gosh, who needs enemies when you got friends like that? Sorry Nick, but you're rather off bases here. Although I do enjoy the charges of being a republican. Obviously, you don't know that I hold the republicans at about the same level of contempt that I hold the democrats to. Both parties are more interested in playing games to keep themselves in power then they are in serving those who elect them. A good house and senate cleaning is well needed, hopefully every last one of them gets thrown out and we get a totally new congress (although that is pie in the sky stuff that I know will never happen).
        Nick:
        I’m sorry Crystal, but I think it’s worse to be an “all parties are bad” kind of person than it is to be an extreme partisan. You may think both parties are corrupt, but you spend most of your time either defending Republicans, or their policies/ ideologies (prolife – pro “guns rights,” pro-businesses).
        Well, at least you’re not a YEC or a Climate change denier.
        LPOT:
        Don't worry Nick, I know you will not let the facts get in the way.
        Nick:
        We need a nostalgia smiley. I honestly was worried I’d never get the chance to exchange banter with you ever again when the website went down. Your above quip literally brought ½ of a tear to my right eye.

LPOT:
        Most people would be smart enough to figure out I made a bit of a typo. I guess you're more interested in playing games then you are in discussing things, eh?
        Nick:
        Of course I knew you made a typo. My sarcastic question was nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt to hide the fact I was too lazy to back up my claim. I have been cured of that laziness now.
        My original claim was this:
        It's unfortunate that the Republican Party and those who support them on this thread enforce them as being the party of "No." Their answer to everything is No - No solutions, and no progress.
        Now, my wording was both sloppy, clichéd, and very talking points-oriented. Bill the Cat was certainly right for calling me out on it. What I should have more specifically said was that
        Many Republicans leaders and politicians, as well as those who defend them on this thread, offer little to no solutions to the problems facing our country, and instead generally tend to bloviate upon the alleged problems with the president. They have offered little to no solutions to their criticisms of Obama.

Here are some very specific examples.
        Representative Cathy McMorris, Rogers (R-Wa), gave a response to Obama’s SOTU address. Let me first preface this by saying that there would be no realistic way for her to have listened to his speech, then wrote a response that was a direct rebuttal of his words. Well, a very skilled orator may have been able to do so, but it’s more prudent to judge our leaders by their actions, not their ability to say pretty words. Anyway, here is the transcript to her speech..

President Obama, in his speech offered specific solutions to America’s problems. Even if you disagree with them, he said what he will actually do. (ex: raise the minimum wage for federal contractors to $10/hr) What did Rep Rogers offer?
        … tonight I'd like to share a more hopeful, Republican vision...
        Well…….?
        “champions free markets,”-- How did that work out in 2008?

“It helps working families rise above the limits of poverty and protects our most vulnerable.” How?
        “So, when I showed my 4H animals at the county fair, my parents used to say to me, "Cathy, you need to save this money so you can go to college one day!"

So I did -- I saved, I worked hard, and I became the first in my family to graduate from college.”
         What was the inflation-adjusted price of college when you went and now?
        “To grow the working middle class, not the government;”Please name the last Republican president that “grew the working middle class” or “shrunk the government.”
        I could continue on, but this is what I am talking about. Bless Rep. Rogers’ heart and her “hard work,”but her response, whoever wrote it, was an epic fail. All it offered were useless platitudes and inane antidotes’ from her personal experiences growing up in a vastly different political landscape.

Comment

Nick, can you actually show me where he said his number one priority is NOT any of those things? Or did you just add all that because you're somewhat of a drama queen?

The REASON he wanted Obama to be a "One-term-president" is because OBama was NOT focused on creating jobs (remember the "well, they weren't as shovel-ready as we thought" nonsense?) or fixing the economy, or keeping Americans safe --- Obama was busy fooling Americans into swallowing his disastrous health care fiasco.
          Nick:
          Come now CP, You don't need me to show you that. You can figure it out on your own. (If I sound condescending, you're just going to have to forgive me because that's no how I'm trying to be.)

The phrase "number one priority" is mutually exclusive. If any one thing is the number one priorty, then by definition, anything else must not be that thing; specifically, it must be secondary, tertiary, lesser, or not a priority at all.. That's a simple tautology that is nevertheless useful becuase it demonstrates my point. A if and only if A.

If A = "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president." Mich McConnell National Journal on Oct. 23, 2010 (Source)

Then that excludes creating jobs, keeping America safe, and fixing the economy from being the "single most important thing they want to achieve." To argue otherwise is to be illogical. And you're not illogical.

Cheers,

Nick

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            I guess when you "lead from behind" you aren't responsible for anything that happens.
            Nick:
            Of course. Obama has more control over the military than he does over the economy. But it's perfectly reasonable for Republicans, and Libertarians, to blame him for the economy, but give him little to no credit for having Osama Bin Laden killed.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickcopernicus View Post
              No, you don’t “have” to be a Republican. You’re an “Independent” that probably always votes either Republican or Libertarian. Am I wrong? If So, who is the last Liberal or progressive you voted for?
              Last election, now try this again Nick or do you want to keep pretending you know what my views here? I don't even look for the party under their name. I look at their record, what their views are, and if they are consistent with following the views they give.

When I said he “tripled the debt.” I mean exactly what I wrote. But you know what? I was wrong.

Reagan took office in Januar... {cut for post length}
              Finally, you gave some numbers, but don't worry... your buddy Obama has already well beat that record and is well on his way to topping 20 trillion before his term is up. Don't worry though Nick, you can pretend I'm a Regan fan girl even when I say he got some things right and other things dead wrong. Hey, why tell you my views when I got you to tell me what my views are?

Shrugs, if that helps you sleep at night, you can blame Obama. But you would still be wrong. 5 years after Obama has left office, in 2022, if there are still problems with the ACA (Obamacare), I have no qualms about blaming it on Obama because that’s his child legislation.
              And we have been under Obama's 'plan' for how long there Nick? Yet, unemployment has gone up, people living below poverty has gone up, and those on food stamps have gone up. This can all be confirmed, just by looking around the web and even the governments own sources will confirm all of this. Yep, looks like Obama is doing a fantastic job with his 'shovel ready' job program. Don't worry though, you can still be blaming Bush in 2060 for all the ills of the world, rather he had much to do with it or not.
              Most of the debt we have now comes from policies that GWB either enacted, encouraged, or continued. I.e. Medicare part D, Two unfunded wars, a trillion dollar unfunded tax cut, and policies that exacerbated the financial crisis of 2008, which plunged the US into a recession, and lowered tax receipts as an obvious side effect. That’s why much of the blame can be rightly ascribed to GWB. It’s as simple as that.
              And who was the one beating the war drum's, right along with the republicans back in the early 2000's? Wasn't that Democrats? Who was the one that said he was going to pull troops out and we still have troops there? Wasn't that also our democrat friends? Also, funny... back in 2008, I remember even the liberal media praising the fast action of the government in bailing out business that are 'too big to fail'. What did you already forget that stuff too? Did you also forget that the whole mess that lead to the housing bubble started back in the 90's, during Clinton's era? Don't worry though, everything in Bush's fault and magically... nothing is the fault of Obama, no matter what! How is that fantasy land working for you Nick? Sorry, but Obama is as much at fault as you want to claim Bush is, the difference is that I'm not making excuses for the mistakes Bush or Regan made, you keep making them for Obama though. Why is that?

If Obama is unable to clean it up, then we can say he wasn’t a good enough president to solve the problems facing America. But there is a vast difference between being unable to solve a problem and being the cause of the problem.
              That’s why I blame Bush for America’s problems and Obama for being unable to fix them.
              Sorry there Nick, but Obama has been the source for a good deal of America's problems too, so stop making excuses for him and his mistakes and just face the reality that democrats and republicans alike are to blame for the situation we currently find ourselves in. No part or president is 'fully responsible'.

The way you defend Bush below makes that rule.
              You mean the way that I want to see the reality that Obama is as much at fault for the situations we find ourselves in as Bush is? Oh, I forgot... we can only blame the republicans for all the ills of the world. Democrats are magically exempt.

The problem I’m discussing here is not that Bush went to war; it’s that he “forgot” to fund them. Do you know what the tax rate was during WWII? <-- That’s not a rhetorical question. That’s what real patriots looked like. What kind moron of goes to war, then cuts taxes?........Oh, wait.
              Who are the morons that approve all tax cuts and funding? Isn't that those republican and democrat morons sitting in congress? Don't believe me, here is what the US Constitution says in Article 1, section 8:

"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;"

So how did 'Bush' set the tax rate, on his own there Nick without the democrats in congress jumping on board with it? Why do people always want to blame the president and totally ignore what group is responsible for setting tax rates. Now, do keep trying with your 'Bush is to blame for everything' while totally ignoring that your buddies in Congress (including Obama, who was a member of congress, at the time) are the ones that approved it.

Emphasis mine. So now “facilitate” and “singly handily” are synonymous terms? I wrote “facilitate:” that means that he helped it happen. Not cause it all on his own.
              Things don't fall apart in a single day Nick, but depressions usually are the results of actions that have been coming down the pipeline for awhile. Just as the great depression wasn't just one thing, but many things, so was this one. Bush has some of the blame, the congressmen that set it up have some of the blame, and the stupid bankers also share the blame. I'm guessing next, you're going to blame Hoover for the great depression when he just happened to be the one stuck holding the check when everything went south.

I think Obama’s doing an okay job. I think his middle east policies were not too bad. I read an article on Politico that discussed some of the tensions that Obama has with the Pentagon and how he was determined to get out of Afghanistan by time instead of by progress. He should have insisted Iraq sign the SOFA to keep troops there, but at least his pull out policies will save us money.
              Such Nick, and yet... here we are, we more people living in poverty, more people on welfare, more people jobless, and more people struggling to make ends meat then ever before. If you ignore that though, he is doing a pretty bang up job.

As Far as Russia, I think he could take a more hard-line stance…like threaten to pull out of the START Nuclear Treaties.
              History seems to show us, that Russia responds more to actions then threats. Plus, it isn't as though Obama has made good on many of the threats he has made anyway, so why should Russia believe him?

I’m sorry Crystal, but I think it’s worse to be an “all parties are bad” kind of person than it is to be an extreme partisan. You may think both parties are corrupt, but you spend most of your time either defending Republicans, or their policies/ ideologies (prolife – pro “guns rights,” pro-businesses).
              My dad is a Democrat that also defends gun rights and is anti abortion advocate himself, so do you really want to try this again? I wasn't aware that supporting X, makes you a republican. Gun rights are defended by the US Constitution (rather you like it or not). Considering that I was born a few months after my parents were married, what do you expect me to be Nick? I guess I was just lucky that I wasn't killed for being inconvenient, at the time? And 'pro businesses' could that be because I know many business owners and see how laws affect them first hand? Many people, in my family, are business owners and they are not evil people. Why shouldn't I support their right to open their own business and support their family with it?

Well, at least you’re not a YEC or a Climate change denier.
              Well, at least we now know your mentality, if you support X group, you have to be a Republican. There is no other option, eh? Besides, don't you find it rather odd that so many Democrat members of congress, are business owners that have personal fortunes in the millions of dollars range? Do you really think that people, with vested interest in business, are going to kneecap themselves?

We need a nostalgia smiley. I honestly was worried I’d never get the chance to exchange banter with you ever again when the website went down. Your above quip literally brought ½ of a tear to my right eye.
              So you will not let the facts get in the way. Got it.

Of course I knew you made a typo. My sarcastic question was nothing more than a thinly veiled attempt to hide the fact I was too lazy to back up my claim. I have been cured of that laziness now.
              My original claim was this:[indent][I]It's unfortunate that the Republic.... {snipped for post length}
              Hummm, I joined the military to pay for my college and my husband's work has a program to pay for schooling, if he wants to go as well. Sorry Nick, but it can be done today as well as it was done years ago. Shoot, the internet should make many things a breeze when it comes to find scholarship information out there. Instead of whining, perhaps finding ways to do it is the way to go? After all, didn't you take the military path yourself?
              Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 03-16-2014, 07:20 AM.
              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Nick:
                Of course. Obama has more control over the military than he does over the economy. But it's perfectly reasonable for Republicans, and Libertarians, to blame him for the economy, but give him little to no credit for having Osama Bin Laden killed.
                You mean the system that was set up, by Bush that helped Obama to locate Osama Bin Laden ? Funny how all the bad stuff gets blamed on Bush, but Obama gets the credit for the good stuff. How quint.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Nick:
                  Come now CP, You don't need me to show you that. You can figure it out on your own. (If I sound condescending, you're just going to have to forgive me because that's no how I'm trying to be.)
                  You sound like a Jackwagon, Nick.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• If I cut out parts of your reply, it’s to reduce post length and not to “cut you off.” I apologize in advance.
                    Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                    Last election, now try this again Nick or do you want to keep pretending you know what my views here?
                    Nick:
                    Okay, I’ll consider myself corrected. However, you do seem to spend an inordinate amount of time defending republicans and not a lot of time (other than in Nat SCI giving good arguments against YEC) defending “liberals.” So you understand why I accuse you of being republican, right?
                    LPOT:
                    Finally, you gave some numbers, but don't worry... your buddy Obama has already well beat that record and is well on his way to topping 20 trillion before his term is up.
                    NICK:
                    IRRC, it’s been over 100 years since a president left office with the national debt less when he went in than when he took office. Therefore, every president for the last 100 years has sent new records for TDO. I’m not sure why it’s only seen as a problem when Obama took office. Sure 17T is a lot of money, but so was 10T under Bush 5T under Clinton, 2.8T under Regan, ect
                    LPOT:
                    And we have been under Obama's 'plan' for how long there Nick? Yet, unemployment has gone up, people living below poverty has gone up, and those on food stamps have gone up. This can all be confirmed, just by looking around the web and even the governments own sources will confirm all of this. Yep, looks like Obama is doing a fantastic job with his 'shovel ready' job program. Don't worry though, you can still be blaming Bush in 2060 for all the ills of the world, rather he had much to do with it or not.
                    Nick:
                    Unemployment has went up, peaked at about 10%, then went down.
                    More people in poverty? There are more people living in America, plus that’s what happens in a recession; same with foodstamps. You have a passing knowledge of how economies work. I’m not sure what you think throwing those talking points out there accomplishes. So Obama should go back to what was happing when he took office? An exploding deficit, losing 700,000 jobs per month, and a shrinking economy?
                    What exactly should Obama have done instead. Cut taxes? Whoops, he already did that.

LPOT:
                    And who was the one beating the war drum's, right along with the republicans back in the early 2000's? Wasn't that Democrats?
                    Nick:
                    We’re talking about Obama. Was he beating war drums? No.
                    LPOT:
                    Who was the one that said he was going to pull troops out and we still have troops there?
                    Nick:
                    He said he was pulling out combat troops, and he did.
                    LPOT:
                    Wasn't that also our democrat friends? Also, funny... back in 2008, I remember even the liberal media praising the fast action of the government in bailing out business that are 'too big to fail'. What did you already forget that stuff too?
                    Nick:
                    The Bailout was a response to fix the problem, not the cause of the problem. Please don’t conflate these two things again. Thanks in advance.
                    LPOT:
                    Did you also forget that the whole mess that lead to the housing bubble started back in the 90's, during Clinton's era?
                    Nick:
                    No.
                    LPOT:
                    Don't worry though, everything in Bush's fault and magically... nothing is the fault of Obama, no matter what! How is that fantasy land working for you Nick? Sorry, but Obama is as much at fault as you want to claim Bush is, the difference is that I'm not making excuses for the mistakes Bush or Regan made, you keep making them for Obama though. Why is that?
                    Nick:
                    Crystal. Please, pretty please, with sugar on top, can we have a rational discussion, in good faith, were you don’t take what I say, exaggerate it, then when I point out you’re exaggerating, you accuse me of saying the exact opposite of what I said?
                    Where did I say or imply that everything was Bush’s fault or even that he was remotely responsible for most of our countries’ problems?
                    I said I blame problems in America on Bush, but colloquially, after I said he facilitated it, it would be understood by anyone arguing with me in good faith what I meant by that.
                    LPOT:
                    You mean the way that I want to see the reality that Obama is as much at fault for the situations we find ourselves in as Bush is? Oh, I forgot... we can only blame the republicans for all the ills of the world. Democrats are magically exempt.
                    Nick:

LPOT:
                    Who are the morons that approve all tax cuts and funding? Isn't that those republican and democrat morons sitting in congress? Don't believe me, here is what the US Constitution says in Article 1, section 8:

"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;"
                    Nick:
                    Who controlled all three branches of government in when we declared war on terror in 2001, sent troops into Iraq in 2003? Who approved Bush’s tax cuts in 2003, why were they called “The Bush Tax Cuts” and who controlled both the house and senate?

Now you’re just being silly.

LPOT:
                    So how did 'Bush' set the tax rate, on his own there Nick without the democrats in congress jumping on board with it? Why do people always want to blame the president and totally ignore what group is responsible for setting tax rates. Now, do keep trying with your 'Bush is to blame for everything' while totally ignoring that your buddies in Congress (including Obama, who was a member of congress, at the time) are the ones that approved it.
                    Nick:
                    Crystal, I don’t like calling people names, but I’m afraid here you’re either ignorant of history or especially full of crap.

When Obamacare was enacted, Nancy Pelosi said it was “bi-partisan” because one moderate republican from Maine in the HoR voted for it. Her argument was as inane as yours.

Do you remember how Democrats were able to get it passed even without 60 votes in the Senate? Budget Reconciliation. What Republicans at the time said was an underhanded tactic.
                    Do you know how the Bush Tax Cuts were enacted in 2001 and 2003? You guessed it. Hypocrite Republicans.

Do you really want to take the position of asking why I blame the unfunded wars on Bush when he asked for the budgets and tax cuts, and asked for congressional authorization for war, and then his Republican allies in congress gave it to him?

I’m afraid I’m going to have to ask you to admit you’re wrong or being very partisan here or I see no reason to continue this conversation.

Comment

You sound like a Jackwagon, Nick.
                      Nick:
                      I had to Googol this term as I had no idea what you were talking about. Apparently, it can mean anything from a male homosexual, to a formidable person, to, according to yahoo answers, the last wagon on a convoy that had to breathe a lot of dust and therefore was undesirable to be in. Hence a complainer.

You'll have to forgive me, I'm younger than you are, but apparently, you're more "hip" with the internets than I am.

So you agree that I was right?

Comment

Nick:
                        I had to Googol this term as I had no idea what you were talking about. Apparently, it can mean anything from a male homosexual, to a formidable person, to, according to yahoo answers, the last wagon on a convoy that had to breathe a lot of dust and therefore was undesirable to be in. Hence a complainer.

You'll have to forgive me, I'm younger than you are, but apparently, you're more "hip" with the internets than I am.

So you agree that I was right?
                        No

And it's "google", not "googol".
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Grrr... stupid internet ate my entire reply, but let me help you out here Nick. Go and check the voting records for all of these things you bring up and see where the voting record works out Nick.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

No

And it's "google", not "googol".
                            Nick:
                            The correct spelling of a "googol" is as I have written it.

If you don't think I'm right about Senatortise McConnell then you're just being irrational.

Comment

Nick:
                              The correct spelling of a "googol" is as I have written it.

If you don't think I'm right about Senatortise McConnell then you're just being irrational.
                              Yeah, sure, that's it!

Comment

• Source:
                                "1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00.

The term was coined in 1938 by 9-year-old Milton Sirotta, nephew of Edward Kasner (Kasner 1989, pp. 20-27; Bialik 2004). Kasner then extended the term to the larger "googolplex." It should be noted that "googol" is indeed the correct spelling of the term, so the spelling "Google" refers to the internet search engine, not one with 100 zeros."

Your complete lack of addressing my impecible logic on McConnell has also been noted.

Comment