Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Barack Hussein Obama foreign policy disaster megathread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yup, I sat down and gathered the names of all my representatives, both State and National, and wrote them letters telling them I was tired of their crap, and after 40 years of voting pretty much straight-line republican, I'm leaving the GOP and registering as an Independent.

If Jimmy doesn't believe me, it's perfectly fine, cause, after all, he believes Obama! PERIOD!
    Jimmy is a very confused individual. My family is pretty heavy on the democrat side and I've heard most of the democrat talking points time after time again. Sure, they do have some decent points (doesn't everybody), but both parties seem more interested in keeping themselves in power than they are in representing those they claimed to represent.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
      Jimmy is a very confused individual. My family is pretty heavy on the democrat side and I've heard most of the democrat talking points time after time again. Sure, they do have some decent points (doesn't everybody), but both parties seem more interested in keeping themselves in power than they are in representing those they claimed to represent.
      What do you think both parties can do to better represent their constituents?

Comment

Yeah!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
          What do you think both parties can do to better represent their constituents?
          Find the things they CAN agree on, and stop holding those things hostage as a condition to get something the other does NOT want to give up.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            How ironic, you have it bass ackwards as usual CP.
            I apologize, Jimmy. I should have been more clear -- I was talking about INCOME tax, not beer and cigarette taxes.

I pay my taxes CP.
            Only YOURS? You don't volunteer MORE tax money to cover your neighbors? You can DO that, you know! There's actually a mechanism for that.

The difference between us is that I am happy to do so.
            Yeah, cause you got suckered into that "you're more patriotic if you pay more taxes"?

You're not a giver, you're a whiner.
            Jimmy, I probably paid more taxes last year than you paid in your entire life. And on TOP of that, I tithe, volunteer, donate blood, etc. So, you're just flat out goofy, Jimmy.

It may come as a shock to you, Jimmy, but in ADDITION to paying taxes, Conservatives volunteer more time, give more blood, and donate more money to charities than liberals. Liberals want OTHER people to give.

Source: ABC News 20/20

Who Gives and Who Doesn't?
            By JOHN STOSSEL and KRISTINA KENDALL via

There are a million ways to give to charity. Toy drives, food drives, school supply drives…telethons, walkathons, and dance-athons.

But just who is doing the giving? Three quarters of American families donate to charity, giving $1,800 each, on average. Of course, if three quarters give, that means that one quarter don't give at all. So what distinguishes those who give from those who don't? It turns out there are many myths about that.

Sioux Falls vs. San Francisco

We assume the rich give more than the middle class, the middle class more than the poor. I've heard liberals care more about the less fortunate, so we assume they give more than conservatives do. Are these assumptions truth, or myth?

To test what types of people give more, "20/20" went to two very different parts of the country, with contrasting populations: Sioux Falls, S.D. and San Francisco, Calif. The Salvation Army set up buckets at the busiest locations in each city -- Macy's in San Francisco and Wal-Mart in Sioux Falls. Which bucket collected more money?

Sioux Falls is rural and religious; half of the population goes to church every week. People in San Francisco make much more money, are predominantly liberal, and just 14 percent of people in San Francisco attend church every week. Liberals are said to care more about helping the poor; so did people in San Francisco give more?

It turns out that this idea that liberals give more…is a myth. Of the top 25 states where people give an above average percent of their income, 24 were red states in the last presidential election.

Arthur Brooks, the author of "Who Really Cares," says that "when you look at the data, it turns out the conservatives give about 30 percent more." He adds, "And incidentally, conservative-headed families make slightly less money."

And he says the differences in giving goes beyond money, pointing out that conservatives are 18 percent more likely to donate blood. He says this difference is not about politics, but about the different way conservatives and liberals view government.

"You find that people who believe it's the government's job to make incomes more equal, are far less likely to give their money away," Brooks says. In fact, people who disagree with the statement, "The government has a basic responsibility to take care of the people who can't take care of themselves," are 27 percent more likely to give to charity.

© Copyright Original Source

You REALLY need to try to get acquainted with TRUTH, Jimmy, and stop echoing the liberal talking points!

By the way, I wasn't online for about 3 hours last night because I was teaching the class where we're training minorities how to find jobs, fill job applications, write resumes, conduct interviews and learn job skills. At the end of the 16 week class, they earn $500 scholarships for college or training courses or for personal improvement to find a job. We're pretty flexible about how they spend that money. And WHERE does that money come from? Along with local businesses, those of us who teach the classes DONATE it.

So, this goofy notion that I'm not a giver is just... well..... typical JimmyCrap.
            Last edited by Cow Poke; 03-12-2014, 07:02 AM. Reason: changed "liar" to "goofy" :smile:

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              I pay my taxes CP. The difference between us is that I am happy to do so. You're not a giver, you're a whiner.
              I've always pictured you as somebody who collects a lot more from the government than pays in income taxes.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It may come as a shock to you, Jimmy, but in ADDITION to paying taxes, Conservatives volunteer more time, give more blood, and donate more money to charities than liberals. Liberals want OTHER people to give.
                This is probably not true.

Comment

Please don't argue by weblink. WHICH part is "probably not true"

Comment

• Can we stick to foreign policy discussions please?
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                      Can we stick to foreign policy discussions please?
                      ABsolutely. Jimmy can start his own "CP is a whiner" thread.

Comment

Please don't argue by weblink. WHICH part is "probably not true"
                        A second study was done by a different party that found the first study's (the one you referred to) methodology faulty in finding a sample's political ideology. This second study found no difference in the amount given to charity but did find a variation in what charities are given to, with conservatives giving to religious charities (including their church) more and liberals giving to secular charities more.

Comment

A second study
                          The Thread Starter requested we stay on topic. I'm complying. Please feel free to start your own thread on this.

Comment

Don't want to answer the reality, I understand it can be embarrassing to back up somebody who is making the very same mistakes you are criticizing from others. Obama raised the debt higher in his first four years, then Bush did in 8 years.
                            Nick:
                            Emphasis mine. 100% wrong. Even if what you said was correct (it isn’t), your boy Regan tripled the national debt.
                            LPOT:
                            You can always go to the US Treasury web site and confirm the numbers, if you really don't believe me. They are there, in black and white, for anybody capable of doing some basic math.
                            Nick:
                            Okay Then. Bush started his term in 2000, but we'll start at the beginning of his first Fiscal Year, 2001, and ended in 2009. End of FY 2001 (9/30) Total Debt Outstanding (TDO) : 5,807,463,412,200.06. TDO at end of FY 2009 11,909,829,003,511.70. Difference? 6,102,365,591,311.64
                            Obama Started in 2009. TDO Same as above. By 6/30/2013 (the treasure dept did not provide more recent exact figures), 16,738,320,054,489.20. The difference? 4,828,491,050,977.50

You’re wrong in more ways than one. First of all, your Boy Bush was getting more taxes as a percentage of the GDP than Obama so he had more money to work with and still governed like crap. Same with Saint Regan. Bush started with a surplus….ended with a 1.2trillion dollar deficit. Obama cut the deficit in half during his first term. So he’s been reducing the deficit… moving towards surpluses. Oh, he also didn’t start 2 trillion dollar unfunded wars or Medicare part D. He also didn’t facilitate the plunge of the economy into the worst recession since the great depression.
                            But hey, why let facts get in the way
                            LPOT:
                            They produce them here and now.
                            Nick:
                            Who are “they” and what is it that “they” produce here and now?
                            LPOT:
                            So you did not try to make it sound as though DE's words and arguments don't count because he isn't a US citizen?
                            Nick:
                            No, I did not. I simply noted that he sure takes a personal interest in things that are none of his concern seeing as how this isn’t his country. You don’t see me running around whining about Darth E’s Crackhead Mayor do you?
                            LPOT:
                            Everybody is right, once in a while.
                            Nick:
                            Satan is never right. Can I get an Amen?!
                            LPOT:
                            I wish Democrats would do the same, but they are too busy playing to the media about how the other side 'refuses to compromise' while they refuse to do it themselves. How funny, how everybody else, but those whom you agree with, have to 'compromise', isn't it?
                            Nick:
                            When the minority senate leader says that his number one priority is not to create jobs, not to fix the economy, not to keep Americans safe…..but to Make Obama a “One-term-president,” One gets the feeling that Republican leadership isn’t exactly attempting to compromise.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickcopernicus View Post
                              Emphasis mine. 100% wrong. Even if what you said was correct (it isn’t), your boy Regan tripled the national debt.
                              My boy Regan? Since when did he become 'my boy'? I think your black/white mentality is showing Nick. Because I am critical of Obama, I have to be a republican? Who made up that rule? Also, he 'tripled the debt'? That is pretty vague there Nick. Believe it or not, I did pass math class in high school and know how these little math games work. If you owe me 1 dollar, borrow 3 dollars and now owe me 4 dollars. Have you 'tripled' your debt? Yes you have. Now, does that mean that Joe, who owed me 50 dollars, borrows 50 more and now owes me 100 dollars better at his personal finances then you are because he only doubled his debt and you tripled yours? I'm sorry, but I am always suspicious of anybody who uses phrases like 'tripled x' because what did he triple it from and why did he triple it?

Okay Then. Bush started his term in 2000, but we'll start at the beginning of his first Fiscal Year, 2001, and ended in 2009. End of FY 2001 (9/30) Total Debt Outstanding (TDO) : 5,807,463,412,200.06. TDO at end of FY 2009 11,909,829,003,511.70. Difference? 6,102,365,591,311.64
                              Obama Started in 2009. TDO Same as above. By 6/30/2013 (the treasure dept did not provide more recent exact figures), 16,738,320,054,489.20. The difference? 4,828,491,050,977.50
                              Then you didn't look hard enough because I found the figures right up to two days ago, but you are right on this one (hey, even a broken clock can be right once in a while), but don't worry though. Your boy Obama is already well on his way to beating Bush's record.

You’re wrong in more ways than one. First of all, your Boy Bush was getting more taxes as a percentage of the GDP than Obama so he had more money to work with and still governed like crap. Same with Saint Regan. Bush started with a surplus….ended with a 1.2trillion dollar deficit. Obama cut the deficit in half during his first term. So he’s been reducing the deficit… moving towards surpluses. Oh, he also didn’t start 2 trillion dollar unfunded wars or Medicare part D. He also didn’t facilitate the plunge of the economy into the worst recession since the great depression.
                              Again, what is it with this fundy mentality that if I'm critical of Obama, I have to be a Bush and Regan fan girl? Who made up that rule? Also, what did you expect Bush to do after a major terrorist attack happened against American citizens, which happened shortly after he took office? Was he suppose to say, "Ok guys, please turn yourself in." Funny how many forget how the democrats of the time were beating the warm drum, right along with the republicans and people conveniently 'forget' that little part and want to blame Bush for something democrats and republicans alike were calling for, eh? We have to forget that little part. Finally, he singly handily put us into a 'depression worse since the great depression'? How did he do that one? Was he the one that told the banks to make bad loans? Lol, you act as though Bush is some kind of evil mastermind, what possible control does Bush or Obama have over the economy? Besides, your buddy Obama has little to talk about, more Americans then ever are currently unemployed, more living below the poverty line, more are on food stamps, and rich people are even richer now, then they have been since the 1920's. Obama seems to be doing such a lovely job, right now, with that whole 'recovery' thing, isn't he? Gosh, who needs enemies when you got friends like that? Sorry Nick, but you're rather off bases here. Although I do enjoy the charges of being a republican. Obviously, you don't know that I hold the republicans at about the same level of contempt that I hold the democrats to. Both parties are more interested in playing games to keep themselves in power then they are in serving those who elect them. A good house and senate cleaning is well needed, hopefully every last one of them gets thrown out and we get a totally new congress (although that is pie in the sky stuff that I know will never happen).

But hey, why let facts get in the way
                              Don't worry Nick, I know you will not let the facts get in the way.

Who are “they” and what is it that “they” produce here and now?
                              Most people would be smart enough to figure out I made a bit of a typo. I guess you're more interested in playing games then you are in discussing things, eh?

No, I did not. I simply noted that he sure takes a personal interest in things that are none of his concern seeing as how this isn’t his country. You don’t see me running around whining about Darth E’s Crackhead Mayor do you?
                              Why shouldn't he be taking an interest? By that logic, should the US care if an anti US government takes over one of our long time allies? The US is a major political power across the world, pretty much everybody is going to have some vested interest in US policies and government since it does affect them in some way.

Satan is never right. Can I get an Amen?!
                              Where did Jesus say that?

When the minority senate leader says that his number one priority is not to create jobs, not to fix the economy, not to keep Americans safe…..but to Make Obama a “One-term-president,” One gets the feeling that Republican leadership isn’t exactly attempting to compromise.
                              Your avoidance is noted.
                              Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 03-14-2014, 08:51 AM.
                              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by nickcopernicus View Post
                                Nick:
                                Nick, can you actually show me where he said his number one priority is NOT any of those things? Or did you just add all that because you're somewhat of a drama queen?

The REASON he wanted Obama to be a "One-term-president" is because OBama was NOT focused on creating jobs (remember the "well, they weren't as shovel-ready as we thought" nonsense?) or fixing the economy, or keeping Americans safe --- Obama was busy fooling Americans into swallowing his disastrous health care fiasco.

Comment