Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Barack Hussein Obama foreign policy disaster megathread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Putin is a lot more delighted by the fact that Obama is a bumbling buffoon. You seem awfully butthurt by the fact that people are posting Obama's own words. It's not my fault he looks like an utter imbecile, it's his fault. I owe your boyfriend nothing other than to point my finger and laugh, both at him and his idiot arrogant supporters. "The 80s called, they want their foreign policy back." How'd that work out for your Jimmy? Oceans receding yet? Every time progressitards trip and fall on their face I will be here, jeering like a hyena.
    You're always jeering like a hyena Darth, thats who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
      Should we perhaps send troops into Crimea, invade Russia, keep silent and say nothing? There's no good approach to this.

Recall Bush Junior responding to a question about whether or not Putin was a man Americans can trust: "Yes. ... I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straightforward and trustworthy. ... I was able to get a sense of his soul ... I wouldn't have invited him to my ranch if I didn't trust him."

I suspect Bush knew what he was saying was not true but was putting the best face on the situation. Look at what Bush did in Georgia in 2008.

"We did a lot, but in the end there was not much that you could do," said James F. Jeffrey, Bush's deputy national security advisor.

Quotes taken from Ron Fournier's March 2nd piece in the National Journal. Fournier was the reporter who asked this question of Bush.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/white...fools-20140302
      To be fair the invasion of Georgia took place in Bush's final months of office when it was doubtful he could have gotten Congress to agree to anything even if he wanted to do something.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        That is all that matters here. That, and the fact that an ever-shrinking minority of people still think the community organizer is doing a better job than the KGB thug. And Jimmy will be right there leading the cheers.
        I guess you'd rather be lead by the KGB thug eh CP. Sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          Name an issue and I will give you the Republican idea. That'll prove that your "no ideas" parroting is pure rubbish.
          You brought it up Bill, so defend it yourself. What things happened, what has Obama done to the Country?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            To be fair the invasion of Georgia took place in Bush's final months of office when it was doubtful he could have gotten Congress to agree to anything even if he wanted to do something.
            But what do you think he should have done? Did you agree with John 'We're all Georgians now' McCain? James Jeffrey's comment still stands, I think.
            βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
            ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]391[/ATTACH]
              Obviously this is utterly false. No other president in our history has taken any flack or been insulted by the opposition. This is a situation unique to Obama. And of course it is all racially motivated since nobody could possibly disagree with his policies.
              Nobody said its "unique," and nobody said it is "all" racially motivated, but if you guys can't see/admit that you've taken it to a whole other level, well then, you are just incapable of admitting to the truth. Just to paraphrase one of your hero's: "That Chicago marxist, communist educated, communist nurtured, subhuman mongrel who weaseled his way into the Presidency." And this stuff is constant, so take your head out of the sand and listen.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Nobody said its "unique," and nobody said it is "all" racially motivated, but if you guys can't see/admit that you've taken it to a whole other level, well then, you are just incapable of admitting to the truth. Just to paraphrase one of your hero's: "That Chicago marxist, communist educated, communist nurtured, subhuman mongrel who weaseled his way into the Presidency." And this stuff is constant, so take your head out of the sand and listen.
                So when you say it's not unique, what you really mean is it is in fact unique? I'm confused.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  Why is Bush always brought up when the discussion is about Obama's poor leadership? I mean, always? Is there so little ammunition to defend Obama from criticism that his supporters must resort, seemingly without fail, to bringing up his predecessor?

I don't mean this as disrespectful, robrecht, I just see it happen on nearly every issue for which Obama receives criticism.
                  We bring it up because it is obvious that you are acting like hypocrites who are only ranting on an on about Obama because he is Obama. You all love to say, now that Bush is out of office, how you disagreed with a lot of what he did. But where were you then? I didn't hear any of you saying then how it was Bush's weak foreign policies that led to Putins action in Georgia. And btw, you didn't hear Democrats saying that either.
                  Last edited by JimL; 03-07-2014, 10:09 PM.

Comment

We bring it up because it is obvious that you are acting like hypocrites who are only ranting on an on about Obama because he is Obama. You all love to say, now that Bush is out of office, how you disagreed with a lot of what he did. But where were you then? I didn't hear anyone saying then how it was Bush's weak foreign policies that led to Putins action in Georgia.
                    Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I was in high school and quite ignorant of politics. Sometimes I wish I'd stayed that way....

ETA: Not to say that I'm not still pretty ignorant, but at least now I'm working on it.
                    Last edited by Zymologist; 03-07-2014, 10:12 PM.
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      We do not love Putin by ANY stretch. He's insane.
                      How is Putin insane?

Comment

IMO, after the Ukraine opposition broke the EU-brokered deal with Yanukovich, to just about zero condemnation by EU and Western powers, the critique of Russia transgressing the Budapest Memorandum is ironical and hilarious.

Comment

You brought it up Bill, so defend it yourself. What things happened, what has Obama done to the Country?
                          I'll name just a few:

1) The "Red Line" with Syria which let genocide to continue unabated
                          2) The Russian "Reset"
                          3) The NSA Spy program
                          4) Benghazi
                          5) No response to the Arab Spring fallout
                          6) Allowed Iran's nuclear ambitions to continue with little resistance
                          7) The hasty retreat in Iraq which has Al Queda regaining strength

And those are just the big ones from a foreign policy perspective. No one respects our military might anymore. Heck, our allies barely even know which direction Obama's "fly by the seat of his pants" foreign policy will go.
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
                            How is Putin insane?
                            Look up the attack on Katyr Yurt.
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

And I thought you never listened to the right wing echo chamber CP.
                              I don't.

No he doesn't CP,
                              Yes he does.

your party has gone out of its way to criticize him from the first day he took office. Well, any way,
                              My "party"? I'm an independent,

i'm sure Putin appreciates your patriotic efforts.
                              Jimmy --- you can be a real moron, ya know?
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I guess you'd rather be lead by the KGB thug eh CP. Sounds about right.
                                Well, that would sound right to a total goofus, I guess.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment